The RWBY thread...

Well, after what was a long (in RWBY terms), action packed episode, we come down to this. And I have to admit, watching the four girls unpacking and redecorating their room was quite amusing, complete with 'Achievement Hunters' poster. Actually, watching Blake even get into it the way she did was also funny, given how she was initially so aloof only to see her cut loose in this episode. I figured the girls, save Weiss, would be fooling around during the class, but Ruby picking her nose in the end... wow. Also caught a little animation error during the classroom scene. The girls were wearing their school uniforms throughout the whole episode, yet in one instance they revert back to their normal clothing.

Y'know, we really ought to get more people watching this. >>

Yeah.. I know.. Been telling people to check it out. But... <shrugs> They don't seem to grok it..

Well, after what was a long (in RWBY terms), action packed episode, we come down to this. And I have to admit, watching the four girls unpacking and redecorating their room was quite amusing, complete with 'Achievement Hunters' poster. Actually, watching Blake even get into it the way she did was also funny, given how she was initially so aloof only to see her cut loose in this episode. I figured the girls, save Weiss, would be fooling around during the class, but Ruby picking her nose in the end... wow. Also caught a little animation error during the classroom scene. The girls were wearing their school uniforms throughout the whole episode, yet in one instance they revert back to their normal clothing.

Good catch.. I watched it on my craptastic tablet.. My bleeping PSU decided to let out the sacred blue smoke and called it quits about an hour or so before it was released. Good thing Roosterteeth have the video setup so Android users (and presumably iOS users) can view it without Flash being installed.

At any rate... I'll have to watch that episode again now that I've got that fixed.

Yeah, as much as I like talking to you and ryan wherever he may be now about this show... but it would be nice to have some fresh blood. Ah well. We just keep this thread up and maybe someone will take the bait. :P

Ouch. My condolences. At least you have backup, crappy as it may be. Most of the time I end up watching it on my tablet because I'm away from my PC too often, though even lately I'm having problems with it.

Well, no surprise the show is filled with some off animation errors given the fact they're being pushed out every week, though I mostly don't catch them. It's usually only after someone points them out that I find them.

Edited by Aegis

It's Thursday... And you guessed it.. it's RWBY day!

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=8109

Grr.. And at the stroke of 5pm... roosterteeth.com is seriously lagging.. Probably as the legion of fans are clustering to be the first on their block to watch the just released episode.. They really, really need bigger pipes..!

Good to see Weiss and Ruby actually get along for real at the end, especially after Weiss got knocked down a peg. :P

FINALLY got to see the episode at like 9:30 PM...

I dunno bout Weiss.. Is it just me, or did that seem to be a weee bit too easy?

I mean, I've known a few people like Weiss in my day and I'm here to tell you, a leopard doesn't change his spots. Certainly not that easily, and certainly not that quickly.

Also gotta wonder where Weiss got that coffee so quickly. And so late at night.

As a side note... Ospin's admission of making "more mistakes than any man woman or child" caught my attention.. Wondering exactly why he would say something like that. Getting the feeling there's more to it than just something to placate Ruby.

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough...

MORE Animation mistakes...

At the very end, after Weiss gives Ruby her coffee, and goes off - presumably to the head - Ruby has a mug full of coffee in hand and there's a second empty mug on the bed. During the last few seconds, as Ruby turns back onto her stomach, both the full mug and the empty mug vanish into thin air to be replaced by a pen in Ruby's hand.

Edited by wolfie2kX

Yes, Weiss' change was very quick, and under normal circumstances, people like those don't change for a while. With that being said, while it can go either way given this is a piece of animated fiction filled with all kinds of anime tropes, I still like it for the fact that Weiss got told for her spoiled attitude and ended up friendlier for it. ;p Certainly helps to see Ruby also taking her studies seriously, boosting Weiss' morale.

Did I mention Ozpin is my favorite character? ;p He's that much more of a magnificent Barsteward.

I'm sure the abruptness of Weiss' change likely had to do with the need to move the story along quickly. Keeping that sort of animosity might have had it's amusement value but that kind of friction does get old.

Yah.. I gotta love ol' Oz.. I still have a feeling there's more to that comment than meets the eye - so far, anyhow. Just the way the story has been moving so far - Monty doesn't seem to have his characters saying stuff that isn't necessary. Can't really do that given the length of most of the episodes thus far.

Also like the professor what's his name - Pulled Pork... The big guy who talked to Weiss...

Oh.. and one more thing... Found this on YouTube...

Very interesting lyrics - stuff that was only partly explored during the trailer version of Ruby's theme...

Gotta say - This Jeff Williams guy they got writing the score AND Casey Williams (assuming relation) are musical geniuses... There are so many variations on the Red Like Roses theme now, it's hard to keep track of them.

