Questions for Demon Hunter Equipment

Hi.

I'm loving my Demon Hunter, but after around 3 hours play, I haven't had a hand crossbow drop. The damage limitation on the starting one is so low that I am going to have to swap to another weapon, which is a shame. I haven't seen any hand crossbows at the vendors either.

Has anyone had them drop as treasure or seen them sold somewhere ?

What are other DH players using after the first few lvls ?

The DH is a lot of fun, but I've died already ! Just as well I've started off in sc mode.

Look forward to any answers/advice.

Cheers,

Steve.

Ihand xbows are in game and will drop or can be bought at merchants. In Tristam, you have to go to the merchant nearest the northwest exit. I can get a screenshot if you're unsure of where I mean. In the very beginning of the game you cannot get to this guy as the mayor's cart blocks the path

Haven't played a DH yet, but gogo did during beta. Hopefully he can offer a few tips.

Edit: here's the merchant

merchant.jpg

Ihand xbows are in game and will drop or can be bought at merchants. In Tristam, you have to go to the merchant nearest the northwest exit. I can get a screenshot if you're unsure of where I mean. In the very beginning of the game you cannot get to this guy as the mayor's cart blocks the path

Haven't played a DH yet, but gogo did during beta. Hopefully he can offer a few tips.

merchant.jpg

Had two nice 1h xbows drop for my level 9 DH. One is rare 14.4dps, added lightning dmg and +4 experience

Other is 17.6dps with added lightning dmg and 1.1% converted to life. Also had a rare belt drop.

Only have 6% MF on this char too. Drops have been better than expected.

Hey, I just finished my first playtrough on normal with my DH, im in level 30's and dont worry, you will get plenty crossbows early on too, When a blue or gold dropped for anyone in the game they usually would give it to me, and they drop quite often, without barely any MF too. I upgraded my forging so I could make my own (available at level 16 I think) which I could remake till I got the stats I wanted. Used them till end of act 3 and I was mid 20's. Ended up using a bow with a quiver thing in the end though :) had more sockets and higher dmg. hehe.

PS: if you are EU servers, I can craft you a few of the 1h level 16 ones for you to use later, along with some other DH gear, just add me as a friend, tag is in the tag thread.

Edited by Erling

PS: if you are EU servers, I can craft you a few of the 1h level 16 ones for you to use later, along with some other DH gear, just add me as a friend, tag is in the tag thread.

Sweet! I'll be looking for you Erling, good man!

:)

gogo

Hey, I just finished my first playtrough on normal with my DH, im in level 30's and dont worry, you will get plenty crossbows early on too, When a blue or gold dropped for anyone in the game they usually would give it to me, and they drop quite often, without barely any MF too. I upgraded my forging so I could make my own (available at level 16 I think) which I could remake till I got the stats I wanted. Used them till end of act 3 and I was mid 20's. Ended up using a bow with a quiver thing in the end though :) had more sockets and higher dmg. hehe.

Hey there mate. I remember you from the first Sacred and met you many times in closed hc. Good to see you. :)

merchant.jpg

Thanks for that mate. I have visited that vendor, but just my luck that he had no 1h xbows. I'll go back and see if his stock has changed.

merchant.jpg

Obviously my level was too low, as that merchant has started to sell some nice weps now. I've upgraded twice with some very nice 1h xbows.

Many thanks for your help. :thumbsup: