Kat`s Pyro High Elf Build - Flame On!

In the sockets I use good +skills stuff. I like them to have something extra like experience; MF or defense skills+ or deathblow on them to the +skills and I use defense forge in around 2 3 tops slots mostly 2. But this is my set up for later on in the game(gold and after) early on I use other forge as well like damage and regen as well.

I put the forge in gold slots and rings and amulets in everything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

first of all GREAT GUIDE! I've just got the game and are currently playin it on the xbox 360 and Ive been followin the build pretty closely and so far its been really really helpful.

Im only level 15 but the main problem is that I die alot because of my poor defence.

Am I playing the character wrong or is their some armour that you could recommend or any helpful tips?

Thanks alot!'

HE FTW!

Welcome to DarkMatters, Reevo

I just took a look through Kat's guide, first post on this thread, he gives a full listing of what he recommends for armor and shield in his third section of his guide:

#3: Weapons and Armor.

To get those sets that you'll need, give Schot's guide for farming sets here.

Good luck

:(

gogo

Thanks for the welcome,

I had a look through the guide but must've skipped through the armour bit :(

Do you have to be a certain level to get them and do they only drop from certain monsters or areas?

R33vO:)

You can have a look at Schot's guide for farming sets here for info and tips on farming sets.

lol

I guess you missed the link to Schot's guide I placed in my welcome to you up above too

:(

gogo

Hey Reevo99! If I get it right you die in the early levels of the game this being 1-20 or so. If so I doubt you will get all the set stuff you need at that low level. So what I recommend is for you to do is what we all do. That is make a level 2 trader.

A level 2 trader is a toon that you level to level 2 and then take as only skill barg. then you spend all points from does levels to barg. and you go shopping. First on your list should be 3 relics with +1 barg. to have even more barg. Since you are making a High Elf make the level 2 trader a HE. While shopping apart from looking for good gear for your "Play" toon look for gear with +bargaining for the lv2 trader so his barg. will be even higher. Now about the gear that you are looking for:

1. armor =2 sockets and solid defense. [Defense forge to both sockets]

2. Helmet =2sockets and it would be good if it has +experience or +mf [attack forge 1 regen forge 1]

3 boots = 1 socket [Defense forge]

4. gloves = 1 socket [Regen forge]

5. pants = 2 sockets [Attack forge 1 regen forge 1]

6. belt = 2 sockets [Regen forge 2 sockets]

7. shield = 2 sockets [Defense forge 2 sockets]

8. weapon= 2 sockets [attack forge 2 sockets]

Now the sockets should be gold and silver as many gold as possible. Rings buy some rings with +fire damage and if you find some with +fire damage/+experience even better.

Amulets here get something with + to stamina or intelligence.

Last in the sockets put some forge. If you are playing online ask for peoples help does that have niob access can take your stuff to niob and forge it there for you. Next to each of the gear I have given you what I would place as forge but you may want to change if it isnt to your play style.

hope this helps. :Just_Cuz_21:

I've seen it mentioned once or twice throughout the thread that people are saying there's not enough experience floating around the hunting ground that was given in the OP come the later levels. I've found if you go off the beaten track towards the end of the route, the place is infested with undead and the pyro elf chews them up very easily. At level 60ish, I can level up once just by going the full route, then taking a detour towards the mass groups of undead (I use potions to boost my experiance).

Just thought I'd throw that in (probably been mentioned already)

Edited by BlackJAC

Hi Kat,

Great guide, but I have a question or two that I was hoping you'd answer for me. Currently I'm working my way through the single player game, as I want to do every area in the game, not just the hunting grounds areas I was wondering is this build a viable build to do that? What happens if I run into highly resistant/immune fire/physical damage bosses? I ask this because I did the Kobold Chieftain on bronze and my fire spells were hardly making a dent on him. Mind you I don't have IS yet so maybe that will make a difference. I was thinking on swapping out Delphic Arcania Lore for Enhanced Perception and Constitution for Combat Discipline. I know that Constitution would be considered somewhat vital for a hardcore build, but as my HE is softcore at the moment I didn't think swapping out Constitution for Combat Discipline would hurt. What do you think?

Regards

Raven

Oh yes you can play this build everywhere no problem. In some places you wont be able to use BT because of the water but you will have IS for that. The coblot chieftain is a strange one better said he looks so strong because he is at the start of the game and non of your CAs really pack a serious punch. As for later IS will take out any boss. Now for changing Skills. You can change DA lore no problem and take ether EP or CD but keep Constitution even though you are soft core you dont really want to restart the game over and over just because of low HP?

Oh yes you can play this build everywhere no problem. In some places you wont be able to use BT because of the water but you will have IS for that. The coblot chieftain is a strange one better said he looks so strong because he is at the start of the game and non of your CAs really pack a serious punch. As for later IS will take out any boss. Now for changing Skills. You can change DA lore no problem and take ether EP or CD but keep Constitution even though you are soft core you dont really want to restart the game over and over just because of low HP?

