Ranged Weapons -high (125)

Revered Technology Focus - medium (75)

Armor Lore - medium (75)

Warding Energy Lore - high (125)

Toughness - medium (75)

Revered Technology Lore - medium (75)

Combat Discipline - low (25)

And pump all attribute points equally in Agility, Vitality and Willpower

I play hardcore, solo play. Would you say this build is viable throughout the game? Perhaps anyone has some tips?

Thanks,

~Kaynin

its very doable, its some bfg guides in the guide section (I even posted one there)

my advice would be to use flaring nova as a stun not as damage, and would also have taken tactics lore before concentration and armor lore before exalted warrior focus. also tech focus before exalted because the reg penalties from BFG will be the biggest reg penalty in the start.

I would not leave Constitution out of the picture. 75 in constitution will let you regen HP in combat, which is a blessing, since Seraphim's warding energy isn't recharging in combat. In addition to that, if that is your first char, I wouldn't leave bargaining and enhanced perception out of the picture, either. The BFG weapon is all-powerful indeed, but it won't compensate for the lack of HP or Armor if you get swarmed. It's not a good idea to run around with equipment that is like 10 levels behind your current level, and bargaining is the way to compensate for that. It will allow you to shape your equipment in a way you wish.

The build you wrote is quite good, but it will require a shopper, preferably a seraphim. If you don't have one, I strongly suggest to consider taking some utility skills to compensate for the lack of such a char. Well... That is unless you're really lucky in the boss runs you will be doing :hugs:

Edited by Dobri

Kaynin, take these guys advice as they know what they are talking about.

Have a BFG build in progress at level 22 and only died once so far fighting a dragon.

Didn't feel bad about getting wiped out as three other buddies died with me.

Using Warding Energy buff, but not very high in level. Doesn't take long for it to decrease, doesn't seem to be strong enough.

Love the Flaring Nova (I call it the Vertical Stomp) and will add it as well.

Can you run 3 buffs at this level?

Jim.

Well, if you manage to get over 75 with all skills, you can. At this point the best rings and amulets you can shop give +2 all skills, at best. If you put 1 point in concentration each level, you will have 22. 75 - 22 = 53. If you manage to get 1 ammy + 2, 2 rings with +2 all skills, and 24 sockets (silver and gold if there is no friend with blacksmithing, since blacksmithing allows to add rings to bronze sockets) with +2 rings and amulets, you can :P

If you switch to pistol + shield (you still get bonuses from the BFG buff, as long as you have it summoned in a free slot), you will have around 4-5 more sockets, leaving a total of 19-20 sockets of silver and gold value (unless you have a char or friend with blacksmith, then bronze also works) in order to get to 75. I'll try to elaborate:

Helm - 2 sockets (can be 3 if there is a friend with blacksmith and you have the appropriate set items, e.g. Helmet of Benevolence)

Armor - 2 sockets (can be 3 for the same reason, e.g. Tunic of Benevolence)

Shoulders - 2 sockets (can be 3, e.g. Shoulders of Guilt, Shoulders of the Seraish)

Waist - 2 (can be 3 again, e.g. Sash of Sacrifice)

Legs - 2 (again, can be 3, e.g. Pantaloons of the Seraish, Legguards of Benevolence)

Wristguards - 1 or 2 (can be 2 or 3, e.g. Wristguards of dusk)

Gloves - 1 (never seen with 2)

Wings - 2 (never seen with 3)

Note: some of those set items appear as basic level 20 or 25.

this is a total of 15 without blacksmithing and a total of 21 if there is such char. So If you have the necessary smith, the necessary jewelry, the necessary gun and shield (like djalek's annihilator - 2 gold sockets and Shield of Mirrors - 3 sockets) and the necessary set items, you can have enough sockets to go over 75 in concentration :)

Signing off, I'm getting crazy from all that math... :hugs:

Edited by Dobri
Well, if you manage to get over 75 with all skills, you can. At this point the best rings and amulets you can shop give +2 all skills, at best. If you put 1 point in concentration each level, you will have 22. 75 - 22 = 53. If you manage to get 1 ammy + 2, 2 rings with +2 all skills, and 24 sockets (silver and gold if there is no friend with blacksmithing, since blacksmithing allows to add rings to bronze sockets) with +2 rings and amulets, you can :P

If you switch to pistol + shield (you still get bonuses from the BFG buff, as long as you have it summoned in a free slot), you will have around 4-5 more sockets, leaving a total of 19-20 sockets of silver and gold value (unless you have a char or friend with blacksmith, then bronze also works) in order to get to 75. I'll try to elaborate:

Helm - 2 sockets (can be 3 if there is a friend with blacksmith and you have the appropriate set items, e.g. Helmet of Benevolence)

Armor - 2 sockets (can be 3 for the same reason, e.g. Tunic of Benevolence)

Shoulders - 2 sockets (can be 3, e.g. Shoulders of Guilt, Shoulders of the Seraish)

Waist - 2 (can be 3 again, e.g. Sash of Sacrifice)

Legs - 2 (again, can be 3, e.g. Pantaloons of the Seraish, Legguards of Benevolence)

Wristguards - 1 or 2 (can be 2 or 3, e.g. Wristguards of dusk)

Gloves - 1 (never seen with 2)

Wings - 2 (never seen with 3)

Note: some of those set items appear as basic level 20 or 25.

this is a total of 15 without blacksmithing and a total of 21 if there is such char. So If you have the necessary smith, the necessary jewelry, the necessary gun and shield (like djalek's annihilator - 2 gold sockets and Shield of Mirrors - 3 sockets) and the necessary set items, you can have enough sockets to go over 75 in concentration :)

Signing off, I'm getting crazy from all that math... :hugs:

I'm gonna have to delve into that in order to understand it all, but I will!

Thanks for the tips everyone. I'll heed them well! :)

The basic idea is that you don't need 75 hard points in a skill to get a mastery. If you manage to get 75 combined points (hard points and +all skills equipment, for example) you will gain a temporary mastery. However, if you fall under 75 combined points, the temporary mastery will be gone. That is why with proper equipment, you can have 3 buffs at low level (with 75 combined points in concentration). That was the big idea :hugs:

Edited by Dobri