A few things have been on my mind lately. Nothing earth-shattering, but annoying all the same. I will call them rantletts or alacarte rants.....

There are many of them, like a pen that won't seem to write in a certain spot on the page even though it will work anywhere else. Or companies that insist on giving their phone numbers as words without providing the numbers.

But what is on my mind today is yahoo maps.

I have to pick my wife up from Saman Luang in Pomona, CA. Not quite sure where it is I turn to yp.yahoo.com. Even though I am not sure about the spelling, I quickly find it in the listings and click on the map button. The map will not load because maps.yahoo.com is unsure about the city. I am given a list of choices and the Pomona, CA location is not included.

You would think that following a link from one yahoo site to another yahoo site would be a bit smoother than that. And it is not the first time that that has happened.

Other times, clicking the map link has rewarded me with "unknown address" :sigh:

hmmmm first time I've actually hear of using Yahoo maps, Sil. And I'm sorry your experience with it was second class. Does Google offer anything with their map technology that could possibly be better? Me and a few friends of mine have been using Google Maps lately for city jaunts. We never get lost, and it's got lots of little google-dies ^^

:crazy:

gogo

My first choice is always mapquest, with google maps as a close second.

But if I am using yahoo's yellow pages you would think that the link to yahoo maps would work.

Changing the subject slightly, I love the street view(forget which site has that)

Yeah the street view is pretty impressive... sometimes it gets so close, it kinda chills me a bit...then I just say out loud I'm living in 1984.

I always feel better after saying that

:D

gogo