Sacred 2 - Character Planning Aid

I often have a fair bit of free time during the week so I decided yesterday to begin writing a Character Planner, primarily for the use of myself and my wife. In the abscence of any kind of Planner being available yet it occured to me it might be worth sharing what I have with you all. Still collecting data from wherever I can find it.

I originally posted this download link at the Official Sacred 2 Forum but my thread was deleted ... I'm afraid I've had to remove your character planner thread, as we do not generally allow links to 3rd party tools to be posted on this forum ... it was/is just a spreadsheet so I hope it is OK to post this here, apologies in advance is I am breaking any rules here I couldn't find anything saying "no" in the Forum rules :)

10th Feb

Excel Spreadsheet with Attributes up to character level 200 and data for Skills up to 200 points. Easy to navigate and something which will at least be of some help to you I hope. Please read the notes at he bottom of the first TAB. When the Planner is further along I will upload it in a different format so you won't need MS Office to read it.

- Andrew

CharacterPlanner.zip

No problem with this post gordius. And welcome to DarkMatters. The idea of a planner is interesting. I know that a lot of peeps like to play their games this way, and it will definitely have utility if it is indeed at all possible. I've always thought that since there are so many different variables involved in almost every part of this game, even knowing the formulaes for any one solve would not be very easy to use for most peeps. I mean, lol, imagine a formulae comprised of six or seven functions and having a player have to put in all that work across a number of variables.

A calculator though...now that would change everything. Rather than having to have a player look at a formulae and then to do it himself, if this could be done automatically, then for the first time ever in all of the history of Sacreddom we'd actually have a tool of this sort. I know that it's been tried since Sacred Original, but noone has so far managed to make one that was of any use, since the secret recipes were never cracked.

Good luck, and keep us informed as to how it goes.

Cheers!

:P

gogo

No problem with this post gordius. And welcome to DarkMatters. The idea of a planner is interesting. I know that a lot of peeps like to play their games this way, and it will definitely have utility if it is indeed at all possible. I've always thought that since there are so many different variables involved in almost every part of this game, even knowing the formulaes for any one solve would not be very easy to use for most peeps. I mean, lol, imagine a formulae comprised of six or seven functions and having a player have to put in all that work across a number of variables.

A calculator though...now that would change everything. Rather than having to have a player look at a formulae and then to do it himself, if this could be done automatically, then for the first time ever in all of the history of Sacreddom we'd actually have a tool of this sort. I know that it's been tried since Sacred Original, but noone has so far managed to make one that was of any use, since the secret recipes were never cracked.

Good luck, and keep us informed as to how it goes.

Cheers!

:P

gogo

The truth is my reasons for beginning this thing are purely selfish. I play some closednet but mostly LAN with my wife. She is one those people happy to ask questions but not to spend time reading Sacredwiki or the Official Forums. So, my thoughts were gather together anything I can find regarding skills so she can read it in one place instead of asking me. Now I have been bitten by the bug and want to understand some things better, if what I find out is of interest to anyone else that's great.

Builds. That is one thing we like about Sacred 2. In our opinion so many variables make an exact build pretty much impossible. After many years playing Diablo 2 it is a relief to be escaping Fishymancers, Hammerdins, etc. We would like a Calculator though.

The truth is my reasons for beginning this thing are purely selfish.

I can't think of a better reason for doing anything ;). Stuff that's done cuz it's coming from inside is the best encouragement possible. It sounds like you've got great reason to research and build this tool.

If you need hosting space for your tool, as we've offered to everyone else that has come up with great aids for the community, we'd be honored to find a way to make this happen for you on the wiki or on this site.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

A little bit of help would be useful from any SOFTCORE SP or LAN characters, nothing wrong with multiplayer data except that I need the data with zero survival bonus. I am collecting a lot of data every day, some of it I am using to create formulae, some just to get data and some to verify what I already believe to be true. I have a few Seraphims so I have been working exclusively with them so far although it is obvious that a lot of formulae etc apply to all character types.

Most importantly, before doing anything else back up your saved games because you are about to lose your survival bonus!

1 - strip your character naked, including relics and weapons. Make sure all buffs are OFF.

2 - write down all data you can find about your character, to give you an idea of what I mean see the partial list from my data collection spreadsheet below for the Seraphim (please include chance of finding better items).

3 - Teleport to anywhere, find some strong beasties and die.

4 - When you ressurect write down all of the data again. You will see the differences the survival bonus makes.

5- Send all of your data to me via the Forum Mesaging system or email to 28016andrew@gmail.com Better not to post it in the Forum I think 'cos I forsee too many very long postings but I would happily bring all the data I am sent and share it with anyone who wants it, of course.

Example of the kind of data I would hope to receive:

Character Type

Character Level

Hitpoints

Hitpoint Regeneration

Energy Shield

Shield Regeneration

Collateral Damage

Resurrections

Survival bonus

Solved Quests

Map Revealed

Run Speed

Attack

Defence

Attack Speed

Total Damage

Physical Damage

Strength

Attack Value

Weapon Damage

Stamina

CA Regen

Vitality

Hitpoints

Hitpoint Regeneration

Dexterity

Attack Value

Defense Value

Intelligence

CA Damage

Spell Intensity

Willpower

Spell Resistance

Lastly list your Skills and their values so I can get back to the raw attribute data.

HARDCORE characters and closednet Characters. For goodness sake don't commit suicide but the same data, even though it would include the Survival Bonus, would be equally as useful. I prefer a zero bonus only because it makes my job a bit easier. I am documenting exactly what the survival bonus gives as far as is possible but right now I really just need the data to get the calculator finished as quickly as possible and I cannot include such a bonus in my figures obviously.

Thanks in anticipation. I don't have a problem doing this myself it is just that it takes such a long to do it everytime I level up. It's a longer story than this but I will spare you the longer post I just abandoned which explained all of the whys and wherefores :devil:

Note that for the time being the calculator includes nothing about CAs. Maybe one day it will but I am sure you appreciate that the number of variables which affects each one is very high and my guesss is pretty much impossible to figure out ... unless you have any good ideas to help of course :)

Edited by Gordius
  • 7 months later...