Sacred 2 Combat Art Modifications Revealed

Inquisitor also finished, didn't realize, that only he was left :D

Now I want to gather information on all the different tokens, as I am not sure with many of them, how they actually work. I think I will make a list of them in the wiki and let you help me with it :lol:

When that is done we can correct my many mistakes and even add the combat art mechanics with the actual values, which are not shown in the in-game tooltips :)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for doing this pugi, it's really nice to know what the various mods actually do now.

:D

Now I want to gather information on all the different tokens, as I am not sure with many of them, how they actually work. I think I will make a list of them in the wiki and let you help me with it :lol:

Tokens? Do you mean CA runes?

No, I ment the tokes in the spells.txt in ...\Sacred 2\scripts\shared.

In there are all the (hopefully correct) values of all combat arts and stuff.

Let me take you TG and the CA Dedicated Blow (Schöpfungsschlag in german):

mgr.defineSpell( "tw_cc_schoepfungsschlag", {
eiStateName = "cHardhitSchoepfungsschlag",
fxTypeCast = "FX_TW_SCHOEPFUNGSSCHLAG_C",
fxTypeSpell = "FX_TW_SCHOEPFUNGSSCHLAG",
duration = 0.000000,
animType = "ANIM_TYPE_SM04",
animTypeApproach = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
animTypeRide = "ANIM_TYPE_INVALID",
animTypeSpecial = "ANIM_TYPE_RIDESM04-SPECIAL",
causesSpellDamage = 0,
tokens = {
	entry0 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 1200, 2, 0, 9 },
	entry1 = {"et_baseAW", 200, 350, 0, 5 },
	entry2 = {"et_damage_any_rel", 400, 100, 0, 5 },
	entry3 = {"et_physical_to_best", 500, 50, 0, 5 },
	entry4 = {"et_physical_to_best", 500, 50, 1, 5 },
	entry5 = {"et_chance_stun", 200, 2, 2, 133 },
	entry6 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 200, 1, 3, 5 },
	entry7 = {"et_chance_surehit", 150, 0, 4, 5 },
	entry8 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 200, 1, 5, 9 },
	entry9 = {"et_chance_deepwound", 200, 1, 6, 5 },
},
fightDistance = 45.000000,
aspect = "EA_TW_CLOSECOMBAT",
cooldown = 0.000000,
soundProfile = 0,
cost_level = 175,
cost_base = 350,
focus_skill_name = "skill_TW_closecombat_focus",
lore_skill_name = "skill_tactics_lore",
spellClass = "cSpellSMove",
spellcontroltype = "eCAtype_a_weapon_attack",
sorting_rank = 1,
})

The interesting stuff is the tokens = ...

The first value is the token name, the second the inital value, the third the rise of the second per CA level, the fourth is 0 for all default stuff and 1-6 for the 6 modifications. With the fifth value I am not sure myself, but seems to depend on the first value.

The second and third values are mostly divided by 10 for the must stuff or 100/1000 for duration.

entry0 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 1200, 2, 0, 9 },

I guess this value/1000 is added to the weapon damage multiplier, so it would be 2.202x the weapon damage at CA level 1 and so on.

entry1 = {"et_baseAW", 200, 350, 0, 5 },

The attack value (Angriffswert) is increased by 20 + 35 per CA level. Flat increase, pretty sure.

entry2 = {"et_damage_any_rel", 400, 100, 0, 5 },

The damage of all types is increased by 40% + 10% per CA level (rel = relative). I suppose it is added to +x% y damage from items, not sure.

50% + 5% per CA level conversion of physical damage to least resisted (=best) damage type.

That were the default tokens, now the modifiers:

Same as above, but now conversion will be 110% at level 1... will it cap at 100%, will the damage rise by 10% or is it both 5% + 0.5% per CA level?

entry5 = {"et_chance_stun", 200, 2, 2, 133 },

20% + 0.2% per CA level chance to stun, that one is easy :lol:.

entry6 = {"et_chance_criticalhit", 200, 1, 3, 5 },

20% + 0.1% per CA level chance of critical hit, also easy.

entry7 = {"et_chance_surehit", 150, 0, 4, 5 },

15% chance of sure hit at all levels.

entry8 = {"et_mult_weapondamage", 200, 1, 5, 9 },

another 0.2 + 0.001 per CA level to the damage multiplier. I wrote 16.7% increased damage in the wiki, because 200/1200 = 0.166...

It won't be always 16.7% at all levels, because the "increase per level / initial value" ratio is not equal. So it would be: 16.7% at level 1, 17.2% at level 10, 21.4% at level 100...

entry9 = {"et_chance_deepwound", 200, 1, 6, 5 },

This chance stuff is really easy :D

That was it for that skill, but other skills have modifiers more difficult to understand.

50% + 5% per CA level conversion of physical damage to least resisted (=best) damage type.

That were the default tokens, now the modifiers:

Same as above, but now conversion will be 110% at level 1... will it cap at 100%, will the damage rise by 10% or is it both 5% + 0.5% per CA level?

IIRC, the base damage conversion is ~35% without any mods, which is 1- (1/(1+damage conversion from token)) = 1 - (1/(1+0.5+0.05)).

Taking the conversion mod (1a) ups that to ~50% = 1 - (1/(1+0.5+0.05+0.5+0.05)). I can't remember what my TG's Dedicated Blow is, but IIRC it's in the mid-teens & the damage conversion is ~70%, which agrees with the above formula. Extrapolating, at level 80 the damage conversion should hit 90%, level 180 would give 95% conversion, level 400 would give 97.6% conversion & to get 99% conversion you'd need to hit level 1000...

