Well I tried this last year and got exactly zero responses so there's no way but up right ?

Hoping we have a few members that watch the NFL regularly and might be interested in taking your football passion to the next step. I'd like to start a fantasy football league. For those not familiar, it means you select all your starting players and play them on a weekly basis. Typically the better the player in real life, then the better your team will do in this league.

If this is something you'd like to try but have no idea what to do I can help. I can provide a wealth of info and help answer any questions you have.

I was hoping to get this set up earlier but my back had other plans so unfortunately I'm rushing to get this out. I'd like to get this running as soon as possible since the start of the season is about a week away.

I talked with Jetcutter and he is going to try and get 5 DA members to join. I'm looking for 4 D.a.r.k members. Figure we'll have 2 divisions. One for D.a.r.k and one for DA. A total of 10 teams. I can expand to 12 if needed.

I'm looking for people active on this forum and who will also be active in this league. Most likely the draft will be held on the weekend, this weekend if everything gets set up in time. I'll get the league page started and will provide the link as soon as possible.

K...don't be shy guys...are you ready for some football:)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT

I've changed the divisions up a bit, so those who have little or no experience will feel more comfortable joining.

I'm dividing up the 10 teams by fantasy football (ffl) experience. One division will be called 'Veterans' (or something similar) and will consist of 5 teams of players who have played ffl before.

2nd division will be named 'Rookies' and will have 5 players new to fantasy football.

What happens is this. Each team plays the other teams within it's division twice, and the teams in the other division once. Top 2 teams from each division will advance to playoffs. So you would be mainly competing against other players with the same level of experience and it will allow you to be competitive while learning about ffl.

I was planning on writing up a guide to basic drafting strategies and will follow later on subjects like 'Waiver Wire/Trades', Starting certain players depending on 'Strength of Schedule' and 'How to plan around Bye Weeks' if there is interest.

Again no experience necessary, just a willingness to be active and have fun. I will make it as fair and competitive for all regardless of experience. I'm still working on trophies and would like to give out weekly awards. Stop on by and have a look and say hi :P

FALLEN ANGELS

You go "Hank"

If you want to go with 4 that would increase our odds of gettin this off the ground.

C'Mon folks,, Jump in.

By the way, fantasy football is a beer drinking sport. (another perk).

Jet

Edited by Jetcutter

C'mon guys, there has to be a few of you that would like to play

Got the league page going but I have set to private right now while I finalize it, but if you just want to have a look. I can send an invite and you can have a look around. Plus Schot graciously agreed to help me with the logo and on such short notice too. TYVM Schot.

p.s. I need to let Schot know about that I guess

Knuckles, is the draft going to be live or not? Because it is real hard for me to find time to do a live draft. I forget what it is called but the kind where you place your picks with a number and then at a certain time the site goes thru and selects off your list for your team picks. If so, I'd love to join up :)

P.S.- What site are we using? ESPN, Yahoo, etc?

C'mon guys, there has to be a few of you that would like to play

Got the league page going but I have set to private right now while I finalize it, but if you just want to have a look. I can send an invite and you can have a look around. Plus Schot graciously agreed to help me with the logo and on such short notice too. TYVM Schot.

p.s. I need to let Schot know about that I guess

Hey Knucks

My girl started one, But she has no knowledge of the game.

With Schots great abilities, (and game knowledge), I'll have her keep goin, but I'm betting we opt for Schots design.

@ Ryanrocker,

Not sure if the draft will be live or not, but Knuckles has the site at ESPN looking pretty good so far. As he mentioned,

Schots artwork would enhance it nicely.

Jet

Edited by Jetcutter

The draft will be live and I will try as hard as I can to make it as convenient as possible for the most people. I'll be doing a snake draft, with each round inverse of the one preceding. So if we had 10 teams and you had the 1st pick in round 1, you'd have last in round 2 (20th overall) and 1st in round 3(21st) etc etc.

If you cannot make the draft but would still like to play you can let the computer 'auto-draft' for you. You can pre-rank your selections and set what order you want a particular position to be drafted at. For example, in order, rounds 1 to 5 you could select RB (1st Round), RB (2nd), WR (3rd), QB(4th) and Best Available in the 5th round.

