Moving To PC for Sacred 2

So I've bought the PC version, the lure of Ice and Blood and playing with you guys was too much. Xbox is going to be very sad.

Anyone have any tips for setting up the game, pointers about the interface/controls/servers or suggestions on character setups?

Seems logical that I should make a Dragon Mage and explore the new areas.

What times do you guys play? I am UTC/GMT +10hrs. I may be limited to weekends, as it's currently my evening and I have a feeling it's early morning for most of you.

Looking forward to getting into it! :P

Beware!

I'm not sure if consol has ot but there is a 200 rune cap, meaning of you read more than 200 runes into a single Combat Art it will reset back to 0.

Also alot of th gear you find in Ice and Blood won't be as good as it was on consol.

Witht hat said welcome to PC and enjoy, I only play Freeplay LAN. I'm sure the online community are very helpgul and welcoming to new players. :P

Welcome Dreeft! You have joined the amazing world of PC EU HC Sacred 2... addiction on! I do play a lot during the day in and out from work. But I am on and can help you out as soon as it turns 1:00pm here today montreal time. If you're on then, I can meet up with you and set you up with gold, runes and even a spiiffy new mount. World of HC is dangerous but exciting. As well, you are playing from AU ...so there may be lag on your end. We have one of our members Dragon Brother who has been playing with us since last year in the clan, and he's still having a great time with us lag and all (must be the complimentary inhouse poutine).

Ask questions, use the Time to Play thread which helps keep us informed when peeps are hitting the servers and if there's a build you're looking to make, I'm sure tween us all we can even help round up equipment.

Welcome to PC Ancaria!

:P

gogo

p.s. in the wiki there is an explanation of PC GUI

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre..._User_Interface

Beware!

I'm not sure if consol has ot but there is a 200 rune cap, meaning of you read more than 200 runes into a single Combat Art it will reset back to 0.

Also alot of th gear you find in Ice and Blood won't be as good as it was on consol.

Witht hat said welcome to PC and enjoy, I only play Freeplay LAN. I'm sure the online community are very helpgul and welcoming to new players. :P

Make sure you are patched to 2.65.1 and the 200 rune cap wont bite you. I have taken many Combat Arts to 200 and not had a reset, even when I forget and read an extra rune. don't know if I agree on the gear being not as good. well, the nerfed skills mods and others did take a hit, but you get at least 2 sockets in every set armor piece so there was some rebalancing. any way +all skill aren't the only way to build anymore. any way enjoy.

Hacksaw, if you every venture into closed net on EU servers look us up. everyone is welcome in our family.

Dreeft, you may see some of us in the morning and evenings. which is opposite of you.

So I've bought the PC version, the lure of Ice and Blood and playing with you guys was too much. Xbox is going to be very sad.

Anyone have any tips for setting up the game, pointers about the interface/controls/servers or suggestions on character setups?

Seems logical that I should make a Dragon Mage and explore the new areas.

What times do you guys play? I am UTC/GMT +10hrs. I may be limited to weekends, as it's currently my evening and I have a feeling it's early morning for most of you.

Looking forward to getting into it! :P

A very wise choice you have made dreeft! :)

Regarding the setup of Sacred 2 there are some common pitfalls to watch out for. For starters ALL non essential programs should be turned off so that they don't interfere with the installations. Especially anti-virus and firewall but only while you install Sacred 2 and during the patches. You should probably run the game once before you start installing patches in order to enter your Closed Net information from the in game options. From options you would go to Multiplayer/Closed Net and then choose Create Account. PhysX can be a real pain so if you run into trouble after you finish installing it's highly likely PhysX is the cause which we have answers to. Be patient. It's a looooong install. At some points it might look like the install is frozen for about 10 minutes. If it does just go do something else for a while and hopefully when you come back it will be fine. :)

Congrats, I just made the switch from ps3 and it is so much better on pc.

My tip is do not try to install on a hard drive that is not the default.

All of my toons kave kriv in the name and you can find me in xfire as kriv99.

also good info in this thread -- http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13381

Edited by kriv

Welcome dreeft,

Fellow aussie here. :)

You didn't mention what game you will be playing when online.

Just be aware that most of Dark players are playing on the Closed servers and also play Hardcore (once dead, always dead).

I have been playing Sacred 2 since the beta and I can assure you us aussies have to suffer with terrible ping speeds (1200ms is common)

You need to factor this lag in any build you want to play.

I have found the best toon to play is an Icy High Elf, due to her ability to have great defense buffs (Crystal Skin and Grand Invigoration) and the ability to slow down enemies (Raging Nimbus and Frost Flare)

Frost Flare can be especially effective when modded correctly and used in conjunction with Schots method of zooming out the viewing field.

