Tactics Lore only affects critical on normal left click attacks?

This is the first time I've heard of this and I wanted to bounce it off you guys. I first read it here:

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...ead.php?t=52720

What do you guys think. Anyone tested this or know more?

Thanks!

:)

gogo

As far as I know yes. But the reason to take Tactics Lore is the +% damage isn't it? I don't really care for +16% crit (at 200) when I can get +377% dmg. Equipment can easily give you more than 16% crit on a single piece if you're lucky. I've yet to see "Damage: +377%" on any however.

This is the first time I've heard of this and I wanted to bounce it off you guys. I first read it here:

Thanks!

gogo

As far as I know yes. But the reason to take Tactics Lore is the +% damage isn't it? I don't really care for +16% crit (at 200) when I can get +377% dmg. Equipment can easily give you more than 16% crit on a single piece if you're lucky. I've yet to see "Damage: +377%" on any however.

Ehrm...?

that 16% crit easily goes to 20%

and with gear and some usefull modifications... you'll sit with 35-40ish boosted from Combat Arts and items

And I have to admit that 60% crit feels alot better than 40% :)

But offcourse! Tactics Lore does mainly concern damage yes, but crit is important. mighty important :)

Especially if you're using Death Blow aswell :)

Thanks!

gogo

Ehrm...?

that 16% crit easily goes to 20%

and with gear and some usefull modifications... you'll sit with 35-40ish boosted from Combat Arts and items

And I have to admit that 60% crit feels alot better than 40% :)

But offcourse! Tactics Lore does mainly concern damage yes, but crit is important. mighty important :)

Especially if you're using Death Blow aswell :)

Well, with my level 58 melee Seraphim who's in Gold in Jungle, and sorta stuck (can't pass Kral, who kills me), Damage is a lot more important than Critical.

Having 90% Chance to hit (versus enemies having 40%-ish) is what keeps me alive. Bosses have near-equal chance to hit as well...Kral just shoots for more than my HP's worth in one hit...doesn't help that Kral is level 65 and that I need to do it solo only.

Attack is roughly 1100-1500 on my part. Killing enemies (who are always significantly above than me) in a couple of hits. I still have well over 100 Light Health Potions left from Bronze and early Silver (and times more than that of Health Potions, I just use the weaker ones), while my friend Shadow Warrior has used up all his Light Health and all his Health Potions.

Edited by Little Sara

I would have thought that criticals on weapon-based CAs such as Dedicated Blow, Pelting Strikes, & so on would be based on Tactics (& mods), since it's the Lore that gives you crits on CAs & Tactics Lore is the Lore for weapon-based CAs.

I would have thought that criticals on weapon-based CAs such as Dedicated Blow, Pelting Strikes, & so on would be based on Tactics (& mods), since it's the Lore that gives you crits on CAs & Tactics Lore is the Lore for weapon-based CAs.

If I'm not mistaken, Dual Wield (or other weapon skills) ALSO give modification points for Exalted Warrior, acting as Exalted Warrior Lore as well. It might even be all offensive skills, but that I doubt.

If I'm not mistaken, Dual Wield (or other weapon skills) ALSO give modification points for Exalted Warrior, acting as Exalted Warrior Lore as well. It might even be all offensive skills, but that I doubt.

I'm afraid that's not the case. If you're curious you can look at the aspect to see what skills that modify it :)

As Put says, the various melee/weapon-based aspects use Tactics Lore as their Lore & the relevant Focus.

I think one or two classes (Shadow Warrior for sure) have 2 offensive skills "acting as Lore" for one aspect.

Lets get to the real basics here :)

If an aspect has two skills.. Lets say Nature Weaver Focus and Nature Weaver Lore. Then that aspect cannot have more than two boosters

and if you see it from a static (Physical (Melee/ranged) damage view) it's still the same. And I'm sure you've noticed that those skills only have a Focus. Not a Lore :P That's because Tactics Lore boosts your Basic (Non Magical) Combat Arts and Normal Attacks.

Take f.example. your seraphim.

Ever wondered why she does not have Exalted Warrior Lore? It's Because Tactics Lore is like the überlore. and a must to take for ANY melee/ranged character

;D

Lets get to the real basics here :lol:

If an aspect has two skills.. Lets say Nature Weaver Focus and Nature Weaver Lore. Then that aspect cannot have more than two boosters

and if you see it from a static (Physical (Melee/ranged) damage view) it's still the same. And I'm sure you've noticed that those skills only have a Focus. Not a Lore :D That's because Tactics Lore boosts your Basic (Non Magical) Combat Arts and Normal Attacks.

Take f.example. your seraphim.

Ever wondered why she does not have Exalted Warrior Lore? It's Because Tactics Lore is like the überlore. and a must to take for ANY melee/ranged character

;D

Shadow Warrior lacks Malevolent Champion Lore AND Death Warrior Lore. So TWO offensive skills replace them. One doesn't give points to both aspects (for modifications). One is no doubt Tactics Lore. If I'm not mistaken, the other is Speed Lore.

Although he's the only character who works that way. All other characters (save High Elf) have 2 Lore skills in the Combat Art Aspect section. High Elf has 3 Lores and 3 Focus, since none are physical.

Edited by Little Sara

Back to the original topic...melee and ranged combat arts have their raw damage output augmented by Tactics Lore, since Tactics Lore is directly augmenting you base weapon damage and potential. I can confirm that secondary statis attacks (I.e. Burning from a flaming sword) do infact land and tack effect in combat arts and combos..simply because your weapon a chance to land it. I think the Tactics lore critical hit bonus translates into combat arts and combos too. Just as Torrent states in his reply.

Edited by Cygnus
Shadow Warrior lacks Malevolent Champion Lore AND Death Warrior Lore. So TWO offensive skills replace them. One doesn't give points to both aspects (for modifications). One is no doubt Tactics Lore. If I'm not mistaken, the other is Speed Lore.

Tactics Lore will give you mod points in both Malevolent Champion & Death Warrior aspects.

I'm happy anyway... Dryads are unique with their ranged attacks. They can run their left click AND right click simulataneously and to great effect. The CA is like a pulse that runs alongside the constant left click darts that are flying ^^

However Tactical Lore is giving critical...I'm definitely getting some of it

gogo