Injury caused by playing this game too much

jimdingsdale, are you sure it's just from the game? You have to be very careful in how you sit at a comp...specially regarding your back and posture. Is the pain sharp, and localized? Or is it spreading out?

I'm really sorry to hear this, I do a fair bit of gaming a day actually and being on a comp is like eating and breathing to me. If it's still there for a while, definitely consider seeing a doctor about this or looking up info on the net.

I remember Sacred used to kill my hand cuz of all the pressing we had to do with the mouse...I changed equipment and got myself a speed pad and could set it to autofire.

Worked well, and the pains in wrists and hands disapeared.

:P

gogo

I spend a lot of time on 'puter so have a very good chair and try tp keep good posture. maybe I hurt it doing something else but playing aggravated it even worse. its getting better.

had this happen before.

will give it a rest. its bad when you have to sleep in a chair.

thanks for your concerns. sorry about not using capitals, have to type with one hand.

Edited by jimdingsdale

Can I see the chair? got a pic off the net or something? I use a very hard bare wooden chair. It's kept me safe for years now, and I'm always scared when I read about super chairs that purport to help with spines etc

:P

gogo

I think all of you are looking for the problem at the wrong place.

played around 33 hours in two days

So that makes 33 out of 48 that gives you what 15 hours to eat sleep and the rest of the RL stuff. and in those 15 hours you need to put some time to rest from both the 33 gaming hours and the RL stuff. :(

On a related medical topic how are your eyes after 33 hours of PC Screen use? They must be piffed off at how you have been using them. :drinks: