Warhammer Dawn of War 2

I played the first game a lot with my friends back in 2006.

I really look forward to get this on the release (which is in two weeks :D)

I just hope my laptop will run it fine, since it has the same requirements than Sacred 2.

Max

• 3 weeks later...

Mwahahahhahahahaha, that was an amusing vid. :)

I assume that the "this planet is their's" is referring to Tyrannids?

I've been reading the Horus Heresy books recently, so I'm kinda in the mood for a bit o hot Space Marine action.

I assume that the "this planet is their's" is referring to Tyrannids?

You are correct they will play the big bad guys in the second part of the game. I saw some nice videos of game play with them they look very cool.

Horus Heresy. Those where the books that talk about the space marine split and the birth of the Chaos Marines right?

Based on a friend who's in the MP Beta... there's 4 races:

Space Marines

Eldar

Orks

Tyranids

And the changes in playstyle basically send more of the focus to the front and smaller squad based combat... cover is actually used to a larger degree, although any mech can walk through it. Fewer buildings at your base, you just capture power and requisition points, then use them to fund your army... of course you have to protect those points at the same time.

Eh eh, first time I saw this vid, back in august, I almost fell of the chair 'cause I clearly heard the Force Commander say: This planet is ours, b***h!

Sigh... I'm a long time fan of both Sacred and Dawn of War, and I have long awaited for the sequels to these gamesto come to life... only to find that none of my PCs is powerful enough to run neither one nor the other... :)

From what I have seen/heard DoW 2 is quite unlike the first installment of the series and its expansions, no base building (at least in sp), no reinforcements, more rpgish style including choosing the best equipment for every mission, etc. etc. It's going to be fun. :P

Zen

[ot]

Oh, and the Dreadnought seen in the vid is just pure win, if a little obvious...

Dreaddy: I HAVE COME TO DESTROY YOU! :gun2:

Banshee #1: Aww man, I thought you were going to ask me out... :(

Banshee #2: And I thought we were going to play chess? :)

Dreaddy: ... :P

[/ot]

Zen