I would like to translate SacredWiki into Hungarian

I'd like to speak to the admin, because I intend to translate all on SacredWiki Sacred 2 Section into Hungarian, for my nation. Just tell me whether it is possible, and whom I have to ask. I know, I know, you don't really understand: "Why Hungarian?" Actually, there are many fans here as well, and I would like to help them delve in the joys of Sacred 2, too. Thank you, in advance.

Thank you, but it doesn't mention a single thing about Hungarian Community. So I'd like to have the permission written here, that I can translate SacredWiki this way: I would put a HU after the English explanation then write it in Hungarian. I hope it's not a problem, and SacredWiki can handle it.

Szia Balázs! :D

First I'd like to welcome you in our (crazy) but very snug home :D

I can only say that I'd love if we had wiki in hungarian too! :( would be wonderful, so I wish you luck! Hope you'll manage to do it, and thanks in the name of all hungarian fans! :P

:4rofl:

Edited by tomi

Hiya Balashka and well met my friend. Welcome to DarkMatters. :4rofl:

That's an interesting project and we've been asked by other language communities about this as Patroclo has pointed out. (Hi Patroclo! :P ) I can't give you an answer right away though. gogoblender and I will need to talk about this and see if it is possible.

We'll get back to you as soon as we can!

I am honored, that an administrator heeded my call. I think it wouldn't be a problem, but first things first:

If you do not allow me to have a section in SacredWiki, well, at least teach me how to make a brother-in-law site in wiki-style. That would be separate from the Sacred 2. As far as I saw, you have plenty of space on the top of the SacredWiki page, so I could manage that.

Welcome to DarkMatters Balashka. The idea of creating a Hungarian translation for Sacredwiki is superb. More than anything, it's getting the information out to as many people out as possible that we'd want to have. We're just discussing how we think this can be formatted and will have an answer for you as quickly as we can figure out how it can work.

Thank you for this offer!

:P

gogo

Welcome to DarkMatters Balashka. The idea of creating a Hungarian translation for Sacredwiki is superb. More than anything, it's getting the information out to as many people out as possible that we'd want to have. We're just discussing how we think this can be formatted and will have an answer for you as quickly as we can figure out how it can work.

Thank you for this offer!

:heart:

gogo

Sacred2_FallenAngel_Inquisitor_render.jpg

That's the picture I could use for my section, and it could be located in the centre of SacredWiki's top already two sections called Sacred Underworld and Sacred 2 Fallen Angel. It could be called: Hunbaal's Sacred 2 Fallen Angel and I would like to ask you pretty please to make it as stylish, as the other two. Thank you in advance.

Would it be possible to have a language selector on the top of the wiki site? Then you select whatever language you prefer & it takes you to the translation of the page you want to go to (or the English one by default if the translation doesn't exist).

'Cause that sounds like it would be really easy to do. *cough*

Haha. Indeed it would be Llama. gogo and I are thinking of doing exactly that. We could do it via little image flags are by text.

It's looking like a good possibility Balashka. :) Yesterday I installed a modification for SacredWiki to allow for some language features with regards to linking pages to their respective alternative language versions. It's not fully functional yet but I think it is going to work perfectly.

As for the design request you made I'm afraid that won't be a possibility. We're going to keep SacredWiki's design relatively unchanged even for other language pages since we'll be using the same database and wiki install for any and all languages. If we were to install a separate wiki using a separate database then I wouldn't mind allowing unique design but I'm afraid we don't have the resources for that. Some minor design changes will be a possibility in time but for now if you are interested in helping out the Hungarian community then it will have to come in the form of translated content for now. So design and layout should remain the same.

I'll be working hard on getting the new language feature in working order and as soon as it's ready I'll explain how it will work. :)