Father and daughter, in fact. And given this is a small studio they're working for, they are indeed great talents.

And I believe it's Porte... though Pulled Pork sounds equally appropriate, and a lot more edible.

So now we switch to Jaune this time around. Not too surprisingly, he's still a crappy fighter, and not too surprisingly, he gets pushed around. By the leader of CRDL, Cardin, no less. Given CRDL's thuggish appearance, also not surprised, even predicted they would be antagonists for the other teams. Length of episodes can be bothersome given the way they end and leave you hanging, but this one is bugging me the most thus far. A number of times episodes end at a point where, anywhere else, it would be considered an introduction. This one, though, felt worse than the rest. Ah well. Till next week.

PS: Bunny girls are cute.

Yeah.. He's still the 98 pound weakling.. but I have a feeling he will shape up eventually.. or get himself killed...

Then again, that would be bad form. You don't kill off your main characters especially if they're popular. Have a feeling that Cardin will get his just rewards soon enough..

Thinking bunny girl is a bit too young to be cute.. Still kind of interesting in seeing the sort of hybrid people they got over yonder.

Young bunny girls are especially cute. Just not made of awesome like ninja bunny girls.

And I definitely expect Jaune to finally grow a pair. The series so far hasn't been subtle in most of its plot. I don't consider it a bad thing, either, so long as I can still enjoy it. I expect great things from him down the road.

More Jaune development, and a not-so-surprising twist in that he cheated his way into Beacon. Next episode, more blackmail.

PS: Insecure he may be, but the fact that Pyrrha, the incredibly talented, incredibly HAWT star athlete wants to help him even after confessing he cheated means someone reeeeeeeally needs to hit him upside the head.

Er... Thinking he's already got enough brain damage..

As for him cheating - that would actually make perfect sense given his utter lack of readiness... Ruby may have gotten there 2 yrs ahead of schedule, but she was, at least, prepared and knew what to expect. Jaune - not so much.

Like when they were shot off the cliff... Ruby at least had a clue as to what to do. Jaune didn't seem to have the vaguest idea about what to expect - as if he never even went to the kind of school Ruby was going to back in the first episode.

On top of being clueless, he's also delusional if he thinks he doesn't need help. A wise man knows when to STFU and accept help and tutoring and whatever else to improve his skills. Especially when it comes from a smokin' hottie who's itching to spend some quality time with him...

He wants to be the hero.. Fine.. Take her help and build them skills and get with the program.

He should also take the old saying to heart... The one about "Behind every great man..."

Yes fans, it's THURSDAY! And that means a new episode of RWBY..!

And yes, fans, there's plenty of blackmail going on. Right up until... Well... I'll let you see it for yourself...

On the down side, it's another short episode with a cliffhanger just when stuff is about to get really interesting.. GAAAAH!

Yeah.. He grew a brass pair when he told 'em "no".. Thinking the guys will be wanting to give him a beating - but I think Red will come to the rescue somehow. Probably when she hears him screaming in agony.. I think Ruby's conversation with him was the turning point.

The real question - what will be the ramifications of it all? Will this get our bullies expelled? Or get them into serious trouble? Will Jaune be found out? and will he get expelled?

SO many burning questions..! Such short episodes...! GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! :cha (18):

As expected, beatings. Also figured Jaune would somehow grow an even bigger pair and kick a little butt. ;p How he did it, though, that one is a little more interesting. It has been suggested that aura's come in variety, now we officially have labels for them. Ruby with speed, Weiss with glyphs, Pyrrha with polarity (thus her assist in the end to help Jaune kill that Ursa by moving his shield). Jaune's aura has not only given him healing, but also gave him a kind of armor, one which blocked Cardin's fist. Seeing as no one else knew of Pyrrha's assist, it made Jaune look all the more cool in Cardin's eyes after Jaune saved his life. Short episode as usual, but a nice way to end his arc.

Also nice to see Weiss still get annoyed with Ruby; just because she's friendlier to her doesn't mean she should be completely nice. :P

Yeah... She's got the mega hots for him... Nice of him to actually have a spine and actually kick some arse - even if it wasn't entirely his doing.

LIke how the romance (yes, it's gonna go there one of these years) between the two is starting to get off on the right track. Good episode overall.

Oh.. And one more thought... That polarity thing - not thinking it has much to do with magnetism exactly... Thinking it's the soul thing they went thru a few episodes back... Yes.. I'm gonna say it.. Jaune and Pyrrah are SOUL MATES..

Edited by wolfie2kX

Good news and bad news fans...!

The Bad news first. No RWBY this next week.

Now the good news... Seems they're rolling up the last 4 episodes of season 1 up into one BIG release the week after. More details can be found here.

Great news. In fact, given how frustrating it is in order to immerse myself into an episode due to its short length, I welcome the break, and don't even mind if they take such breaks more often.