Recomended Change - Divide Bengaresh Desert into sub sections.

All the Bengaresh talk is moved here in this topic now! 50+ posts guys. Whew! Didn't realize how much we had talked about this already until I had to go and select each post, lol.

Ok, I understand what's being said but I'm not understanding why. What will the purpose of these new pages be? Can we not put all the leftover bits of Begaresh on the Bengaresh Desert page? My feeling presently is that we should use region pages to catch all the stuff not within a place name.

Thoughts?! polling.gif

There are a lot of quests and points of interests in the Bangaresh Desert that are not associated with a specific local place. I believe that every quest should eventually be listed on a places page that is easy for the player to find. There are quests that aren't listed on any places page and it gets confusing.

I do not like the idea of listing those quests on the reagion pages, because there are so many of them in a large region and I believe it would get really confusing for the reader.

Let's see if we can pool those missing bits in this topic I'll have a run through the un-named desert areas to get a sense of just how many quests there are out there. We can start building a list here and then see what to do.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:The_Red_River

Is probably one of the best examples. In game, Bengaresh Thresshold covers the road between Teardrop Hamlet and Khorum. All of the NPCs on that list are found farther east as are those located in the oasis on the far side of that northern border area for the main quest that I haven't managed to get links up for.

Assim in http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Throne_of_Conflict is listed as being in Badawi but isn't actually located in Badawi he is off to the west a short ways.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Andreas_Muller does not currently appear on any places page.

I haven't had a chance yet to check all the epic office employees, but I suspect many of them are not affiliated with any places page.

That is what I can come up with from what I've found so far, in the last few days.

Edited by Ysne58

Ok, good start. I think we may rename that page. To an Oasis or somesuch. I'll see what the NPCs say of it. Maybe they have a name for it.

I haven't seen any names for any of those locations on the northern border for Bengaresh.

Jungle --

ok, there already is an eastern Jungle area -- there is a temple of the gods that should be added and at least two quests along the river if I remember correctly.

North Jungle

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Ralph_Roder Is located in a cave along that northern border -- I put him in Na Fian when I was going through and making sure there were descriptions on how to find these guys, but he is actually not in Na'Fian.

edit: I seem to remember encountering a major boss along there that doesn't show up on the interactive map.

Edited by Ysne58

Yup, this is a case of making our own names. I did not create the "Central Bengaresh Desert" name but there are a handful of places that I named myself because the game was not providing one. I had started doing that in Tyr Lysia but I think I may have gotten tired of creating place names by the time I got to the desert. In fact there may be a lot. The solution here isn't so much to create North East South West sub sections but rather to specifically name the points of interest as places. This would be based on quest and NPC supplied information. For example. I just did "The Number of the Beetles" quest in Bengaresh. The quest giver, Old Bedouian, was standing inside a fenced lodge of sorts with some animal pens and whatnot. From the quest info I gather he's a farmer. So off the top of my head I might call that point of interest "Old Bedouian Stead".

I don't want anyone to creat new place pages yet. So please don't jump ahead. What I would like to do first is use the region pages to start gathering what quests and NPCs don't have places yet. The region pages were never given a purpose and were thrown up rather quickly. Now is a good time to make use of those pages and create a layout for them. After we've gathered the info then we can start branching out and possibly creating new places. First we need lists!

Lets start the list here. What we'll need is the name of the NPC if there is one and a picture of where it is. If it's just a location then a description and picture will do.

I nominate the camp/oasis just southeast of Khorum for Prince's Retreat. This is where the shadow campaign player goes to meet the prince after getting the baskilisk eyes and there are two other quests here.

post-3093-0-85739500-1377571126.jpg

post-3093-0-57156800-1377571132.jpg

Edited by Ysne58

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Central_Bengaresh_Desert

I have no idea where exactly in game to find any of the quests listed on this page -- Once I start looking at actual quests, I'll be able to fill that in better.

Nice start.. BUT...

There's a BUNCH of NPCs in the area that are missing..

1.) The guy and the girl who luv each other and her father who sends hit squads after you for daring to unite them.

2.) The priest who gives you clean water for the temple

3.) The translator guy from the chain quest involving the gal from Turbak.

4.) The mummy king dude, and his entourage and his crypt at the end of the same quest chain.

5.) The Harpy Queen involved in the quest from East Turbak AKA The Harpy Queen

6.) The guy near the merchant who sends you up to the cave to capture the ghost to fight in the bottle. This chain originates in Thaurm...

7.) Moving further east, IIRC, you're missing the guy in the same tent complex - the object of the Decisions quest.

And there's probably a few more I've forgotten... and probably a few more on the shadow path.

I know.. You just got the page started.. Hopefully the list will help..

@ Schot: You see, there ARE a lot of things going on in the region - and breaking it down into smaller bits makes it easier to digest. It's like a nice steak. You can't eat the whole thing all in one bite, you need to cut it into nice, bite size bits and savor each one.

