Data collection for Skills Tables

Can whoever added the Skills Tables to the Wiki please tell me how the data was collected? My guess is increasing the Aspect etc by 1 in-game, write down the numbers and repeat until 201 points had been allocated rather than using a formula. If it was done using a formula or if anyone already has that formula I would love to be able to use that formula in my Calculator. I can hunt for formulae myself but of course if someone already has them it would help me a lot.

Has anyone ever discovered the formula for Constitution? I would love to include it in my Calculator too but right now it looks like a very long and arduous task to figure that one out :devil:

Yeah I did it the hard way... A lesson in patience...

You certainly have my respect! I won't even try to create a formula to calculate how many times you clicked the left mouse button to give us those great lists :devil:

if you are looking to integrate this into a calculator program you are writing then add all the tables into an XML file (or even a csv) and just transact it each time you need it. I imagine Antitrust has the original data in a file somewhere (amazing patience :)) I recently did something similar for X3, and the XML files that stored the data had about 4000 rows iirc, but fortunately it was extracted straight from the game files.

If you are just making a spreadsheet then it is pretty simple to use nested lookup functions and so on to return what you require :)

Edit:

As for a formula for constitution I imagine that with about 30 samples of the health bonus at various character levels and skill levels it could be possible to just get excel to create an approximate regression line for it. Of course it would not be the actual formula used by the game but it could provide a very good fit (getting better as the sample size increases). I might google some blank character saves and have a fiddle myself.

Edited by Coruskane