Raging Nimbus is a great crowd controller and Glacial Thorns is a deadly boss killer.

I have been able to get my HC Icy High Elf into Niob at level 120 and she is still going strong.

I haven't played the Dragon Mage yet so I cant comment if he is a good toon to try.

I was thinking about making the jump from PS3 to PC as well, as I'm so used to playing RPGs on PC. I'm just hesitant because of all the bugs I've read about. Hope it works out for you! Playing in those closed net EU servers with others and doing the HC stuff really sounds appealing though.

I was thinking about making the jump from PS3 to PC as well, as I'm so used to playing RPGs on PC. I'm just hesitant because of all the bugs I've read about. Hope it works out for you! Playing in those closed net EU servers with others and doing the HC stuff really sounds appealing though.

Glad to hear your considering PC. All in all yes Sacred 2 has some bugs. but at least on PC I was able to eliminate most of the ones that plagued me. And software patches have eliminated quite a few. Unfortunately on Console your stuck with what you have, or don't have like blacksmithing. All in all the PC experience is far more fulfilling that Console was. And HC rocks, it that makes you get really serious about staying alive above all else. frustrating sometimes and really rewarding others.

Ayup there's bugs

But... Sacred PC EU version comes with HC...and us!

:)

gogo

p.s. aha, Stubbie you found this thread... Hope you get a chance to meet up with Dreeft of Downunder :)

Ayup there's bugs

gogo

p.s. aha, Stubbie you found this thread... Hope you get a chance to meet up with Dreeft of Downunder :)

Didn't the PS3 version come with HC? I couldn't imagine life without it. <3 HC

Ayup there's bugs

:bounce:

gogo

Didn't the PS3 version come with HC? I couldn't imagine life without it. <3 HC

Nope. Console is softcore only. Framerate are unstable. Those loading icons. The bats you can't hit with a ranged weapon. No black Smith skill... the list goes on. Its a shame too because if consoles got all the patches and addon. It wouldst probably rock.

Much thanks to everyone for the replies. I have downloaded about 10gb so far, so not much longer to go! I am hoping it will finish before/on the weekend so I can get playing.

Beware!

Witht hat said welcome to PC and enjoy, I only play Freeplay LAN. I'm sure the online community are very helpgul and welcoming to new players. :)

Make sure you are patched to 2.65.1 and the 200 rune cap wont bite you. I have taken many Combat Arts to 200 and not had a reset, even when I forget and read an extra rune. don't know if I agree on the gear being not as good. well, the nerfed skills mods and others did take a hit, but you get at least 2 sockets in every set armor piece so there was some rebalancing. any way +all skill aren't the only way to build anymore. any way enjoy.

Hacksaw, if you every venture into closed net on EU servers look us up. everyone is welcome in our family.

Dreeft, you may see some of us in the morning and evenings. which is opposite of you.

Yeh, from what I read this has been fixed, which is good to hear.

I definitely understand that a lot of nerfing has gone on recently however having never really taken advantage of mass +all skills (due to the lack of console smithing and the small community) I am not sure it will affect my play style too much. At least 2 sockets for each set piece is a nice trade off.

Welcome Dreeft! You have joined the amazing world of PC EU HC Sacred 2... addiction on! I do play a lot during the day in and out from work. But I am on and can help you out as soon as it turns 1:00pm here today montreal time. If you're on then, I can meet up with you and set you up with gold, runes and even a spiiffy new mount. World of HC is dangerous but exciting. As well, you are playing from AU ...so there may be lag on your end. We have one of our members Dragon Brother who has been playing with us since last year in the clan, and he's still having a great time with us lag and all (must be the complimentary inhouse poutine).

Ask questions, use the Time to Play thread which helps keep us informed when peeps are hitting the servers and if there's a build you're looking to make, I'm sure tween us all we can even help round up equipment.

Welcome to PC Ancaria!

gogo

p.s. in the wiki there is an explanation of PC GUI

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre..._User_Interface

From what I can tell, you're 14 hours behind me. So 1pm your time is about 3am my time. Seems like I will be mostly playing with you weekend morning/days while it's your friday afternoon/evening. I guess that works out well, because if you play into the wee hours of Saturday, it'll be my evening Sat night. I would definitely appreciate having someone to rush me to mounts :bounce:

HC is how I (try) to play console anyhow, I think there's a lot more excitement to be offered, but I am concerned about the lag. I guess I'll see how it goes.

