Submission for the Shadow Warrior contest

What do you guys think?

Touch of Elysium

Weapon Type - Ice

Weapon Bonus' - 1 socket; +50% damage against the opposite alignment ( ex. evil vs. good); Killing blow provides +1% health

The weapon is newly forged. After the Shadow Warriors death and resurrection, he deemed himself unfit for Elven armor he previously bore. The armor was holy, which he was no longer after being tainted by T-Energy. The Shadow Warriors armor was gathered and melted into molten steel, and forged into a new weapon known as the Touch of Elysium. The blacksmith was simply a close friend of the Shadow Warriors past. This weapon contains a smidgeon of the Holiness that once was in the Shadow Warrior. This retained holiness, however small, is quite possibly the only factor keeping the Shadow Warrior from ultimate power. Should he choose to harness the power of T-Energy, the weapon itself will become tainted, and all hope for the warrior lost. But if the Shadow Warrior deems it nescesary to join Ancaria and fight for peace and his own redemption, this touch of holiness in his weapon may yet be able to grow, and the people of Ancaria saved.

Very nice monster. I especially like the name Touch of Elysium. Has a nice sound to it. :D The stats are pretty cool but I think you could afford to give more % health for killing blow. Ascaron has with its original Sacred always been very generous with Life leaching %'s. For a unique weapon such as yours and given the fact that leach would only be applied to a killing blow I would suggest 20%. In Sacred Underworld it's quite common to find items with 20% Life Leach on an item for every hit you land on enemy. I realize in MMORPG's this is not the case and so wanted to point out that difference. ;)

Thanks for that. On the actual site I just put +%, not any particular number. Anyways ill probably be coming up with a few more over the next few days. Plus I wouldnt mind helping anyone out with ideas or anything, because if anyone in the clan gets into the beta its a plus for everyone.

Sorry for the double post.

I already typed all this out once.. typing it out a 2nd time, so I may rush some of it accidently..

The story:

The shadow warrior was slain in combat, and had gone to Elysium to become the eternal Warlord. The gods presented the shadow warrior with a hammer dedicated to the Warlord, named _________( not sure). This hammer was half of the shadow warriors corronation as the Warlord. Next he was to be given a set of armor that would bind him to Elysium as the eternal Warlord, and make him holy. As he reached out for the helm, the Shadow Warrior could feel the T-Energy tugging at his soul as the High Elves completed the ritual. THe Shadow warrior spun towards his hammer, and as his fingers wrapped around its hilt, the SHadow Warrior was yanked out of Elysium and his soul confined into his old body, now impure and filled with T-Energy. But the Shadow Warrior still had his mace, and after breaking free of the weak-minded elves, he slayed them all with it. Filled with rage at being torn from his throne, and freed from the enslavement of the High Elves, the Shadow Warrior struck out on a journey of his own, with his hammer he re-named Elysiums Fallen ( Hows that sound? I have other ideas.. its gotta be something to do with him being so close to eternity, and rejected). Unbeknownst to all, Elysiums Fallen contains a fraction of the holiness that once was in the Shadow Warrior. This retained holiness, however small, is quite possibly the only factor keeping the Shadow Warrior from ultimate power. Should he choose to harness the power of T-Energy, the weapon itself will become tainted, and all hope for the warrior lost. But if the Shadow Warrior deems it neccesary to join Ancaria and fight for peace and his own redemption, this touch of holiness in his weapon may yet be able to grow and spread, and the people of Ancaria saved.

I like the story. And the ability for the hammer, +50% damage against the opposite alignment, is AWESOME. I like the way it plays against either end of the spectrum...nice touch that, as it uses alignments which are supposed to be pretty important in Sacred 2, along with the choice of gods..

Why ice though as the element it uses, any particular reason? You got me thinking now, with this aspect of the fighting duality of the Shadow Warrior...could it be interesting to add an element to the hammer that shows this fighting? As perhaps a chance to actually heal the opponent you're trying to kill...a manifestation of the hammer's battle in the forces of good and evil?

If the damage was really huge, I think it would be worthwhile, to play with an "intelligent" or perhaps "cursed" weapon like this. I especially loved weapons in D and D that had intelligence, and would sometimes slip, or miss a blow because they didn't want to hit something. I'll see if I can come up with other way to exhibit weapon's intelligence...most I can think of is a blow that does an actual heal instead of damage, if the Shadow Warrior isn't completely on one path.

This would also make the weapon exceptionally dangerous to wield, if he wasn't totally commited to one path. Perhaps the chance of a healing blow lessening as he gets closer and closer to a purer path? The cost of having a weapon that is almost completely dependable being a complete obeisance to an alignment

You've intrigued me with this weapon Monster

:P

gogo

Glad to hear it interests you, now I just have to intrigue the judges too! And the reason for Ice is because I had to pick from 4 types. Poison, fire, ice, and physical. Ice seemed a good choice because depending on good/bad they could have ice thorns coming out of the sides, or water dripping from the hammer, just allows them to use their creativity. But fire might work better.. a change in color?