Sign in to follow this  
chattius

What was in your boots today?

chattius    745

Decembre the 5th at evening kids are placing their boots before the door. Saint Nikolaus will fill them with nuts, fruits and small presents. So at morning of Decembre the 6th kids are curious what he placed in their boots.

I am an old child and I placed my biggest boots too: 2 candles and a good bottle of wine was in...

• Like 3

gogoblender    1,502
9 hours ago, chattius said:

Decembre the 5th at evening kids are placing their boots before the door. Saint Nikolaus will fill them with nuts, fruits and small presents. So at morning of Decembre the 6th kids are curious what he placed in their boots.

I am an old child and I placed my biggest boots too: 2 candles and a good bottle of wine was in...

An awesome tradition!!

I knew that threr'es  fantastic tradition for christmas cominng from Europe, always pleased to read what you and your family are doing during the festive times...

do bigger boots mean more bling?

:D

gogo

Dragon Brother    412
1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

do bigger boots mean more bling?

Seems fair to me ;)

Nothing in my shoes though except my feet unfortunately, a nice bottle of something might not have gone astray!

• Haha 1

chattius    745

Well, if one of my kids was so smart to place riding boots, most of the filling will be oranges and walnuts ;)

It was not before Luther that presents were given at X-Mas. It was December the 6th when Saint Nicholaus (270-343ad)  died. He was rumoured to throw gifts through a window of people in needs. Luther didn't like the idea of honouring saints so it was moved to 24th, and the child of X-Mas became the gift bringer.

But the idea of Saint Nicholas never died, and from Dutch people it was brought to America, where its name changed to SANTA niChoLAUS and arrived at 24th and not 6th. And then Coca Cola decided to paint him red... But that's another story.

• Like 1

gogoblender    1,502
18 hours ago, chattius said:

Well, if one of my kids was so smart to place riding boots, most of the filling will be oranges and walnuts ;)

It was not before Luther that presents were given at X-Mas. It was December the 6th when Saint Nicholaus (270-343ad)  died. He was rumoured to throw gifts through a window of people in needs. Luther didn't like the idea of honouring saints so it was moved to 24th, and the child of X-Mas became the gift bringer.

But the idea of Saint Nicholas never died, and from Dutch people it was brought to America, where its name changed to SANTA niChoLAUS and arrived at 24th and not 6th. And then Coca Cola decided to paint him red... But that's another story.

lol

careful chattius...

one day one of them may weave a huge and mighty boot!

:lol:

gogo