Increase the number of monsters in Sacred 2 Multiplayer

Is there anyway to increase the number of monsters in the game for multiplayer? In Titan Quest there was a mod that would max out the monsters on each spawn point. Anything like that in Sacred 2?

I have a bunch of friends come over from time to time and I am looking for a little more 'arcade' gameplay for multiplayer. More monsters means more xp means more loot, you get the picture.

Thanks in advance for any responses to this post.

I'm not sure if this would work for multiplayer, probably not closed(or any) online modes. It might do for a lan, but probably only if everyone has it as well.

Also is this for pc or console? Because I have no idea if this would work on console either.

But on pc, my suggeston would be to look at scripts\server\spawn.txt.

Here's an example of what you'll see in there:

mgr.addSpawn (3,30,0,{ -- TG Spawn Wasteland
total_density = 35,
layermap_id = 2,
{1394,5,"",0,0,0,0},
{1395,1,"",0,0,0,0},
{1235,8,"",0,0,1,0},
{1393,1,"",0,0,1,0},
{1235,3,"",0,0,2,0},
{1235,3,"",0,0,2,0},
} )

the relevant line here is "total_density = 35," all you have to do is change the 35, to a value you prefer.

A couple of caveats though; 1) there's 4472 of them, 2) they're not all 35(lowest seems to be 4, while highest is 100, but those seem to be special cases, the next highest is 50).

Obviously, it would be better to have a little program that let you adjust them all at once, but since I'm not a programmer, I can't help there.

So if you decide to modify the file, I suggest getting a text editor that can "find and replace all", I use notepadd++.

And when you save it, save it as a different file, for example I've used Doublespawn.txt. I'm not sure if the game will read it(or read it properly) if it doesn't have spawn in there, so I've made sure to keep it in. It makes it easier for me to keep track of what I've modified file wise.

I hope this helps :)

Nice, sounds like just what I am looking for.

When you put in 70 instead of 35, do you definitely see 2x the monsters? Does that double the bosses also?

@Llama8: yep. Perhaps if you changed their density to 0, it might not even spawn them at all.

@wa5926: Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to test this. It doesn't seem to just spawn more at a particular position, it seems to be spread out over an area. And I don't know about bosses, I don't have anything other than 1st-3rd level characters. But I can't imagine them being spawned more than once.

Although, having said that, you could look for the bosses in scripts/server/creatures.txt, and maybe changing the groupmaxcount might work.

Regarding the rats again, you could also give them a groupmaxcount, since "Template_wild_rat" has groupmaxcount = 0,

I am guessing that if it's 0 it means that there's no maximum to the size of the group, so you could try with 1.

after reading this thread I did some messing around on this subject on dryad island,

I lowered the total density of panthers and plants and raised the density of champ tree spirits,

when I ran around the island there was hardly any plants and panthers and more champ tree spirits

but it only goes up to 100 dont go past that because it does nothing so density is 0 to 100 hope this helps.

• 10 months later...

Thank you for your responses.

I've read the two threads before, the first I would rather see as cheating (increasing experience at same enemy's strength).

The latter is a possibility but it seems like a lot of work to change about 4-5k entries.

That's where "find and replace" comes in handy. Using notepad++, I can set it to replace all of a particular value, so I don't have to go through and do it manually. I don't know if word, or notepad do it, I don't use them.