Engadget - Danamics debuts liquid metal-based LM10 CPU cooler

FdmNews

Filed under: Desktops

danamics-lm10.jpg

Still not satisfied by the many, many cooling options out there to keep your toasty CPU under control? Then perhaps upstart Danamics' new liquid metal-based LM10 cooler will meet with your approval. According to the company, the LM10 is not only the first liquid metal-based cooler to hit the market, but it says it'll do a better job at keeping your CPU cool than most water-based cooling systems. That's apparently possible thanks to a combination of liquid metal (the exact specifics of which seem to be under wraps) and a "multi-string" electromagnetic pump, which has no moving parts and doesn't require external housings or large resevoirs. Unfortunately, there's no word on pricing or availablity just yet, but judging from the way the company's talking about it, it seems like it's about ready to go.

View the full article

This is SO cool. A cooler with the liquid metal t3 inside it! :P

This kind of cooler so intrigued me I did some reading up on the net about it. It looks like two or three companies all have ideas, but noone's really put anything up concrete yet. lol, one of the companies I saw had it written up in their product catalogue, and the following year, it got taken out. Apparently the percentage gain from water to liquid metal isn't so much...not enough to warrant the exorbitant price they were thinking of asking for the cooler.

:P

gogo

p.s. I gotta say...cooler technology is VERY , err...cool :) There's a a huge slow of ways to cool down your comp, and some of the little mechanisms I was looking at are like things right out of a steampunk world :butcher:

lol, I'm so into heaetsinks and Fans these days...they're so tiny and so cute...and cheap :4rofl: It's like I can buy a bunch of these and feel good ^^ (They kinda remind me of matchbox cars I used to collect as a kid)

Check out this page from Newegg on their fans and heatsinks.

newegg.jpg

It looks so hand-crafted and wacky

love the little things

:)

gogo