Ranged DE and DEamoness

Hello everybody

I was thinking to make a ranged DE. Using the umm testosterone (or adrenalin) to boost poison damage and then multi hit. DE has a special multihit, and I am wondering whether it will work. Using egils... if that is the poison (cross)bow

Also I noticed that deamones shoots faaast from a crossbow when she is in the air. If one hit kill could be managed that would be cool...

Anyone tried this kind of builds?

I thought about doing a ranged DE but I never get myself to do it, and Deamons are great archers, extreme speed on shoting while flying and extreme damage in attack form and with the ''attack attack''

I thought about doing a ranged DE but I never get myself to do it, and Deamons are great archers, extreme speed on shoting while flying and extreme damage in attack form and with the ''attack attack''

I was just playing pool with friend and I won, which means I attacked him witn my powerful "beerslaughter" attack, irresistable damege... I will first try out DE and than propably deamoness, will report on the events. And if I understand properly, using the physical assail form (or what...) the "attack attack" form is with bow I guess, and that should be nice damege? (hope you understande this sentence structure). But when flying and using crossbow would be interesting. With tentacles or something. uh. I'll try and report later.

c y

Both De and Daemon do not get ranged so you won't get full set bonus from either Egill's or Ettol's. That said, both can be viable builds.

A Soaring Daemon using xbows can be extremely effective especially using Tentacles. Though if playing MP this set-up can cause lag. You can equip Egill's or Ettol's but it requires over-socketing. Do a search on that but if you can't find or don't understand it, I can explain how it works. The Descent special attack can be very devastating. You need to make a level 1 combo with Soaring to make it work really well. Again I can explain further if needed.

With the DE. Never tried ranged much but he does get a ranged bonus mod with a full J'dahn's set. Never tested it so not sure how good it is. Same with ranged multi-hit. But you never know till you try and would be interested in how it goes if you decide to make one.

Also the ranged DE is still very viable because he may not be able to get the ranged combat skill, but for Egills "Projects Pass Through Enemies" bonus you just need all the pieces they do not have to be socketed in the xbow! The actually "secret" bonus (having the rings socketed in the xbow) is some large attack speed bonus, but what you really want is the pojects pass through foes which can be done using overriding as knuckles has said :D

Hope this helps,

StiCk_eM

yes yes

thank you very much. I know what overiding is. when I dont have proper mastery I dont get full bonus from sets? hmmm this is new to me. well started the toon already. the multi hit is working but currently the hit-ratio and damage sucks... well he is level 10 or something :D

see you when DE is around 50

Hey Chrenus!

I've always wanted to run a crossbow Daemon. The rate of fire they get with the weapon is akin to a machine gun. I've seen a very unique crossbows that I've used a few times. With daemons, I've always found it easy to change forms at almost no cost to the build...you don't need to many runes to switch to a flyer, and then flipping on a crossbow makes for a very fast moving, strafing toon... very fun to play, and as peeps here have posted, when combined with tentacles, quite fun. The Daemon uses a lot of fire, and the synergy with Infernal Power is almost outrageous. Finding a Cross bow that uses Fire based damage can really amp the damage.

:D

gogo

Hey Chrenus!

I've always wanted to run a crossbow Daemon. The rate of fire they get with the weapon is akin to a machine gun. I've seen a very unique crossbows that I've used a few times. With daemons, I've always found it easy to change forms at almost no cost to the build...you don't need to many runes to switch to a flyer, and then flipping on a crossbow makes for a very fast moving, strafing toon... very fun to play, and as peeps here have posted, when combined with tentacles, quite fun. The Daemon uses a lot of fire, and the synergy with Infernal Power is almost outrageous. Finding a Cross bow that uses Fire based damage can really amp the damage.

:devil:

gogo

I already started the DE. its level 20 and cant use bows now. too little damage. I am using the multi hit (I'll try out other skills too) but it only deals three hits or so, hope it will get better when I rise the skill. right now melee (spelling...) is far more efficient. I guess at level 50 it will start to work out. Need to invest heavily into testosteron. I have seen a nice ranged glad somewhere on the forum and that inspired me.

My main idea about this char is that

- it wont have to approach enemies (hmm maybe I`ll use the fog skill)

- one hit kill - due to high testosteron, being foged and using WIDD strategy hmmm

- and I`ll try open wound. I guess it wouldnt have to go into big numbers with open wound because the poison effect will tick-it-in (isn tick a nasty blood sucking bug?)

You made me want to start the deamoness right away. And that is a niiice crossbow.

You made me want to start the deamoness right away. And that is a niiice crossbow.

Yeah, aren't the crossbows fantastic?

You cannot realize how fast she fires. It's almost like they made a mistake when coding the rate of fire...

And plus if she's in the air...you can keep strafing over and over...definitely one of the more fun ideas to try out.

:devil:

gogo