Sacred 2 Preview - Games Radar

Games Radar brings us an exciting review of a hands on with the much awaited Sacred 2 Fallen Angel. Here are some interesting excerpts sure to make you drool, taken from the review as he got to experience the game:

Taken from Games Radar, read the entire article here.

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel

Taking our first steps in a vast world of both angels and demons

Words: Desslock , PC Gamer US

gamepro1.jpg

• "But just as compelling was the promise of being able to wander off to explore any of the 12 distinct zones, including a jungle that’s riddled with ruins; an inhospitable desert populated by scorpions; a volcanic crystalline island full of elementals; an undead-infested marsh; and a large urban city resembling Rome in its prime."
  • "the Temple Guardian, a steampunk cyborg who resembles an Egyptian Anubis and can use technological weapons."
  • "I could also specify the manner in which abilities improve - you can choose, for instance, to increase a Meteor Swarm’s effectiveness against groups of opponents, or instead, make it particularly deadly against an individual target."
  • "Finally, I had my choice of six gods to worship, each providing special quests with unique rewards. All of these choices help make even characters of the same class unique, and should increase Sacred 2’s replayability factor."
  • "enemy AI is complex enough that some weaker creatures fled when I approached, only attacking when in numbers great enough to pose a threat. Organized groups can be frightened off by killing their leader, which saved my butt a couple of times."

And the last excerpt from the article:

• "Although it certainly isn’t going to break the Diablo clone mold,"

*cough*... Well...we'll see about that...

:)

gogo

woha! seems to be alot of new stuff comming from sacred2 all the time now!

I seen the healthbar on diffrent places on the screen now, would that be diffrent from char to char (that might turn annoying) or maybe it changes when take the good or evil storyline... or something simple as u can change the interface :D

and as I said before, kinda like that u can change the apparence of the body/face..

I love that u can customize a spell! makes the oppertuneties for diffrent builds so many more!

The idea of having choice of gods being able to more customize toons is very interesting. *sigh*....does this mean I'll have to create six different seraphims all with different gods chosen?

I hope there's a bunny god...course, I liked killing the rabbits in Sacred, so I don't know how this will work

:badbad:

gogo

lol, run Erling ruuuuun!

You know... That picture in your post gogo is actually really nice. The lighting in that pic as well as the water off in the distance look wonderful. GuildWars-ish even.

I'm just a little bit worried about the whole combat arts thing in Sacred 2. I've noticed in previous screenshots and videos that some combat arts seem to be available to more than one character. The Fireball for example, I saw the Seraphim, Shadow Warrior (and High Elf too I think) using it. Oh and the lightening attack has been used by more than one character type as well. I realize that GuildWars does make this possible however... GuildWars has hundreds upon HUNDREDS of different arts/skills. Sacred 2 will faaaar less basic combat arts and so I'm worried that any sharing of combat arts might diminish a combat arts value to the player.

well, Combat Arts like hard hit and attack was available to almoust evryone (exept BM and deamon had a twist on them) on sacred(UW)

but spells like that... well u can customize the spells you have, witch I am rly looking forward to that maybe gives us some competance for the ''not as many skills as in GW'' ?

Schot, I know what you mean. When I first saw that pic, I was wondering what about it made it look so different from all the other pics I've seen from this game. The lighting is particularly bright, maybe that's the difference.

Regarding the sharing of a smaller number of Combat Arts, I hear where you're coming from. My take on this is that it could be that certain toons will be better able to make particular Combat Arts work better...depending on their attributes and skill choices.

Yes, GW had hundreds, so sharing really wasn't an issue.

I'm hoping there won't be too much "deja vue" with this game.

:4rofl:

gogo