A Refrigerator That Helps You Diet? LG Unveils High-Tech Smart Appliances

FdmNews

stumbleupon.pngdiggme.pngfb.jpglg-smart-refrigerator
LG-refrigerator-600.jpg

LG is paving the way for a new era in smart appliances. From a refrigerator that helps you diet and keeps track of your groceries, to a robot that vacuums via smartphone control, LG is giving the household a whole new tech makeover.

The company announced at the 2012 Consumer Electronics Show an array of new products to its Smart ThinQ appliance line. At the forefront of its new line is its refrigerator, which just got a lot smarter with a health manager feature that allows you to maintain your diet, send recipes to your smart oven and even keeps you posted when you run out of certain groceries.

The health manager also customizes family member profiles to cater to each person in the house and can be controlled by voice recognition.

Highlights from CES: A Refrigerator That Helps You Diet | Canon Unveils New Flagship PowerShot Camera, G1 X

The company also unveiled a fridge feature called Blast Chiller that can chill a bottle of wine in eight minutes. The refrigerator also features French doors, the largest of its kind on the market.

The refrigerator isn’t the only device getting an upgrade. LG also unveiled an ultra-fast, eco-friendly washing machine. The TurboWash also fits more clothes in fewer loads.

And not in the mood to vacuum? A new LG robot vacuum cleaner will clean up the house as you kick up your feet and relax on the couch while operating the device via a smartphone.

Would you upgrade your house with these high-tech devices? Which is the most compelling for your lifestyle? Let us know your thoughts in the comments.

For more coverage from 2012 Consumer Electronics Show, click here.

More About: CES, CES 2012, LG, smart appliance, trending

di
di

Mashable?i=l3OpTh7T7JQ:7DNyEel3qzM:D7DqB2pKExk Mashable?i=l3OpTh7T7JQ:7DNyEel3qzM:V_sGLiPBpWU Mashable?i=l3OpTh7T7JQ:7DNyEel3qzM:F7zBnMyn0Lo Mashable?d=qj6IDK7rITs Mashable?d=_e0tkf89iUM Mashable?i=l3OpTh7T7JQ:7DNyEel3qzM:gIN9vFwOqvQ Mashable?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Mashable?d=P0ZAIrC63Ok Mashable?d=I9og5sOYxJI Mashable?d=CC-BsrAYo0A Mashable?i=l3OpTh7T7JQ:7DNyEel3qzM:_cyp7NeR2Rw
l3OpTh7T7JQ

View the full article

Well I think I could disconnect it from internet even without a storm bending the radio antenna. But do I now have to put scanner code on every veg in my garden and on any animal I slaughter myself ;)

8 people, some have friends when playing in afternoon, would be a lot of learning for the fridge. And if I think of a morning desk:

Can you give me Nutella

I need the butter

Where is the milk

Which marmelade we have today

I have a new friend, he is allergic to Gluten, milk whatever, can I take him to lunch at saturday...

If the fridge considers each question as direced to it, schizaophrenia in a computer chip?

If the fridge considers each question as direced to it, schizaophrenia in a computer chip?

I think you're just story boarded an idea for the next big horror movie. I mean what else can talk to us...

bag of chips?

plate of food?

chocolate bar?

:Just_Cuz_21:

gogo

I'm afraid that I am well behind the technology curve here and don't possess, or even intend to buy any of these new-fangled gadgets. But then I do have a gadget that has served me very well for the last 50 odd years and makes gadgets like those redundent, it's called a brain and it allows people to think for themselves! Of course brains are not suitable for everyone as they can seriously interfere with their lifestyle, but I would recommend that everyone at least tries using one to see if it could replace all this 'essential technology' that will think for us.

OK, rant over. I'll leave you in peace while I practice shaking my walking stick for when I want to chase some danged kids off my lawn.