Much thanks for the link. I got impatient and downloaded the PC manual. The shortcuts don't look to be too confusing, fairly similar to other PC RPGs. I was confounded by the default binding of Skills to the 'C' key and Combat Arts to the 'S' key. Wouldn't it make more sense the other way around?! :P (edit: Although, now I look through your link that doesn't seem to be true)

A very wise choice you have made dreeft! :)

Regarding the setup of Sacred 2 there are some common pitfalls to watch out for. For starters ALL non essential programs should be turned off so that they don't interfere with the installations. Especially anti-virus and firewall but only while you install Sacred 2 and during the patches. You should probably run the game once before you start installing patches in order to enter your Closed Net information from the in game options. From options you would go to Multiplayer/Closed Net and then choose Create Account. PhysX can be a real pain so if you run into trouble after you finish installing it's highly likely PhysX is the cause which we have answers to. Be patient. It's a looooong install. At some points it might look like the install is frozen for about 10 minutes. If it does just go do something else for a while and hopefully when you come back it will be fine. :)

That's definitely some good advice. I am glad you warned me about PhysX, I have an Nvidia card so I will look into that while I'm waiting for it to install :P

Does you/anyone know how big the patches are? I'm going to be pulling my hair out if I have to wait much longer to play!

Congrats, I just made the switch from ps3 and it is so much better on pc.

My tip is do not try to install on a hard drive that is not the default.

All of my toons kave kriv in the name and you can find me in xfire as kriv99.

also good info in this thread -- http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13381

You mean, a drive other than C:? or a secondary physical HDD? Either way, I will be installing it to the primary.

Will look you up when I get it installed. Thanks for the link.

Welcome dreeft,

Fellow aussie here. :)

Just be aware that most of Dark players are playing on the Closed servers and also play Hardcore (once dead, always dead).

I have been playing Sacred 2 since the beta and I can assure you us aussies have to suffer with terrible ping speeds (1200ms is common)

I have found the best toon to play is an Icy High Elf, due to her ability to have great defense buffs (Crystal Skin and Grand Invigoration) and the ability to slow down enemies (Raging Nimbus and Frost Flare)

Frost Flare can be especially effective when modded correctly and used in conjunction with Schots method of zooming out the viewing field.

Raging Nimbus is a great crowd controller and Glacial Thorns is a deadly boss killer.

I have been able to get my HC Icy High Elf into Niob at level 120 and she is still going strong.

I haven't played the Dragon Mage yet so I cant comment if he is a good toon to try.

I'm aiming for Closed HC. It definitely seems like the place to be.

Yeh, I was prepared for the lag, as I'm sure you know, it's the bane of Australian gamers everywhere :( I've seriously contemplated moving to Europe just for the internet speeds :P

The idea of an Ice Elf definitely appeals, particularly because the targeting on console makes it difficult to direct concentrated blasts. I'm glad to hear you've been able to get her that high.

What times do you usually play? It's great to see other Aussies playing, I really don't think Sacred got the exposure it deserves here, I am trying to convince friends to play but they're all addicted to something or another.

Glad to hear your considering PC. All in all yes Sacred 2 has some bugs. but at least on PC I was able to eliminate most of the ones that plagued me. And software patches have eliminated quite a few. Unfortunately on Console your stuck with what you have, or don't have like blacksmithing. All in all the PC experience is far more fulfilling that Console was. And HC rocks, it that makes you get really serious about staying alive above all else. frustrating sometimes and really rewarding others.

Yeh, this is what I would have replied to that comment. At least the PC version has patches! Not to mention I paid almost half the price for S2FA + IB than I did for the console version.

Nope. Console is softcore only. Framerate are unstable. Those loading icons. The bats you can't hit with a ranged weapon. No black Smith skill... the list goes on. Its a shame too because if consoles got all the patches and addon. It wouldst probably rock.
The only real advantage of the console version is being able to lay back in my comfy couch playing it on my large TV :P Edited by dreeft

The only real advantage of the console version is being able to lay back in my comfy couch playing it on my large TV :P

You can always connect your PC to your TV! I used to do that with WoW all the time.

Welcome dreeft,

Fellow aussie here. :P

Another aussie joins the fun :) Ive been dealing with the lag for a while too, and while its tough, the awesome community here helps get ya through it. I've found that as a general rule, most toons will do ok, but against bosses or large mobs who can pile up the damage on you before you see it because of the lag it can be tough...insta death after sudden mobbing is semi common for low defense skills. And also, rph wont work as well for us aussies as it will for them fellas in europe. It takes to long for the server to register a hit for us to rely on it as our sole means of regen, but it does work fairly well if you play around with it.

Anyway, I'm usually online on the weekends in the afternoons, and some weeknights, but its tough to fit in around uni, but if you see me pop in and say hi!

Hm, I've hit a bit of a stumbling block.

The installer gets up to graphics02.zip and errors with "An error occurred while trying to copy a file: The source file is corrupted."

