Ranged Attack Strategy Guide - Deflection

I thought this might be of interest to anyone planning a ranged based build. I occasionally use ranged weapons and with optionsCustom set just right you'll find that you can attack enemies at great distances. Because of this distance though it can be hard to hit your target. What you can do in this case is lead your target. Leading a target is a fairly common practice in FPS games and those of you who play FPS will undoubtedly be familiar with this strategy. In Sacred 2 you can do this though it's a bit more tricky than an FPS. In an FPS you can fire at anything regardless of whether you have targeted something. In Sacred 2 we generally have to left or right click ON a target in order to be able to fire except... When you hold down the CTRL key. And that's where leading your target comes into play. In Sacred 2, far away targets that have not been attracted to you will often be pacing around which can make it difficult to shoot at them. What you need to do is hold down the CTRL key and left click to shoot in front of them. That's it. That's the trick to it.

Leading a target is said to be referred to as Deflection in military terms and you can read more about the tactic on Wikipedia:Deflection

Arrows, Lasers Beams and Spit Balls away! :D

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have been playing with a blowpipe for the last few days and I have found that it doesn`t have this problem. Always hits the target even if moving hehe. Very nice bug if it is one, or maybe due to the speed of darts!

The Blow pipe's ability to "track" and kill monsters always delights and gets a laugh out of me. Olms try to duck and run across the screen while my pipe just smacks em down.

Truly satisfying.

;)

gogo