Dedicated Blow mechanics and mod question for a ranged TG

Von Bek

I'm making a TG that uses a hand gun as his primary weapon and am using Dedicated blow as a CA. Now, it says that in "normal, close range combat" this CA helps hit chance. I've seen on the forums that it doesn't say this and am wondering if it's a messed up tool-tip. I'm also wondering if the mod Confident (chance for no miss) applies to a ranged weapon and if it only has the chance if you activate the CA and do not just have it in your active, right-click position. If the former is true, I may just take it, if the latter is true, I'd want it to apply to ranged weapons, too. I've tested using the CA without activating it and it APPEARS to hit more often, but it could just be that I'm noticing it more. Helps me guys, you're the only ones who can!

I'm making a TG that uses a hand gun as his primary weapon and am using Dedicated blow as a CA. Now, it says that in "normal, close range combat" this CA helps hit chance. I've seen on the forums that it doesn't say this and am wondering if it's a messed up tool-tip.

No, there's a passive bonus for Dedicated Blow (when it's in the active slot but not being used) that gives you a chance to hit, but because it's "just" a chance to hit & not a chance for a double hit (like the passive bonus for Battle Extension) which is far mour obvious, it's difficult to see exactly how much use this passive effect is.

I'm also wondering if the mod Confident (chance for no miss) applies to a ranged weapon and if it only has the chance if you activate the CA and do not just have it in your active, right-click position. If the former is true, I may just take it, if the latter is true, I'd want it to apply to ranged weapons, too. I've tested using the CA without activating it and it APPEARS to hit more often, but it could just be that I'm noticing it more. Helps me guys, you're the only ones who can!

I'm not sure if the passive also effects ranged weapons (given that Battle Extension's passive doesn't, I'm inclined to think that Dedicated Blow's doesn't either, but I could be wrong), I doubt that that mod would affect the passive bonus.

Ultimately, I don't know...

So, should I just avoid that mod altogether? I think the other is an increase to crits, which isn't bad; seeing as how I use Lost Fusion in conjunction with this. I have things that will hit. . . always. . . :)

Well, I personally would go for the +chance to hit mod on DB as you're not going to get much +% attack from Battle Aura since you're using a gun. I hate a high damage hit to miss & you can get a nice high crit chance with a maxxed Tactics Lore (+ whatever you get on items).