Guild Wars 2 Stress Test - June 27th

The first Dynamic Event here, the Flame Legion Braziers caused countless deaths in BWE1. In fact, I am not sure we ever made it to the Flame Legion Shaman in BWE1.

The first Dynamic Event here, the Flame Legion Braziers caused countless deaths in BWE1. In fact, I am not sure we ever made it to the Flame Legion Shaman in BWE1.

I don't remember either, it was more than two months ago, but I do remember just like you that we died so many times, the Shaman one-shotted my Guardian. It looks like the "event scaling" has been fixed for this one; not every event yet (like you showed in previous videos), and it seemed like Kiy also had targeting problems in this part too.

Max

ya had massive targeting issues last beta ;.;

I could target a mob by clicking on it, but

couldn't attack unless I was touching it,

and first attack had to be an actual skill.

This beta was a struggle for me,but

Hopeful targeting and attacking will be fixed

and still really looking forward to playing.

In part 2 of the finale, both Kiyeri and I fall into shadow.

Edit:

And here is the crushing conclusion. Fear not, I made it mercifully short.

Once again, great videos!

I never thought you would record so much. Once again, I missed this finale, and it looks like it was not full of fun. I didn't expect you to get hit while reviving Kiy. I was close to my screen when I was watching the video, so I went like "woooohhh" when you got hit. I also didn't expect you to go melee for this kind of event. I was a bit suprised at first, but ended up doing pretty well. I'm happy you captured lots and lots of action. In the second vid, the second champion took so long to kill, you fast-forwarded the sequence, but how many minutes did it take to kill it? And lol at the 100k damage hit you took at the end, I never thought the damage could go up so high.

Max

I actually recorded the entire stress test. In the videos I posted, I tried to include all the important things.

The fight with the final griffin where I died lasted about 5 minutes. I pulled off melee with the first one because of the massive number of players. The second one (where I died) started out OK until we slowed started lossing people.

It was great to see some good underwater combat, I didn't play underwater a lot in the BWE. Great video!

Max

all excellent videos lujate! I'm even leant towards a mesmer as my first character! I love the sounds (except "heath, vigour, recovery" could be toned down a little - perhaps 1 in 3 times you charge healing?). But otherwise very nice gameplay!

(except "heath, vigour, recovery" could be toned down a little - perhaps 1 in 3 times you charge healing?)

The simple solution there is to get hit less than I do, which should not be hard. ;)

Seriously though... I love the Mesmer, but I am probably in the minority. I think most players think the Mesmer is OK, but profession X is so much better. The remainder are Mesmer fans who are howling about how god-awful the profession is right now. Some are even demanding a complete from-scratch re-write (which is ridiculous 6 weeks from launch). I just assume a lot of them are better players than I am, and they feel limited by the profession.

Here is the last vdieo I have from the Stress Test. This is the farthest south-east I have ever been in the Charr region.

gotta say the underwater is good AND is fast. the first time I had heard about Guild Wars having underwater scenes I kinda got dismayed...all that nose pinching...but hell no, this is Guild Wars... you get a breathing stone...nifty AND even underwater this company has the graphics going fast.

A great video Lujate, these days I'm actually looking forward to some vac time in a place where one life isn't all we get!

:D

gogo