Brink of Destiny and Destruction

As she was standing at the doorway leading to the great machine, she paused for awhile, recollecting the experiences of her twin sister who met her grisly end at the hand of the final guardian no more than 18 hours ago.. An overwhelming sensation of fear grasped her, and she shuddered, then took a step back..

(Since I swore revenge on those machines after I lost my level 34 HC seraphim to them yesterday, I'm kinda nervous to go at it again, and this time 4 levels lower :()

She reviewed her gear, her abilities, and satisfied that her power surpasses the ones of her sister, she bravely steps forward...

<<To be continued>>

Firmly thumping her staff in the ground, the final strike of lightning sinks into the hull of the guardian.. The first one is down. S far, so good.. Pillaging through the remains, she finds a couple of rings, a sword, and some gold... What use does machines have with gold, she doesn't understand, but takes it nevertheless..

Guardian #2 awaits in the eastern part of the circular room..

<<To be continued>>

As the echoes of her war cries fade into the dark, the second guardian is lying motionless on the ground, sparks bringing brief light, only to fade into shadows again.. Pillaging the machine carcass yields more gold, a pair of gloves, and some polearms. She notes one of them are very shiny, and must be worth alot.

She wipes sweat from her forehead, and slowly walks toward the western end of the room.. Halfway to fulfilling her wow of revenge, she feels tension clumping together her throat making it harder to breathe...

<<To be continued>>

With a loud sound of metal versus metal, the machine monstrosity falls to the floor, defeated.. She breathes heavily while picking up some more gold, amulets, and rings, and the turns her gaze south..

The energy shield surrounding the final, and worst guardian is dissipating. It starts to move. She wants to turn back and run, what if she dies? Taking a step back she grabs the necklace her sister gave her when they were young, and clenches it tighly, remembering the good moments of their life together.

She feels a surge of determination from her legs, and arms, moving upwards. She has to go on. For her sister. For the world..

<<To be continued>>

Bravo Alex, great story!

You've summed up almost entirely what a lot of HC feels like... Nerves of Jelly! I've so often been terrified to go into areas that have wiped out an earlier toon...but your story made me revisit those feelings...for better or worse! :(

Onwards brave heroe!

:D

gogo

Rushing the last monstrosity, screaming her lungs out while launching her bolts of wrath, she quickly realized there was a very good reason why her sister died so suddenly as she got slammed in the side by its arm or whatever, which threw her over half the room, landing her headfirst onto the hard, metallic floor.

Pushing aside the feeling of panic, she remembers that her bolts of lightning also slows their targets, and get the idea of shooting the machine, running, shooting and so forth. The timing had to be perfect though as it still moved at an incredible speed.

After what seemed an eternity of running and shooting, with the occasional close call, the huge machine finally tumbled, making a metallic roar that seared through the bones, and came crashing down making the whole room shake..

It was finally dead.. Her sister was avenged, and the world saved..

Abit dissapointed with the loot, he stood up, went to the fridge, got a beer, opened it and smiled.. Finally I did it.. Now I'm Alex the happy camper again x)

Just reward!

:)

gogo

p.s. question..you say this toon was same class but better built? Can you tell us how?

Well, I'm still working on perfecting my pure magic seraphim :D

After playing with you I realized MP game play is too fast paced to have my main attacks on a 15sec cooldown. I was pretty satisfied with the play of Chrysie (which was the one you played with) Until I played with you and figured that out :) So I made Chryssie two days ago, and was very satisfied with her until I discovered she lacked defensive capabilities yesterday when she died hehe..

So after a few minor adjustments this is what I came up with :)

Chrysness lvl31 Pure Magic seraphim

chrysnessxe5.th.jpg

Using Pillar and Nova as main attacks (4sec CD for spam-ness :()

Using Lightning Strike as a heavy hitter (7sec CD now, but getting it up to 10) and spamming Wrath when strikes on CD.. I use this against champions and bosses..

I have a few +3 all skills rings socketed, a couple of +magic/physical damage rings, and +all skills amulet..

All my gear have sockets, and 3 pieces have 2.. So I've socketed 4 sockets with +armor/defense, and the rest with +regen/crit..

The rest you can see on the picture..

What this sums up to, is a seraphim that uses her pure magic goodness to waste hordes of mobs within seconds, beeing mobile all the time due to low Area of Effect CD, and killing champs in 2secs, and bosses within 10-20 seconds.. (This was on bronze however, though I suspect the build will work nicely in higher difficulties aswell) :D

EDIT: Been around Silver with this one now, and she does handle quite well :)

Edited by Xodusness

Revenge! :) Tastes like a beer. :)

Great story Xodusness. I practically burst out laughing when I got to the part of the final boss. Imagining you at your pc shrieking a war cry, lol. :) I can totally relate to that feeling of panic that sets in when engaging an enemy that's just a liiitle bit stronger than planned for. *read as OMG a lot!* Glad to read that you came out on top. Unfortunate about the drops but hey, you got yer rewenge. :)

She sounds like she's build material to be sure. Inquiring minds want to know the details. Mods, skill picks, cup size... Oops! :D

Great story Xodusness. I practically burst out laughing when I got to the part of the final boss. Imagining you at your pc shrieking a war cry, lol. :) I can totally relate to that feeling of panic that sets in when engaging an enemy that's just a liiitle bit stronger than planned for. *read as OMG a lot!* Glad to read that you came out on top. Unfortunate about the drops but hey, you got yer rewenge. :)

She sounds like she's build material to be sure. Inquiring minds want to know the details. Mods, skill picks, cup size... Oops! :D

Giles the Librarian is a baaaad influence.

omg rofl! I love that dude. He is totally THE best character in Sacred 2. Hahaha. I was actually going to make a post about him. And now I'm going to... :)

omg rofl! I love that dude. He is totally THE best character in Sacred 2. Hahaha. I was actually going to make a post about him. And now I'm going to... :)

While testing his dialogue on the PC version, I know it was bugged as "too sexual" by someone else, but it was left as is anyways.

After speaking to Giles, my Seraphim to say: "However did you get this position!?"

After speaking to Giles the second time: "You seem fixated. A cold shower might help, or so I was told." (or something close)

Indeed, I practically laughed my ass off the first time I talked to him... Ass. s. s. stral projections.. Scented candles, baby oils hahaha :)

Skill picks: Celestial magic lore & Focus, Revered technology focus (Gonna get lore skills to 200, focus to 75)

Concentration, (leaving at level 1 and boosting it with +all skills jewely socketing)

Riding (level 5)

Armor Lore (lvl5, but getting it to 75)

Toughness (lvl1, but getting it to 75)

As for the last two, on this character I will take bargaining and Perception since this char will be my first one to 200 (hehe) and will support my future characters with loot and money :-)

If I make another pure magic seraphim later, I'll take warding energy lore and Constitution instead =)

As for mods, I make pillar attract, increase range, and increase overall damage..

Lightning strike slos target, chance to DoT, and always chance to DoT (bosskiller)

Cleansing brilliance will slow enemies atack speed, do more damage against t-energy beings, and increase Area of Effect

Flaring Nova will do double blast, stun, and increase damage

Archangels wrath will fire two bolts, seek targets, and dont remember last one :P

Warding energy will boost max energy, boost max energy, and lessen cost to maintain shield =)

This is it, the result of two months of trying to perfect her :P

Edited by Xodusness