Testing builds and socketing in Sacred 2

I"m wondering...it seems like Sacred 2 is all about wanting us to save before we leave the game. This doesn't really leave us a whole lot of options for testing...especially with the costing socketing being what it is.

So

What if I started an HC or SC both both closed toons...I gather up all the items for my socketing...or I'm at the cusp of making skill choices...could I then export the toon to an open server, and then from there socket and/or pick and see what my toon plays like?

Err...is exports even allowed anymore?

Pleasesayyespleasesayyespleasesayes...

:woot:

gogo

You can always Alt + F4 :)

I don't know if retail has export options. Only playing beta here and haven't seen that mentioned

Edited by Knuckles

Interesting...no export options? What's the bigger underlying theme of all this... that AScaron wants everything, even sp ...to be kinda of like an HC take on the game?

And alt f4...lol, what if the game actually saves at some point after we socket...unbeknownst to us, of course...and does it before alt f4ing...

eek

:)

gogoo

I'm having that issue as well... and I don't think exports are possible, only ever saw it in D&D games.

I think I'll level a single player toon that will have no skill points allocated, so I can test various things and then replace the save file (unless some kind soul tells me how to hack the save files to save me the trouble :) )

Right now I'm trying to figure out the item generation mechanics. I'll make a toon with bargain skill (maybe seraphim), so if anyone wants some specific character type for his own testing, now is the time to ask. ;) I could mail it to anyone interested.

Yes but that way I can't test the changes accurately ;) Adding skill points one right after the other makes testing much simpler than, say if you put 1 skill point now and another one in a few days when you level. If I want to see what impact does the skill have at various levels, it's easier to test it with a clean character, in a single testing session :)