UMTS/HSDP/EDGE/GPRS wireless modem

kunstler

just bought a wireless (usb) modem today ... its going to be used by may parents on their desktop ... will have to test it today.

hmmmm - had to order another one in as card version for my notebook ... ...

vodafone package .. 19 eur/month for unlimited access.

does anyone has any experience with it or with something similar?

Edited by kunstler

We have a dual type router here: both LAN and wireless. Our modem is provided by our ISP and it's a single LAN connection.

As far as I know, USB type adapters don't really work that well, you'd be better off getting a PCI card for wireless internet on the desktop, because they have better reception(?) but when the new modem is near to the desktop the USB thingy will be fine... :D

We have a dual type router here: both LAN and wireless. Our modem is provided by our ISP and it's a single LAN connection.

As far as I know, USB type adapters don't really work that well, you'd be better off getting a PCI card for wireless internet on the desktop, because they have better reception(?) but when the new modem is near to the desktop the USB thingy will be fine... :)

just tried to get my modem working ... it refuses to :P

seem signal is too bad where I live ... I think I might go to vodafone and make them eat it without salt and pepper :D

Edited by kunstler

Err... OK...

1. Is the modem itself connected to a LAN cable, or ADSL or anything? Or is it wireless?

2. Doesn't Vodafone know what areas are bad to sell their equip? Here in Holland there are very few places you cannot have Internet, but it is divided as to what provider you can have.

Err... OK...

1. Is the modem itself connected to a LAN cable, or ADSL or anything? Or is it wireless?

2. Doesn't Vodafone know what areas are bad to sell their equip? Here in Holland there are very few places you cannot have Internet, but it is divided as to what provider you can have.

modem connects directly to a computer - USB cable.

I have bad signal, I'm living on a very edge of the city, near forest ... also have problems with phone call ... they really do not know how to build a network .... they are using two cells (bi-sector antenna) on the nearest base station instead of three sectors are they should have (I've worked for mobile operator few years ago).

tried it on a boat off the coast today and it did not worked either :/