Trying to start a new xbow glad...

Hi, just joined in after about 12 months of lurking.

I like the concept of gladiator so I decided to give him a ride. ( To this day I had problem sticking to a character and keep up with it). I noticed obsession's xbow glad guide and decided I should try it. Just a few questions though:

Is it viable for platinum /niobium?

Good idea to keep it pure or use axes for some areas/situations?

Possible CA choices?

That's all! Thanks in advance.

Hi there Mr.Dviant, welcome to DarkMatters!

I've never taken a glad up past level 40, mostly did work with seraphims, however, I'm hoping Ob will see this post, and be able to help you, if not some of the other members here. I remember some of obs work with glads, and his crossbow one was outstanding .

:cool:

gogo

I have seen some viable builds of the Xbow Glad in my years of playing never have played one myself. But I can say I have seen them own

While I haven't made an xbow glad I've seen them in Niob. Believe most were using Attack with a full Egill's xbow. Though there are several nice unique ones. Best thing to do is put most/all points in Str as all xbows have Str mods.

Welcome to DarkMatters! Make yourself home. ;)

Hmm I haven't tried xbow glad before, but I did with dark elf.

Only tips I can give are...

-Full xbow is great. I think that is important.

-Um in the CA-s...I think Multi hit works well. A bit better than attack. So I'd chose the Multi hit.

Hope that helps a little bit. Best to wait for the master. :cool:

Is it viable for platinum /niobium?

Very viable. I think it's even safer than other glad builds, but still can take as much punch back.

Good idea to keep it pure or use axes for some areas/situations?

No need for other type of weapons. Egills will kill anything fast, also you can use ettols for even more damage. Basicly you can go melee when you like as this glad has as much hp and resistances as normal melee glad can have.

Possible CA choices?

You only need multi-hit. But if you want to go melee from time to time, you better pick other one too as multi-hits regen time will be huge whit other weapons, when you try to max it for x-bow use.

oh xbow gladi is fun :)

u should look for egill bow and lorger's set

OR to my great suprise, when I played I found out something that shocked me! :D ettol bow with dalmars set is killer! very much physical damage... and lorgar/dalmar mix with egill is also great!!

heroic curage and multi hit would be all Combat Arts u need. and dont be afraid to use to many multihit runes. ranged weps on gladi with multihit I never had a regeneration on over 1 secund.. must be a bug at gladi and de's at that :P

must be a bug at gladi and de's at that :D

lol my dark elf had much more regen than 1 sec. :P But I agree with the others. :)

One more thing. Is there a limit on the Glad's damage? Like dwarve's cannon blast or flame thrower.

hmm I do not know, my ranged gladi is only 85 :D and its a bug in the dmg window also, as with explosive arrow... I do around 20-30k an arrow depending on the place and enemies.

Very viable. I think it's even safer than other glad builds, but still can take as much punch back.

No need for other type of weapons. Egills will kill anything fast, also you can use ettols for even more damage. Basicly you can go melee when you like as this glad has as much hp and resistances as normal melee glad can have.

You only need multi-hit. But if you want to go melee from time to time, you better pick other one too as multi-hits regen time will be huge whit other weapons, when you try to max it for x-bow use.

So I just need to concentrate on multi hit and finding eglil's or ettols right? I'm currently playing in SP only (Too busy to play online due to a full-time job I just got lol) so finding ettols/eglil's set may be a bit of hassle.

I may try either awe or fotg just in case though - they may save my butt when I get swarmed up and close. Maybe you may say I don't need it but which CA is better should I use it?

Anyways, thanks for the help, made me wanna take him all the way a whole lot more.

So I just need to concentrate on multi hit and finding eglil's or ettols right? I'm currently playing in SP only (Too busy to play online due to a full-time job I just got lol) so finding ettols/eglil's set may be a bit of hassle.

U can also use normal or rare x-bows what you can find. It can be bit slow at the beginning, but ones you get your multi-hit high enought whit some good x-bow, you'll be unstoppable. Egill's and ettols are just how to fine tune even greater damage out of this build, but you can handle well even whitout them.

I may try either awe or fotg just in case though - they may save my butt when I get swarmed up and close. Maybe you may say I don't need it but which CA is better should I use it?

awe can be usefull if you need to escape, but stomping jump is also really handy and you only need to read one rune to be able to jump everywhere. If you want to use alternative weapons and Combat Arts, then I suggest getting a 2-handed axe and use hardhit/stomping jump to single foes and multi-hit for mobs (you won't be able to swing very often when regen time is high, but it will have higher chance of hitting and do lot more damage) or use awe to push everyone out of the range until you get the chance start firing whit multi-hit.. awe is better one of those two you are thinking as it has really low regen time.

Fotg has huge weakness and it's the time it charges up and you will take damage while it does that. Other weakness is the possibility to miss and it's more likely than whit other glad Combat Arts as it doesn't add +% attack rating per level like most others does.

Edited by Obsession

Just like against any other type of monsters.. just run around avoid dragons fire breathe and meteor storms and fire using forced attack (ctrl + right mouse click). Same thing whit all bigger monsters. Maybe it's not as powerfull as shard mage against bosses, but still really good and easy to keep safe.

Starting is the hard part. Ones you get MH high enought, you'll see why it's unstoppable even against bosses.

Just like against any other type of monsters.. just run around avoid dragons fire breathe and meteor storms and fire using forced attack (ctrl + right mouse click). Same thing whit all bigger monsters. Maybe it's not as powerfull as shard mage against bosses, but still really good and easy to keep safe.

Starting is the hard part. Ones you get MH high enought, you'll see why it's unstoppable even against bosses.

Thanks. I'll keep at it even though I seem to have hit a low patch atm (l12 at silver)