Wired - Mach V Screams, But Is Overclocking Worth the Price?

FdmNews

Mach V Screams, But Is Overclocking Worth the Price?

No expense was spared for the Mach V: Its 3.2-GHz processor is overclocked by 800 MHz, and the machine packs three Nvidia GeForce GTX 280 cards running together for screaming performance. While media files live on the 1-TB hard drive, programs have their own pair of 64-gig solid-state drives. That way, when the CPU comes knocking, it reaps the benefit of the SSDs' read and write speed.

falcon_northwest_mach_v_f.jpg

Falcon Northwest Mach V

View the full article

Mach V Screams, But Is Overclocking Worth the Price?

No expense was spared for the Mach V: Its 3.2-GHz processor is overclocked by 800 MHz, and the machine packs three Nvidia GeForce GTX 280 cards running together for screaming performance. While media files live on the 1-TB hard drive, programs have their own pair of 64-gig solid-state drives. That way, when the CPU comes knocking, it reaps the benefit of the SSDs' read and write speed.

falcon_northwest_mach_v_f.jpg

Falcon Northwest Mach V

View the full article

um yeah, if I had 15k it would be to buy a new car not this ..*lol* Then I would sell my current car to buy a new computer ...

Not even if I won the lottery.....

I do not know a single person--even amongst my tech savy friends--who would be impressed if they saw this monster on my desk. For that money, the family can go visit the wife's homeland and I would still have enough left over to build a Sacred 2 worthy system.

I just did a quick test and a new pc with everything I want in it (everything I remember atm that is :D) will cost about 35k Norwegian kroner (just over 5k US)

so that price is def a pc and a holiday :heart:

Yeah and a case that's absolutely hideous. :heart:

At least they could've made it to look like this to make it look awesome

(still ugly, but a bit more awesome to me).

Edited by Timotheus

In regards to cool cases, I think Alienware surpasses these, or one of the pretty cases you buy yourself ^^

Like others have said, I wouldn't buy this, unless I had a LOT of money, talking a few million, if I did, I would :heart:

:D

~Doom