Sacred 2 - Online Chat

It's been a while but I used to pretty much live on IRC. I was wandering if anyone here meets up on IRC from time to time. If not, and you would like to give it a try I have lots of experience working as a Moderator so would be happy to open a channel somewhere. Let me know.

Edited by gogoblender

We've tried a few times to get one going, Andrew, but with all the work I seem to get sucked into with a busy forum, wiki and play time, lol...real time for chatting seems to escape me. What I've noticed though lately is that when I do have msn open I share time with one or two peeps...and I was actually thinking that it would be better "sharing" of time if perhaps there was an irc so that everyone could have an "in" on the group, and it would make it maybe easier for peepsin dif levels trying to communicate. That Whispering that Sacred 2 does is awful IMO.

No promises on my part on being able to frequent one a lot...but maybe the strategy of keeping one open and then keeping an eye on it every once in a while could have some good utility these days.

:D

gogo

Would xfire be helpful in this circumstance? Might not fulfill the need for a chatroom, which would be fun. But it would be a way to communicate with several people not in the same map as you.

I think I would like using the Hamachi chat myself. It's nice and simple and it doubles as a means to game together if ever Ascaron servers go down. :D

The only thing about such things as MSN, ICQ, XFire, etc is that most people tend to use one or two of them but not all. I only use Skype. To talk to me you would need to know that my nick is andrewpl5 (feel free to use it by the way) and have Skype on your PC. None of those things is a problem but it is pretty much the same as giving a phone number to a friend.

On the other hand a chatroom is less restrictive. It is open to anyone interested in joining in the conversation. All you need know is the name of the room. A bit like a canteen at work, people come and go but the door is always open.

Resources for running a chat client like mIRC are tiny so minimal affect on other software you might be running. Could even be a chatroom hosted on a webpage so no client needed at all (although my opinion is that method is not so good). Maybe even a chatroom that could be accessed by webpage and chat client.

I admit I wasn't just thinking [DARK] when I posted.

I'll think it over and maybe open a room somewhere.

Just opened a chat room. It can be visited on my private website here http://irc.stelivo.com:8000/?room=sacred I am there using mIRC but it can also be accessed from your web browser (JAVA). Anyway, I'll hang around a while just to test it out. Dunno if it will ever open again but gives me something to do for a while :devil: Chatroom name should auto show as sacred.

Time for bed but the room is there for you to use any time if you follow the link I pasted. It seems the room is permanent so I don't have to be online for it to stay open. I am the only mod there though ... for now :) If you want to use something like mIRC then servers is irc.stelivo.com channel #sacred

Edited by Gordius