About instant deaths

hello hello, wello wello, dudes

I lost it yesterday, completely..had to cool it with beer.

89% SB bonus, whoosh, away..why? not a bug but THE bug...Garganthopod (skorpion boss at desert)

Just after it conjures those 2 lil T-energy skorpions I drop dead no time to drink anything, penalties from potions kicking in,... OF COURSE I killed it when I ran back to kick some a%& from resurrection place. SB was 0% = no challenge.

Is this instant death regular with this boss? I had full 3 slots best poison relics I had found...but I though later maybe I should have been using magic relics...those conjured things WAS T-energy mutants.

Good thing is at previous SB 89% desert was full of yellow bellies, and some greenies, no reddies and that means SB didn´t effect much anymore...maaybe lil bit more greenies now.

Maybe I should have ran away when it conjured those mutants and killed them away from boss? THOSE was reddies so they must have given a good punch on me.

I agree My TG has been sh%& (= died MANY times) against bosses earlier (White Griffon, ALL bosses in x-mas isle, Banshee almost killed TG but managed to inflict enough damage so it was worth to use health potions + no resurrection place near)

well, no time to raise SB now, game is left about 1/3...If my estimation, based on looking at map, is right.

Edited by sydetys

Sorry for your loss, man... From all I read, there seems no conceivable reason to account for that death. I'm sure you were using T-shroud, which makes a nice total of HP + Energy that regenerates in combat (at level 40 I'm over 5k hp+shroud combined). This cannot be reduced to 0 in just seconds unless the boss did some kind of godly attack.

I was lil bit excited ´cos what I have heard about that boss, I knew it was possibility but those instant deaths was at platinum or niobium so I thought can´t happen on Silver..

Next time I´ll be ready to run as soon as those nasty mutants appears..

T-energy Shroud on the other hand...I have no focus skill for that CA realm so it is at level 6 and Wardin Energy Lore is at level 12. shield is about 2930..it will be taken down

quickly even by huge skorpion champion (Green one at level 72 at the moment).

BTW I am curious: What´s people´s opinion about green potions? I think those are useless and health potion is enough..besides all posoning enemies does rather low poison damage ( estimated from that damage bar representation).

Also I never use yello potions...hell at the middle of battle I forget all but health potion..even mentor...I used it after killing one dragon but usually I forget it too.

I remember at S1 At 2nd run I used mentors a lot with crowds and all and lvls were rocketing...but if I remember right there was no caps like on Sacred 2..or I never hacked so much

Dang sorry to hear about the loss sydetys ;) Was the character hc or sc? If yer playing in HC servers I can help set your new toon up with runes and gold.

Don't give up, and come back stronger!

:)

gogo

p.s. I never use any potions other than red or blue. I usually just sell 'em as fast as I collect 'em

It was softcore char and single player campaing so no loss on that department....SB has strangely rocketed to 50% at low amount of time...must be that I don´t bother to kill all those scarabs around desert...but if they block my movement I Whack them all.

With that build it would be insane to go HC...I have became to conclusion that protection is more important in this game than attack.

I have left armor skill to level 27, only toughness is at about level 40 which is enough for rest of the game. Tactics is at 55 and stays there to rest of game, hafted will be mastered, damage Lore is at level 33, it´s adjusted so that I can weaken enemies with propability 53% ( I have other bonuses too to that than this skill), SO damage this dude delivers should be ok.

Next thing is protection: Armor + Wardin energy Lore

I think that on Silver there is possibility to not get higher than level 100 so I can master only one skill. I don´t even TRY to master 2nd skill but by accident.