Shadow Warrior Nether Allegiance Boss Killer/Mob build

Hey guys!

I've got a fair bit of time opening up for me in the near horizon, and there's some builds I still haven't given a go yet. I want minions, lots and lots of minions that just go around chewing on everything.

Schot told me that the skeletons are slow.. I was thinking that if I level up in dense places like the Swamp...I could just run the Shadow Warrior hard and fast in circles in front of the skeletons, and then, when I've got half the swamp's monsters racing after me, reverse-circle right into my own pack of Skeletons which would tear the chasing mob to pieces while I flare out with my own Combat Arts.

Sound neat?

:D

• The SW would have to be able to take beats, cuz he'd be leading through the swamp while taking hits
  • He'd need a good multi hit to aid the skellies when they're massacring the mob of nasties that had pursued me back to the trap...what kind of weapon?
  • Are there Nether Allegiance builds here already posted that anyone can point me to that would be useful in this kind of envisioning for this build ?

Looking forward to getting back into the HC servers and hooking up with folks!

:)

gogo

p.s. Claudius, did you you have a Shadow Warrior build that I could use or slightly modify for something like this?

My only attempt into a shadow warrior. Was designed for a handicapped boy in the youth club of our second daughter:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/14096-variatio-delectat-the-different-astral-lord/

Can't remember really what she said, but I think you could play quite stationary, using the towers to annoy/attract some distant beasts and draw them into the kill zone. Or it was the other way around: straying undeads attracted distrant beasts and pulled them into the kill zone of the towers, perhaps both.

Our oldest played a hardrocker (same thread later posts) for fun, but she is a mouse acrobat and the build is not lazy , but stylish.

Hey Gogo, nice choice of build, one of my favourite for SWs. I got one like that at level 132 in HC long ago, when Ice&Blood was released.

It's very fun to play, and can be a good bosskiller too.

Here's the basic build I used, then feel free to do some changes ^^

Skills :

Concentration - 01

Astral Lore - 200

Astral Focus - 75

Tactic Lore - 5

Ranged Weapons - 75

Malevolent Champion Focus - 75

Combat Discipline - 75

Armor Lore - 75

Constitution - 200

Shield Lore (avoid attack speed malus) / Riding (Reduce penality on mount) / Combat Reflexes - 75

Mods :

(Buff 1) Neither allegiance 1a-2a-3b

Rallied Souls 1a-2a-3a (-> more minions :D)

Skeletal Fortification 1b-2a-3a

Spectral hand 1b-2b-3a

For me modding Shadow veil isn't usefull, especially if you want to play with someone else.

(Buff 2) Reflective Emanation 1b-2b-3b

Augmenting Guidon 1b-2a-3b (-> Will help your skellies)

Frenzied Rampage 1a-2a-3b

I was using a combo with Skeletal Fortification and Frenzied Rampage, it was great to get instant-recharge with reg. per hit.

As weapon the better in my opinion is a LL% shuriken with RpH and a good shield. You can also use bows or energetic weapon, but none of them have LL%. Also try to have 100% chances to hit for bosses, then you'll be sure to have RpH against every ennemy. :)

Oh, and, last note, don't forget to use Rallied souls on the battle field, then you'll get more minions :P

Have fun :)

Edited by Woody

" * The SW would have to be able to take beats, cuz he'd be leading through the swamp while taking hits"

Hey gogo! My <a href="http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/16926-general-claudius/">general claudius</a> was absolutely ripped defensively. Killspeed slower than elfs and dryad but this is a minion build. But with the astral gear I choose and the anneal smith arts + Shadow Warrior buffs/mods he couldn't really be hurt. I took him into the swamp and he stood tall against spiders, though I suppose it was possible to kill him if you agro too many spiders,,, which actually might not be a good thing to use minions in the swamp you'll have to try if they agro too much,,,,might wanna test in silver! He only used Shadow Veil against dragons and other things that drop legendaries but are themselves quite dangerous! The grim/Reflective Emanation buffs, constitution, high chest armor, spell resistance all important versus spiders. Watch out for eyes though! Those can kill anything...

* He'd need a good multi hit to aid the skellies when they're massacring the mob of nasties that had pursued me back to the trap...what kind of weapon?

My build used stars to recharge his skeletal fortifications, but I think you are looking to slash some swords around:) Lets take a look at my build

Constitution, spell resistance (for spiders), tactics (for your swords and grim res), malavelont or Death warrior (frenzied or demonic/scythe:))....is this sounding good so far? armor,, thats 5... astral focus (for Nether Allegiance and rallied soul)...

That leaves 4 slots open.. Dual wield or what not... ok 3 left? Toughness? Combat Discipline to que up more arts in combo? astral lore and skel forts (+ better rallied souls... this is a minion build, no?)

A couple of things I discovered #1 is that if Nether Allegiance is leveled to 200 (or high for level) it will not be possible to kill a skeleton. Therefore you don't have to worry about choosing a mod for the skeleton's protection. RE on skeleton is debatable..you either get the offensive reflect or extra defense to your toon (about +10 melee reflect which is quite a chunk). #2 the skeletal fortifications are great!, so you might want to put astral lore in as well? #3 the mod for more armor on rallied souls is the wrong one. They are fodder and its more important that your precious seconds casting raise more in the area than if you need to micro click each body.

My build has a video at the end of me farming the jungle :)

So here is a tentative suggestion not in order you take them..

1 constitution

2 armor

3 combat discipline

4 tactics

5 Sword, dual, hafted etc

6 Death warrior or Malevolent (maybe both but this is a minion build with support right?)

7 Astral Focus

8 Astral Lore (or if your not using fortifications and use not as good rallied soul.... then something else such as both malevolent and death warrior)

9 Concentration! (almost forgot that haha)

10 Spell resistance

* Are there Nether Allegiance builds here already posted that anyone can point me to that would be useful in this kind of envisioning for this build ?"

You might want to look at General Claudius build particularly the mod choices and gear section. Let me know if a question :)

Edit fix abreviations

Edited by claudius