This is a fairly major problem, because I don't know which of the individual .bin files is corrupted. Does anyone know of an program that will test them for me? I have looked around but I couldn't find anything.

I have contacted DLgamer, but I am pretty sure I'm going to have to download most of it again :):P

The installer gets up to graphics02.zip and errors with "An error occurred while trying to copy a file: The source file is corrupted."

This is a fairly major problem, because I don't know which of the individual .bin files is corrupted. Does anyone know of an program that will test them for me? I have looked around but I couldn't find anything.

I have contacted DLgamer, but I am pretty sure I'm going to have to download most of it again :sob::)

sorry for the late reply. :D I was hoping Schot would pop in to help here. I don't know which .bin is bad there. unfortunately everybodies internet and ISP creates variables to how successful a download can be.

If you have all your security off for the install. Virus-firewall etc is off, make sure UAC(user account contol) is off. and have restarted your computer and still getting an error, a re-download may be the only solution.

sorry for the late reply. :D I was hoping Schot would pop in to help here. I don't know which .bin is bad there. unfortunately everybodies internet and ISP creates variables to how successful a download can be.

If you have all your security off for the install. Virus-firewall etc is off, make sure UAC(user account contol) is off. and have restarted your computer and still getting an error, a re-download may be the only solution.

No problems, I am used to waiting for replies on forums with primarily international users :sob:

I definitely had all my miscellaneous applications closed and I was running the installer as admin. Several restarts. No luck. I even tried downloading the package I guessed it was failing on, but it then failed on the next file. There were likely multiple damaged parts.

I decided it was probably logical to just start re-downloading instead of trying to wait for a solution that would probably never come. I'm roughly 5gb down, so not too much longer :)

I have contacted DLgamer, but I am pretty sure I'm going to have to download most of it again :):D

Did you use their download manager? I found when I tried it a month or so ago it cut off one of the files and did not download the last 6 files. I had to go back and download each of the files manually.

Did you use their download manager? I found when I tried it a month or so ago it cut off one of the files and did not download the last 6 files. I had to go back and download each of the files manually.

Yeh, I saw your post about that. I will be sure to keep an eye on it. The file corruption occurred getting them with my own download client.

I am now using their download manager. I had it stop working on me this morning and when I tried to reload it gave me a connection error of some sort. Rebooted and tried it again and it seems to be moving.

*fingers crossed*

Awh dreeft. You must have been so disappointed. I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done about a currupt iso to my knowledge. The only suggestion I can offer is that when downloading such large files it's best to start it just before going to bed. Granted you've already started so; Good Luck!

Can anyone tell us what the file sizes of the iso's should be? That would be good info to have and check against for future downloaders. :D

Awh dreeft. You must have been so disappointed. I'm afraid there is nothing that can be done about a currupt iso to my knowledge. The only suggestion I can offer is that when downloading such large files it's best to start it just before going to bed. Granted you've already started so; Good Luck!

Can anyone tell us what the file sizes of the iso's should be? That would be good info to have and check against for future downloaders. :D

I'm pretty certain these are the file sizes. I used a command prompt to output the sizes, so they are in bytes. This means they will display slightly less in Windows Explorer (because 1024 bytes = 1kb) so I have included the KB value in brackets.

Sacred2 - Fallen Angel

1,163,663 bytes (1,137 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e.exe

498,836,224 bytes (487,145 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-1.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-3.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-4.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-5.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-6.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-7.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-8.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_ep8-9.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-2.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-10.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-11.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-12.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-13.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-14.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-15.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-16.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-17.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-18.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-19.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-20.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-21.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-22.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-23.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-24.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-25.bin

500,000,000 bytes (488,282 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-26.bin

161,689,436 bytes (157,900 KB) - Sacred2_FallenAngel_edsr_e-27.bin

Ice & Blood

438,623 bytes (429 KB) - Sacred2-IceAndBlood_edsr_e.exe

749,561,216 bytes (731,994 KB) - Sacred2-IceAndBlood_edsr_e-1.bin

577,767,882 bytes (564,227 KB) - Sacred2-IceAndBlood_edsr_e-2.bin

Edited by dreeft

Ah nice. Does this mean that you were able to finally complete a stable download? Thanx for the info dreeft. I saw that the Ice and Blood files are exactly the same size as my downloaded files. :D

Ah nice. Does this mean that you were able to finally complete a stable download? Thanx for the info dreeft. I saw that the Ice and Blood files are exactly the same size as my downloaded files. :D

Unfortunately not. This is based off my original download.

Every file said it completed successfully in my download manager, which leads me to believe the files are the correct size. The issue I had was that the client didn't move a selection of the files from their temp location. I assume these are the ones that were corrupted (that said, I downloaded a couple of replacements and still faced the same problem).