Combat Art damage??

My question is this: Do melee damage Combat Arts reflect what weapon damge you do?

Take Duel Weild. The CA states a specific damage, but as I read on some of the guides posted, they say to use different elemental damage wepons for different bosses/opponents. Why? According to the CA damage in the character stat sreen, it shows a different type of damage than what your wepons do. Mainly physical. How does the weapon damage work with the Duel Weild CA?

You know, after doing ALOT of searching, it has come to my attention, that Duel Weild is NOT a CA. :P

So, let me re-phrase what I'm asking. Does the CA Pelting Strikes, for the Seraphim, include your weapon damage? As I said above, people have said to use different elements for different bosses, so one can only assume, that it is included. If that is true, then why not the physical damage too?

I appologize for the misleading info and/or question. Hopefully I didn't cause to much confusion. Also, since this is a Seraphim question, but could also be used for other chars that have a multi-hit CA, could a mod please move this thread to its proper destination, or leave it hear for a more broad discussion on the multi-hit Combat Arts for certain chars.

Again, sorry for the misleading question in the first post.

Edited by Giggles

In a way, the question is pretty much valid, even if the original assumption by giggles was incorrect.

How does a weapon damage work with the CA?

There are certain things to consider, and should be kept in mind when a certain CA is used with a certain type of weapon. For example, the Archangel's wrath CA is based on the weapon damage, and requires a strong weapon, probably boosted with enough tactics for crit or damage (I'm still not entirely sure on that assumption though). Soul hammer is a strong 1-hit, but takes on the damage of only 1 weapon for the dual wielder, so for a dualist, it's not that useful. Callous Execution Ruthless mutilation requires a strong weapon to be effective, preferably 2-handed.

Delving into the game mechanics will help a lot here. How is the weapon damage calculated? By what stats, enemy resistances or multipliers is it boosted to achieve its final damage? This will help a lot the melee chars to maximize their damage rather than simply following the usual pattern - tactics lore + strength + strong CA FTW!

Edited by Dobri