Idea to make the endgame more fun

Can specific bosses be tweaked to drop specific items? I beat the Nameless Guardian for the millionth time, and watched the video for a millionth time, and thought "man, this is starting to lose its snap a little bit"when an idea came to me. What if the Nameless Guardian dropped a few pieces of character-specific armor that you can't get anywhere else in game? The thing with this, though, is you can't just beat him over and over again on silver to eventually get the full suit, because beating the guardian on the same difficulty setting only earns you the same pieces of armor over and over. So, you beat the guardian on silver to get a few pieces, then on gold to get a few different pieces, etc. I have no idea if that could even be done, nor do I have any idea the amount of work that entails, but I think that would be hot stuff if it could be pulled off.

• Like! 1

Only thing is... by the time you get to niob, the silver pieces wont be of any interest anymore

what this idea "needs" is am option that would enable your gear "grow" with you,

then this would become absolutely awesome

But then, we're talking of another game here... Sacred (sadly IMHO) doesn't do that

cheers

Hit any user to continue.

True, unless silver armor in this specific instance was as strong as niob, but that would kind of be lame too. I scrap this idea. Instead, I wonder if new end videos could be added, so each character has a personalized one instead of just the general light "you just smashed the t energy console" ending and the shadow "Ancaria now trembles" one.

Speaking of armor that grows with you, you wanna hear something silly? I first picked up Sacred 2 for X Box. Back then, I didn't have a HDTV, so I couldn't really read armor and weapon stats. I was told not to swap my level 15 set items for level 30 ones, because armor grows with you, so in time the level 15s would be stronger than the 30s. Ahhh, my early days of Sacred 2......

Actually you could fix the growth issue by making the full set give bonuses to offset the weakness of the lower items

true, that

but then the set bonuses must realy be an epic upgrade for each step

So, we have 7 to 9 total set parts ( depends on char class ),

divide by 3 dif.levels = (2 or 3) from silver, (2 or 3) from gold and 3 from plat end bosses

so every 2 - 3 set parts would have to give balanced perks to make it worth keeping/using

This is an option, and actually the only hard part to do is finding a good perk balance

A thing to keep in mind / check in-game:

The perks have to be on par and in balance, with whatever the game drops at that given dif.level

for example: you just finished gold and play a seraphim, you have 3 parts from silver

and now you got another 3 parts from the gold bosses

The perks for wearing 6 parts of said armor must balance to the mid-plat drops

Another option would be to use percentagews for the perks.

In that case, as you grow, so do the actual boni values

Hmmm... any takers for this project ?

Cpu says you should not start those boring office programs anymore.

Yea or a % per level to increase armor/protections as you get to higher difficulties. It shouldn't be hard to find a good curve to follow through 200

Edited by Veracious

Yeah thats the thing, thats why I said "sadly Sacred 2 doesn't do that"

because AFAIK there is no % per level (growth) modifier

But there are +% to all your stats, skills, attack, defense, armor ... etc.

So, as your base numbers grow, those will get affected by those +% mods

Anyway it takes some time to invest and investigate to balance this out

cheers

Wasn't it called 'path of glory' instead of 'path of gory'?

Edited by tom.morrow