Sacred - problem in multiplayer mode

Just recently bought a second copy of Sacred Gold (DVD version) and when we try to play a multiplayer game my original CD (3 disc version) will not connect and we receive the error:

ITEMs 00.pak ITEMs 01.pak

Both are installed on computers running xp with the 2.28 download. Is there a difference between the DVD and CD version which makes them incompatible?

Are you trying to run the dvd in a computer that only the cd version was installed on? That could do it as it could be looking for files on the wrong type of drive.

Where you own two legal copies I might save you saved game files (move them to the desktop so they dont get wiped when you uninstall sacred) and wipe and reinstall the newest version on your two systems. They patched out the need for the disk in the drive with the last patch (2.28) so you wont need 2 dvd's or 2 cd's .

A clean install might be whats needed especially where you have 2 diff formats for your sacred disks.

Others might have a different suggestion but thats where I'd start. I'd also check to make sure one of your sets isnt a different countries version (ie american vs european vs german)