Thanks for the response Kat. Taking constitution is a pain because I really wanted to have both EP and CD in the build and I'm finding myself running short of skills. Having said that if I must take constitution then I'll skip EP as I feel CD is more important to the build.

Warm regards

Raven

Hey R33vO here,

just wanted to say thanks to Kat and Gogo, ive used a mixture of the stuff you've told me, I got velaria's garment thanks to Schot whom Gogo recommended to me and Ive forged +defence into it thanks to Kat. I also have another set piece which is a helm but I cant remember the name of it.

Anyways I don't seem to be dieing alot anymore so I just thought I'd say thanks to everyone!

Oh and I should mention that I have the staff that you get from finishing the Class Quests

Glad I could help you out with that gear info Reevo99. :4rofl:

Change what for Ice&Blood? Do you think anything needs changing? The toon is solid as it is. Nothing has been hit as far as this build is concerned.

As we are limited in the number of runes we can eat for ice and blood (200 maximum before the CA level resets to 0), certain mods might be good to change. Example: Fiery ardor adds damage to all fire CAs, maybe its better than the -regen for ice & blood because the number of runes you can read is capped, so you will only be able to pump your CA levels so high...

I would love to get your opinion on this thread by the way where I discuss CA mods for elves:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=12401

Well everyone keeps saying about the rune read level being caped at 200. But have you ever tried to read 200 runes on a buff. I have and I only got to 200 just to see if it could be done and if you can take it above for those buff. I did that after I got to 200. So that being said if you could get to 200lv and have a super strong toon without it now. I am more then sure you will have a super strong toon in the expansion if you push to level 200 with rune reading.

Plus for everyone else that is bummed out about the +Skills. Well my level 200 toon got there by using mostly level 13 and some 15-16 +skills.

So on that front this build is covered as well.

Heyyy,

I now have Tinwora's curse but I am actually using the staff that you get for finishing the class quest which name escapes me and its working fine. I thought I should just say that it appears to me that that staff is actually better or maybe Im just not using Tinwora right.

anyway I just thought I'd add that in, Thanks

Its all about the slots. Tinwora is one handed which means you can use a shield with it. So that would mean 4 slots(2 wepon+2shield) at list. That means all the bonus from Tinwora and the bonuses from the shield. Thats why I say its better. Even if you get the one slot shield the Safeguard which is the best shield you can get for a HE you will be completing one half of your armor goals the other being a good armor.

But what ever works for you style of play if the staff works then I am happy it helps you. :D

Hi All:

Very nice guide, I'm planning on playing this build on the light side paired with one of Stick Ems TG's on the dark side (Think I should call him Darth Voder? :) ) to do all her shopping and smithing.

so I'm planning on replacing Bargining with Combat Discipline, Damage Lore, or Spell resistance, just wondering if y'all have an Idea wich would be best.

BS

Hi All:

Very nice guide, I'm planning on playing this build on the light side paired with one of Stick Ems TG's on the dark side (Think I should call him Darth Voder? :) ) to do all her shopping and smithing.

so I'm planning on replacing Bargining with Combat Discipline, Damage Lore, or Spell resistance, just wondering if y'all have an Idea wich would be best.

BS

If you do like kat did and get delphic lore, you don't need spell resistance because you will have a very strong expel magic. I'm not sure spell resistance even works. Also remember that a light character cannot party with a dark character.

Hi All:

Very nice guide, I'm planning on playing this build on the light side paired with one of Stick Ems TG's on the dark side (Think I should call him Darth Voder? :whistle: ) to do all her shopping and smithing.

BS

From the 3 you numbered your choice is not really a choice you have only one that works with this build and that is Combat Discipline.

So from those 3 I would go for combat Discipline every time. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Just brought sacred 2 off steam a couple of days ago and having a blast.

I thought I would follow this guide for my first character, I did try seraphim but didnt like the big gun all the time, and fire looks cooler.

I think ive got the basics of the game grasped now.

I do have a few quick questions though.

Im level 28 at the moment.

When I am socketing items (Ive been lucky so far, lots of set items keep dropping when I hand in quests) im just socketing them with pure regen (the bs skill one), is this ok or is there something else I should be doing with them? I have my cast times on BT and IF down to 1.0 secs each with all the gear socketed with regen, so should I start reading more runes now or wait till I get a bit more regen?

What I dont want to do is read another rune, then upgrade a bit of gear and then because of that upgrade it will take my cast times way up again.

Is there a specific level that I should be aiming to keep the first 2 buffs in range of? I.e. My IC is only level 2 (at the moment its adding more to my regen time) and GI is at level 10, should I be keeping these level?

People say the regen times are when mounted, I got a horse last night and I dont think I can cast anything off it :(

Im playing on open at the moment but thinking of starting a new char on closed europe soon.

Thanks for any replies.

P.S. Brill guide, really helped a lot.