Sacred 2 - Detrimental effects

Here I'll try to gather some info about the detrimental effects, at least what I think are detrimental effects. More testing still needs to be done.

weaken.jpg

Most curse effects can be identified by the cloud of small coloured particles that hover around character's head.

Weaken

Weaken reduces all character's stats (Strength etc) by about 20% for a few seconds. Uses the common curse animation (pic above).

Freeze

Freeze uses the same curse animation (except on NPCs, who get the blue-colored poison animation instead). Freeze effect behaves in a strange way. It doesn't actually freeze anything solid, but rather slows the target (affects Run Speed, not Attack Speed). There seem to be two types of this effect.

In melee it seems to apply a 20% slow (unaffected by armor), for a duration of about 9 seconds. This slow effect stacks somewhat strangely with Run Speed bonus, it's not added directly.

In a ranged attack it somehow applies a 33,4 slow effect (percentage affected by armor), for a small duration of about half a second. This stacks with the melee slow, for a total of 42,9% slow effect (but switches to the 20% after about half a second).

I tested it on the Ice elementals from the Seraphim Island. Monster/character/damage levels might be affecting it as well.

Opponent's Defense Value -%

This effect is sometimes found on rings. It also has the usual curse animation. It is only applied after a successful hit (but it always works), even though the tooltip doesn't say so.

Opponent's Armor: Physical -%

This applies a non-cumulative effect that reduces opponents physical armor by the shown percentage. It is only applied after a successful hit, has the usual curse animation and lasts for 30 seconds (Long Debuff). It usually spawns on hafted weapons and two-handed swords (requires Sword Mastery skill to be unlocked).

Edited by Antitrust

Again, excellent reference info. The pic you took of the toon's head with weaken is particularly good ^^ Trust, is it just toons that get affected by weaken? Or are there mods via items that will allow us to use it on enemies as well?

:P

gogo

Again, excellent reference info. The pic you took of the toon's head with weaken is particularlyl good ^^ Trust, is it just toons that get affected by weaken? Or are there mods via items that will allow us to use it on enemies as well?

:P

gogo

Weaken is the effect of Magic-type damage.

My Seraphim has one sword 28% converts to Magic and one sword 28% converts to Fire, resulting in ~8% chance to Weaken and ~8% chance to Burn

Yes, we should be able to use these effects on enemies, though there is no easy way to test it.

The effects I'm trying to cover here are Weaken (magic damage, T-mutant creatures and stuff), Freeze (ice damage), Wound (physical damage by itself or specific creature abilities, still not sure about it), Stun etc. There are also poison/burn, but I can't get more than screenshots of them :P

There might be other effects as well, but I can't think of any right now...

You done it again trust. :P

Having a reference of detrimental effects would be of great value. Do the detriments appear in the Bonus overview window somehow? Or does it change your stats in the Inventory window displayed stats? Screenshots of the changes and making a comparison of them might go nicely with your written content. :)

They appear on the stats they affect, so you need to look for them :P

Weaken shows in the skill window, Freeze shows in the inventory overview tooltip (where survival bonus is located) as a reduced Run Speed.

Here are the weakened stats, though I don't see any point in adding them to the other stuff :)

weaken2.jpgweaken1.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...