Can we create a Run Speed Slot for unmounted characters in S2?

I'm not sure we can.

I've actually seen an item (that my toon just picked up and which I will test with soon) that increases run speed. Forgot to check to see if it works on while mounted as well, but it says +27 % to run speed...I'll get back to you on this.

I've been wondering why the game doesn't allow socketables with increase to run speeds, and I'm thinking now that it's because they have a skill that does this. While talking to some of the guys here we were thinking that if we could have a run speed slot like in Sacred, it would be very useful at high levels. We could then just forget the unique mount and stay on foot all the time (works well for a dryad) while using the run speed boost from a slot to help us whiz. HOwever, after a lot of shopping two days ago, I'm fairly certain there is no socketables for run speed, and that the reason the devs created the skill is to ensure value from using a mount at higher levels.

:P

gogo

Cool!

Okay I'm on a mission. Hey Trust, if you see any more of those can you keep 'em :P

Yeah I kinda like mounts...but lately I've been finding that nothing is getting close to me...and when I'm unmounted my Attack speed is so much faster. If I can trade out the mount's hp (which I dont really need since this toon doesn't do bosses, only mobs) while retaining the mobility...I'll actually come ahead with more damage, and not have to use experience rings at least until niob maybe.

:)

gogo

Antitrust is right :) A lot of items actually increase running speed (boots, pantaloons, rings, amulets, I saw once run speed on wings), as well as some buffs - check out my HE - she boasts some 137% run speed at level 65 without speed lore. Why would I need a mount :P And since rings and amulets get sort of scrambled modifiers, why not do a shopping spree for some +allskills/+ run speed stuff?

Now where's me bag of gold?

I have tons of Gold...Dobri, are you playing HC?

If you get socketables, can you get some for me?

Not really interested in getting armor with this mod...I want to have my same armor...just wanna switch to a speed slot like I did in Sacred 1

:P

gogo

I will play HC, and I will play online - as soon as ascaron has done messing up with the game and as soon as I prove that a HC HE build is possible over level 150. The trial of fire is still taking place in SC SP. Hopefully by the time I'm done, Ascaron will have the next patch released, and it will fix all the bugs 2.34 didn't.

As for the run speed stuff... I'd have to say that's a good ring for a pyro elf, ya? :P

ringlk0.jpg

w337.png

Edited by Dobri

I'll see what I can do. I must be honest here - I'm yet to get my original game, although I'm pretty much searching under every nook and cranny for one. Can you imagine that NO GAME STORE in the SECOND LARGEST city in Bulgaria (by final estimates in 2008) doesn't have Sacred 2 original? I was thinking about ordering it online, but there are no people around me that have credit cards (and mine aren't)... I'll have to find a way to lay my hands on one. As soon as I had, I'm going online.

In cases like this, I wonder why do software companies complain about piracy. It is a simple case of supply and demand. Now would ascaron care to ship a few games my way? :P

Heck, I loved sacred till the first ever version of the game came out...

Edited by Dobri

I've picked up a few Ring of the Winds when messing around with the balance.txt file.* Unique rings that give bonuses to attack and run speed.

Obviously not highly beneficial to multiplayer games where you can't edit balance.txt, just saying that there are rings out there. The ones I found were level 6 and level 24, but don't remember the exact number of the bonus offhand.

* side note: Editing balance.txt file for lots of rare drops makes the game very boring. Just in case anyone was wondering. I've reverted those changes.