It's on ESPN and mostly uses standard scoring though I increased the bench size and added a few IR slots to help any that are new that join up.

If you're still interested just pm your email to me here and I'll send you an invite. And anyone else for that matter :blush: I don't mind if you have no experience with fantasy football all you need is a desire to play and be active and I'll do my best to help with any questions.

@Jet, yup Schot promised to help (though he doesn't know it yet) but hasn't come back to me with any updates on his progress, guess I need to hunt him down :)

You don't have to be a clan member only a forum member (which you already are :) ) Right now we have 2 divisions of 5 teams each. Only 2 owners so far confirmed though we have a few invites out. So I can put you in as the 2nd team in the D.a.r.k division, just need you to pm me your email :blush:

Quote; Knuckles,

@Jet, yup Schot promised to help (though he doesn't know it yet) but hasn't come back to me with any updates on his progress, guess I need to hunt him down.

Too funny my friend. Gratz on your new assignment Schot.

There's 1 from D.A.R.K. ( other than yourself ).

This might actually get going, If Dags (DA), gets a crash course lol.

Welcome Ryanrocker, we should have some fun with this.

Looks like Knuckles has done his homework on this.

Jet

Edited by Jetcutter

Thx for joining up Ryan :P

Still have 2 more openings in D.a.r.k Division....................

EDIT

I've changed the divisions up a bit, so those who have little or no experience will feel more comfortable joining.

I'm dividing up the 10 teams by fantasy football (ffl) experience. One division will be called 'Veterans' (or something similar) and will consist of 5 teams of players who have played ffl before.

2nd division will be named 'Rookies' and will have 5 players new to fantasy football.

What happens is this. Each team plays the other teams within it's division twice, and the teams in the other division once. Top 2 teams from each division will advance to playoffs. So you would be mainly competing against other players with the same level of experience and it will allow you to be competitive while learning about ffl.

I was planning on writing up a guide to basic drafting strategies and will follow later on subjects like 'Waiver Wire/Trades', Starting certain players depending on 'Strength of Schedule' and 'How to plan around Bye Weeks' if there is interest.

Again no experience necessary, just a willingness to be active and have fun. I will make it as fair and competitive for all regardless of experience. I'm still working on trophies and would like to give out weekly awards. Stop on by and have a look and say hi :)

FALLEN ANGELS

Well said Knuck's,

Instead of making it a "site specific" competition, It truly should be about the fun.

Had we more takers on the idea, a site split would be interesting.

Now, We would just like to get this rolling, regardless of affiliation.

I've only done the FFL 2 years. So to be sure I'm no expert.

Knuck's has put a lot of effort into this, and I plan to back him to the hilt.

Schots contributions are also appreciated, (he's a graphics whiz (need him on my staff at work)).

Hope we get a few more takers to enjoy this.

Most folks in DA consider a football round. That's Ok.

Jump in folks.

@Ari: C'mon you might have a little free fun.

Jet

For those of you who are thinking or hesitant about joining, I'd like to put out a notification that the draft will take place on Saturday at 1:00 PM EST. This means that in the next one or two days you must ask Knuckles for an invite to be included in our league. Schot's done some nice artwork for the league home page, and we still have 4 or 5 team slots open, so if you want to join; now would be the time. :P

For those of you who are thinking or hesitant about joining, I'd like to put out a notification that the draft will take place on Saturday at 1:00 PM EST. This means that in the next one or two days you must ask Knuckles for an invite to be included in our league. Schot's done some nice artwork for the league home page, and we still have 4 or 5 team slots open, so if you want to join; now would be the time. :bounce:

The first game of the nfl is thursday how will we do the draft on saturday?

Edit: Can we maybe set teh draft to automatic? I have to admit that if we miss the first game I will not pay attention to this league very much at all.

Edited by Viper007

Even though we will draft on Saturday any player chosen from the Thursday game will have those points included in their week one totals. I would have loved to draft before that but due to the lateness of getting the league together it wasn't possible. It's only one game out of over 200 NFL games during the regular season, so any negative effects should be very minimal.

You can set your team to auto-draft if you cannot make it to the draft on Saturday.