Divine Devotion vs Riding

Waddaya think  

6 members have voted

1. 1. Divine Devotion vs Riding vs Shield Lore

• Devine Devotion 'cause Sakkara is tamable
    • Riding 'cause you need the speed
    • Shield Lore 'cause close combat requires shields

Well now - I've done some searches but can't really find an answer regarding Devine Devotion.

After my vicious encounter between my HE and her own summoned Sakkara Deamon, I seriously wonder if I made the right choice with Ker. Summoning such a beast and endinding up fighting it really makes it a GS that I rarely would use... unless I can manage to control it for longer periods.

So does anyone know if investing in Devine Devotion would actually assist control over the Sakkara Deamon, or is it really such a useless skill as I've read about ?

In S1 I used mounts mainly for traveling - never really invested in riding so the horses I bought\found where just a means to an end and rarely survived any type of battle. Is it really, really worth it to take Riding in Sacred 2 ? I sorta have to choose between Riding and Devine Devotion as a final skill and won't take DD if it's not going to assist my cause, but then again I'll only take riding to travel faster if not for greater tactical advantages.

Well, I'm actually stuck between 3 choices for my 2/3 Caster 1/3 Close combat HE : Shield Lore, Riding or Devine Devotion ? heh, that question just turned this post into a poll...

Shield lore. Many here are saying Devine Devotion is useless.

Riding is usefull only if you are playing mostly on open-air.

But if you do all quests + dungeons, you won't need that much.

ok, so I searched for "Sakkara" on the SIF and found more relevant hits that searching for "Devine Devotion"... and the general consensus is that DD is not worth the effort, not even bringing the Sakkara under control, other than with longer duration comes the obvious longer, but not complete, devotion.

So it's basically between Riding and Shield Lore, and thanks Spyrus, I think I'm gonna go with Shield Lore.

Now just a final question regarding mounts: According to Sacredwiki, the speed bonus +% gained from a horse does not affect the actual horse, but the players' speed. So by the sounds of it, it's worth buying any horse with +% Speed just for the sake of running faster on foot ? Or was that issue addressed in some patch and not specified in the patch notes ?

I voted for Shield Lore since you are always getting surrounded and pounded on.

The others are less frequently used.

I view the God Spell as forgettable... I completely forget it is there. I usually am playing Good and taking the Reflect Damage God Spell. But I never remember to use it. So far.

I've accidentally set it off a few times now... so maybe now I'll remember it is there...

But, really, I'd just got with Shield Lore. I wanna play HC, so more defense is better.

ok, so I searched for "Sakkara" on the SIF and found more relevant hits that searching for "Devine Devotion"... and the general consensus is that DD is not worth the effort, not even bringing the Sakkara under control, other than with longer duration comes the obvious longer, but not complete, devotion.

So it's basically between Riding and Shield Lore, and thanks Spyrus, I think I'm gonna go with Shield Lore.

Now just a final question regarding mounts: According to Sacredwiki, the speed bonus +% gained from a horse does not affect the actual horse, but the players' speed. So by the sounds of it, it's worth buying any horse with +% Speed just for the sake of running faster on foot ? Or was that issue addressed in some patch and not specified in the patch notes ?

I looked on the Ladder for closed net....and anybody who is anybody does not get Riding....I think its the most wasted skill in the game...my opinion...and Divine Devotion has such a large recast time...hardly seems worth while.

Back to the Ladder....if you look at what those people have done as far as thier skill selection goes....and trust me if they can reach such a high level with thier build am sure they know what skills have worked out for them.

I had such a bad time with my Pyro HE...I leveled 2 of them to level 60.....and deleted them....then I saw Dobri's build here on the forums....and my new toon is level 52 now....and I am confident...am gonna be just as happy with the build when I reach level 200.

So ...take my advise go look and see what the pros have built...and of course change it to suit your playing style...but look at their main structure...check out for yourself...if there is any riding selected or Divine devotion for that matter....if you decide like most of them that selecting one of those would be taking up a valuable slot...for a skill that might make your game just a little more enjoyable and more comfortable to play.

Again its your game....and what works for some may not work for u.

I am sure u will make the right choice and I wish that I had of researched my build before wasting my time....well it was not exactly wasting....I had fun and got experience how to play the game

Good luck with your choice...and I would be interested in hearing how your choice went.

And BTW....I gold modded my grand invig....and selected speed...so my run is like 122% anyways I almost run as fast as I ride on my mount....and after getting two of my unique mounts killed last one cost me half a mil...I said to heck with it....and I do more on foot getting to a spot....and get lots of good loot along the way as well.

I can't imagine the speed plus affects anything else but horse speed...I mean how can it make u go faster on foot the horse is not even activated...and if that was the case....U should by all rights have all the other bonuses that go along with it....I can't see that happening.

Zandy

Edited by Zandrama

Thanks for your input here Zandrama ! I think I'm gonna go with Shield Lore for my final skill... It just seems obvious in the end that Devine Devotion is a waste of attribute points and I don't think riding really suits my style...

Regarding running almost as fast as a mount... that was how I normally ended up in S1, but I just get the feeling that in S1 it was possible to run faster earlier on than in Sacred 2. But I'm doing so much exploring atm that it really does not matter how fast I run, 'cause I'm engaged in combat 90% of the time !

I can't imagine the speed plus affects anything else but horse speed...I mean how can it make u go faster on foot the horse is not even activated...and if that was the case....U should by all rights have all the other bonuses that go along with it....I can't see that happening.

Doesn't make sense to me either, but I just read that in the wiki and thought it interesting, perhaps someone with 1st hand experience of this tidbit of info could give us the actual outcome of owning a mount ?