Can spells be converted to other damage types via socketed transmuter?

I'm curious about this. We all do it with the weapons...but how about spells. Are we able to effect any sort of element damage change to spells or Combat Arts that look/act like spells via a damage transmuter? And how would we go about doing this...via the weapon that we have in hand when we are casting the spell?

:P

gogo

Interesting. So it looks like, as with in original Sacred, a class's elemental damage via CA are determined by native Combat Arts ^^ I think I may collect and document all this... the table could be pretty interesting to see what toons have great base elemental damage v.s. creatures ^^

gogo

Interesting. So it looks like, as with in original Sacred, a class's elemental damage via CA are determined by native Combat Arts ^^ I think I may collect and document all this... the table could be pretty interesting to see what toons have great base elemental damage v.s. creatures ^^

gogo

Physical CAs might vary with weapon damage. If you have 40% phys-to-magic conversion for example, the CA *might* be 40% magic as well. I can't confirm this now though. Magical CAs wouldn't since they don't rely on the converter thing.

Ancestral Fireball would remain the element it is, entirely. Not caring about weapon conversions, for example. Not that it does any good to socket those to a High Elf...they tend to do poorly in melee.

Edited by Little Sara
It's a display bug Gogo, weapon-based CAs do take advantage of the damage conversion (since they take the damage from the weapon), but spells don't.

Sweet. I thought so ^^ lol, it would have been kind of weird to have had a fire pyromancer firing off ice spells :( Now more than ever I want to table native CA elements.

:D

gogo

It's a display bug Gogo, weapon-based CAs do take advantage of the damage conversion (since they take the damage from the weapon), but spells don't.

yea, but pretty irrtating... my fireball en BT now look like I'm going to freeze the enemy mobs... or at least in the stats...