Sacred 2 Demo on September 24?

Hi!

I've been watching this forum for almost a year and I've finally decided to register here :)

Everyday, to see if there is news about Sacred 2, I come here, I go on the official forums and I visit a fansite called Sacred-Legends.

Last night, I went on that site and saw that the Sacred 2 Demo should release on September 24, which is next Wednesday :whip:

Quote from the site (I used a translator to translate from german to english) :

Now Ascaron also announced details to the demo. By a size of just 2 GB one will have about 3-5-hour playing time. Is playable only the Seraphim.

Further information should follow on Monday.

Source : http://www.sacred-legends.de

As a new forum member, I just wanted to share this info with you guys!

Max

YAHOOEY!

This is great! I've been so worried about not being able to play Sacred 2 with the problems of not having a release date here in Canada...but with this news, I guess I'll at least get a part of my addiction fixed. Is it in German only, or will there be an English one released on that date as well?

Thanks Metal, now THIS is a Sunday!

:)

gogo

Is it in German only, or will there be an English one released on that date as well?

I really hope the demo will be in English (or maybe multilingual). I guess we will have more info on Monday.

I can't wait!

Max

Lars, this is great news, thanks for the confirmation! And German only? No sweat.... we'll just learn a new language in .... oh three days? :whip:

And...Powerpyx has just informed :

"The demo will not be protected so at least it should be possible to play also the german demo in canada."

Well... if I'm sick this Wednesday for work...it's not my fault

:)

gogo

It's ok if the english demo comes out a few days after the german demo.

Maybe CDV will tell us on Monday what's going on with the demo and the release of the game.

They will probably also tell us that they delay Sacred 2 until mid-october (about a 2-3 weeks delay).

Max

Hey there metal max and welcome. :whip:

Wow, that's some very sweet news you come with. Thanx! No doubt there are many people that are happy for the news. And the sooner we get our hands on some Sacred 2 action the better eh.

Cheers :)

... there will be an English demo released too to a later time (publisher/marketing decision, not developer).

Since the English demo is already finished and it will become available at a later time anyway, is there any chance we might be able to get a copy "unofficially" somehow? :whistle:

Or do they shoot spies in your company!? :Just_Cuz_21:

Probably not Spock, but feel free to spa, er, email Deep Silver (& while you're at it, you could try & convince them that they want to release the UK PC version at the same time as the rest of Europe).

Still gonna download it if if I can. While the language may not be right, just seeing finally how this game "feels" and moves is going to be worth it. Llama, do you know already where you're getting your game from btw?

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

Llama, do you know already where you're getting your game from btw?

Nope, 'cause Deep Silver are being complete ####s (IMO) by not releasing the UK PC version along with the rest of Europe (#######s) Not sure whether I can be bothered ordering from elsewhere in Europe (eg, Scandinavia), or seeing if Ascaron can pull anything out of the bag...

Also, my wife is due to give birth a week or two after the "normal" release date anyway...

This just got posted on the SIF by mentalJ:

http://forum.sacredeng.ascaron-net.com/sho...mp;postcount=15

"Demo

The german demo is going to be released 24.09 via gamestar.de (apparently exclusive to gamestar for some time). The size of the demo is a weighty 1.9gb, but they are trying reduce it some more. The demo will feature 1 class, the seraphim. The demo will have an estimated length of 3-5 hours in bronze mode (silver mode will also be available) and won't have a MP, so SP only. An english version of the demo is confirmed as well, but they didn't tell the date yet.

According to Ascarons PR the demo is rather spectacular, now obviously it's his job to tell us so, but it still sounds good to me .

Can't wait!

"