Put in need of assistance

ok guys.

After a few months of intensive Sacred 2 gaming I decided to install S1 again and... Start from SCRATCH ;)

So I looked up on how to reset the default skills and launched the game

But here's the thing... It wont work! :)

I'm running a normal 64bit vista

So if anyone has some insight or if they've encountered this before and has a solution for me it'd be great :)

EDIT: Problem solved. (For some reason it never set up admin rights under install, so I had to manually do so -.-)

Edited by Putrescine
Vista has an aggressive autoplay capacity. It's like a rabid Rottweiler, you might say. This autoplay feature might corrupt your install or interfere with verification procedures as it did on mine. After the install was complete I attempted to run the game, to no avail. The solution ended up being a simple one.

What follows is a mystical, magical ritual you must perform in order to have a working install of Sacred on your Windows Vista PC:

First, uninstall Sacred and all it's components if you tried installling it already and had problems. Chances are, you did.

Then go into Control Panel using the Classic View. You want to access AutoPlay. In the dialogue window, change the autoplay option for "Software and Games" so that it says "No Action." This is important.

After doing this, proceed with a new installation. It will be necessary to access your CD/DVD drive from the Computer folder in order to run the install program from Sacred disc 1. A small price to pay considering you will end up with Sacred Underworld alive and well on your Vista PC

I just posted that if the problem is that it wont start at all, or did it work before you changed the txt. file?

Edited by Erling