Edited by wolfie2kX

I have no idea where exactly in game to find any of the quests listed on this page -- Once I start looking at actual quests, I'll be able to fill that in better.

Nice start.. BUT...

1.) The guy and the girl who luv each other and her father who sends hit squads after you for daring to unite them.

4.) The mummy king dude, and his entourage and his crypt at the end of the same quest chain.

6.) The guy near the merchant who sends you up to the cave to capture the ghost to fight in the bottle. This chain originates in Thaurm...

And there's probably a few more I've forgotten... and probably a few more on the shadow path.

I know.. You just got the page started.. Hopefully the list will help

I have not done anything with that page -- I think I really like Schot's idea better and come up with names for the specific places that have things going on.

That does mean getting rid of that page I think.

Ok, the oasis/camp that lies to the east of the main entry to the desert along the main campaign -- "_______ rest"

There are differences between what the iight campaign player and the shadow campaign player will find here.

In Tyr Lysia -- name that farm where you find employee Janos Toth == if I remember correctly there is a quest there from the farmer who owns that -- so name it "_______' Farm" possibliy.

I nominate the camp/oasis just southeast of Khorum for Prince's Retreat. This is where the shadow campaign player goes to meet the prince after getting the baskilisk eyes and there are two other quests here.

Kinda fun once you get going eh! :D

Nice start.. BUT...

7.) Moving further east, IIRC, you're missing the guy in the same tent complex - the object of the Decisions quest.

I know.. You just got the page started.. Hopefully the list will help..

@ Schot: You see, there ARE a lot of things going on in the region - and breaking it down into smaller bits makes it easier to digest. It's like a nice steak. You can't eat the whole thing all in one bite, you need to cut it into nice, bite size bits and savor each one.

I'm beginning to see that! Heh. Thanx for the list wolfie. I can see that we certainly need more places. But I think we'll probably end up making smaller more local place pages as opposed to sub sections of the region. I do get/understand the efficiency of region sub sections but localized place pages will serve as good a purpose and, more importantly, will be more fun to create and host.

This is hard work though. Naming new places come under a strict criteria. We can't create a place name at random and then find out later that an NPC refers to that same place with a specific name. So for whatever place someone decides to name that person needs to run an indepth investigation of the place. Referring to all quests and NPCs associated with that place. In addition. Use words that make sense for the region. In the Desert we see Tribes, Oasis, grotto=cave, Caravan etc... Try searching words relevant to a desert or using Thesaurus.com. Be creative but also as accurate to the place as possible. Try using at least one simple english word with a creative and even uncommonly understood word. For example, that cave in the desert that has a constant wind of sand dust coming out from it. The Harpy Queen's cave I think? It could be called Harpy's Grotto or Sirocco of the Queen. Something like that.

So nominate names as you wish! More than one suggestion is fine per place. But that place has to have enough game significance to be given a place name. It should at least have an Epic Office NPC or a quest associated to it. Have fun!

Oh and let's focus just on Bengaresh for now. My brain can only handle so much, lol.

I will come back to this in a week or so. I'm working on Ancaria's Dark Lord achievement at the moment an am up to Dyr Lain. Once I've finished that I can start seriously looking at the quests in Bengaresh.

Another possibility for that oasis/camp to the east of the tunnel entrance on the northern border:

Lizardman's Respite. He goes there after his role in the Light Campaign is finished. However he isn't there on the shadow campaign.

My Light Campaign and Shadow Campaign are now in Badawi. As soon as each arrived there the revealed map expanded to just beyond the portal in Badawi.

Assim is definitely not in Badawi according to what the map revealed.

I do recommend that we come up with a location name for Assim's location and include the monolith icon on that page -- perhaps have the word Alchemy included since he is an Alchemist..

The revealed map shows 3 quests for Light and 5 for shadow. So I'll be spending time checking those 5 quests. There are only 2 quests listed on the places page at the moment.

Just ran across something while doing quests that might have a bearing on this topic. I was doing the Corn Circles Quest and got to the point where I talk to the soldier. Now he is a good distance north of Benny's Crop Circles. He's in that gray area of where to place him on a places page.

Then I simply happened to mouse over a road sign. And saw something I never knew was there :o

Old Dwarven Pass

dwarvenpass_zps6ba5fd6a.jpg

How I never saw this..I don't know....but I have to ask...has anyone gone around the desert and see if there are some road signs pointing to these areas and already have a name? I would have never guessed it myself for the area I 'discovered'

• Like! 1

Thanks for that suggestion Knuckles. I will do that next time I'm in game. I have two and 1/2 quests left to check out in Badawi before I start editing that page yet. (1 that light has played but not yet shadow is the half).

I did get the quests and quest givers added to the Badawi page. Once all the involved in characters get added, there will be quite a few more NPCs on that list.

Several of those quests take the player back into the Bengaresh Threshold. I'm not sure how those will get added in either. Knuckles and wolfie have a lot more experience actually creating quest and npc pages than I do.