Finally a keyboard

Guest gogoblender

k, really...be honest guys...if we're not musicians.... don't you honestly feel that a creative sound card from let's say five years ago can cut it?

I gotta be honest...the one I got with my comp about five years ago still kicks ares!

:D

gogo

Old creative cards probably are the best. What you would want to do, is check the web for the Daniel_K drivers, IIRC they add some of the new features of X-Fi cards to older cards. :)

Or maybe that was only in Vista. Not sure now. :P EDIT: seems to be in Vista only. Never mind the rest of my post then. :P

The story about those drivers:

Daniel_K edited the drivers from Creative to work on older cards with Vista, and posted about his work and drivers on the official Creative board. Well, up to a point where he gave people the options to donate some money for the work on the drivers that is. Creative then removed all his posts from the Creative forums and threatened him with a lawsuit if he would continue his work/spreading the drivers.

The people on the board were enraged, and Creative lost a big part of their clientèle by that.

Edited by Timotheus
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well lord and I got the wave keyboard by logitech, kinda 1/2 way between a regular one and a split ergo one. I love it.

I have a split ergo at work and my wrists dont hurt any more at work or at home.

I dont know how fast I type anymore, I havent taken a test in a while but I know its above 60 wpm.

there is some basis for the small keyboard = speed but too small and you will do damage to your wrists and shoulders, etc from not being in a good position to be doing all that typing. I learned that with tendonitis at work and having to wear a brace on my right wrist for the better part of 3 months from using an ibm keyboard and typing fast and furious for 8 hours a day at work.

there is some basis for the small keyboard = speed but too small and you will do damage to your wrists and shoulders, etc from not being in a good position to be doing all that typing. I learned that with tendonitis at work and having to wear a brace on my right wrist for the better part of 3 months from using an ibm keyboard and typing fast and furious for 8 hours a day at work.

Mom, I can see how I'd be trading in speed for long term chronic pains. The smaller keyboard just lets me whiz on the typing, and the tactile/sound feedback is so pleasant. However, that kind of pain you get in your hands from all the repeated typing can drop you fast. So far though so good, I've got decent posture with my chair going, and my desk is at about the proper height. The keyboard is so small, that my hands hardly ever move...honestly at the end of a few hours of banging out posts, no pain so far.

so far

:D

gogo