Console Background Image

Try the attached files. These are the D2F version that make the font darker red and remove the glow.

Or, now that you know the file names, you may edit them yourself, they should be placed in the game's "system" folder.

It was actually red in CM 1.50 and previous, for this very reason, but I did not know that fact until well after releasing 1.60 where I reverted it to vanilla.  There were random users complaining about how much they hated the red font (it's also used in the startup splash screen), and I had no justification for it at the time.

Font.tga

Font2.tga

glowFont.tga

Thx @Flix for trying to help, but I think we are not on the same page. I tried the new font, and while it is more readable, its like putting a bandaid on a multifraction shattered bone. I also have to agree that the red font is "abysmal". Its even worse than the orange one, and I thought that wasnt possible.

The best solution is to make the background black. Which is why I need the directory for the image, since you know, the image has to exist somewhere as an image. And its clearly possible to change it, since the CP did it. Most people here are casual modders, modders or programmers, which means most of our work is done by using our eyes. The more we support our eyes, the more work we get done.

So I am still looking for the directory of the image.

19 minutes ago, Flix said:

You mean that image of the blue Ascaron logo with the green CM check mark in the middle?  That's also in the system folder. console.tga

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot quite, but we are getting closer. I checked console.tga but it only contains the actual logo. Im 100% sure that there must be another image which actually produces the black stripe at the bottom, which incidently also fills the whole console. How do I know this ? .43 had a perfect black background.

Edit: hold your horses, I think I got it.

Edited by Charon117