*cough*

Any harder TG (since I mainly play the TG) ones?

Edit: I'm at work at the moment, so I don't have access to any of the files.

Okay, thanks :)

Some others, which you probably cannot find out about at work:

Deathly Spears:

entry6 = {"et_wounded_rage_ut", 800, 40, 2, 5 },

At a few skills there is the token wounded_rage (like Inquisitor's Purifying Chastisement buff), but without the _ut. Any idea, what is the difference? :D

Combat Alert:

entry4 = {"et_CC_AWboost_rel", 400, 100, 0, 41 },

entry5 = {"et_AWboost_rel", 200, 50, 1, 41 },

I think CC stands for close combat, so you get 40% + 10%*level only to melee attack value and 20% + 5%*level to all attack value, including ranged?

entry8 = {"et_life_regen", 40, 40, 4, 41 },

Is life regen 4hp/s or 4%hp/s?

Jolting Touch:

entry3 = {"et_chance_debuff_root", 1000, 5, 0, 5 },

Is there some way that enemies can reduce your chance to escape rooting spells? (100% + 0.5% per level)

entry5 = {"et_energy_leech_once", 50, 0, 0, 9 },

entry9 = {"et_energy_leech_once", 20, 1, 4, 9 },

This is the CA regeneration stuff... 5% (7% with mod) of the max time recharged per hit?

entry7 = {"et_life_leech", 50, 30, 2, 9 },

I think life_leech is percentage based... 5hp + 3hp per level would be pretty useless later on

entry10 = {"et_damping_any_st", 250, 5, 5, 41 },

In some CA it is damping_any (SE Divine Protection, IN Purifying Chastisement, TG T-Energy Shroud), in some it is damping_any_st (SW Ruinous Onslaught, TG Archimedes Beam, this). st might stand for static, but what is the difference?

Primal Mutation:

entry7 = {"et_debuff_stats", 100, 2, 4, 42 },

entry9 = {"et_debuff_stats", 100, 2, 6, 42 },

Pretty sure, that this is 10% + 0.2% per level each. But do the enemies have 0 for all stats at CA level 200? Does 0 Vitality mean 0 HP = dead? :lol:

Charged Grid:

entry1 = {"et_life_heal_hp", 20, 30, 0, 9 },

entry5 = {"et_life_heal_hp", 10, 15, 1, 9 },

entry7 = {"et_life_heal_hp", 10, 15, 3, 9 },

I think this is flat hp healed, as there exists et_life_heal_rel (used for Jolting Touch).

That's it for the TG.

Some others, which you probably cannot find out about at work:

Deathly Spears:

entry6 = {"et_wounded_rage_ut", 800, 40, 2, 5 },

At a few skills there is the token wounded_rage (like Inquisitor's Purifying Chastisement buff), but without the _ut. Any idea, what is the difference? :D

Might be the damage bonus (a %?) & the minimum health required to hit that.

Combat Alert:

entry4 = {"et_CC_AWboost_rel", 400, 100, 0, 41 },

entry5 = {"et_AWboost_rel", 200, 50, 1, 41 },

I think CC stands for close combat, so you get 40% + 10%*level only to melee attack value and 20% + 5%*level to all attack value, including ranged?

Yes, Combat Alert gives +50% attack at level 1, then +10% per level, but that only affects melee. The attack mod (1a) affects ranged & melee.

entry8 = {"et_life_regen", 40, 40, 4, 41 },

Is life regen 4hp/s or 4%hp/s?

4hp/s, it scales with CA level, not character level.

Jolting Touch:

entry3 = {"et_chance_debuff_root", 1000, 5, 0, 5 },

Is there some way that enemies can reduce your chance to escape rooting spells? (100% + 0.5% per level)

I think that just means that you're guaranteed to be able to move if rooted.

entry5 = {"et_energy_leech_once", 50, 0, 0, 9 },

entry9 = {"et_energy_leech_once", 20, 1, 4, 9 },

This is the CA regeneration stuff... 5% (7% with mod) of the max time recharged per hit?

Probably, I've not really used it.

entry7 = {"et_life_leech", 50, 30, 2, 9 },

I think life_leech is percentage based... 5hp + 3hp per level would be pretty useless later on

Probably not, since 5% + 3% per level would be way too over powered at all levels, especially later on.

entry10 = {"et_damping_any_st", 250, 5, 5, 41 },

In some CA it is damping_any (SE Divine Protection, IN Purifying Chastisement, TG T-Energy Shroud), in some it is damping_any_st (SW Ruinous Onslaught, TG Archimedes Beam, this). st might stand for static, but what is the difference?

Not sure. I know for Archimedes Beam you get ~15% damage mitigation (by element, so 15% fire mitigation, etc). Might it possibly determine whether the mod appears as a single line in the sigma tooltip or split by element? Although that seems a bit odd to have a different mod just for that difference.

*thinks*

T-energy Shroud reduces damage taken by an absolute number (eg, -4, not -4%), but Archimedes Beam gives a %. 'S the only difference I can think of.

Primal Mutation:

entry7 = {"et_debuff_stats", 100, 2, 4, 42 },

entry9 = {"et_debuff_stats", 100, 2, 6, 42 },

Pretty sure, that this is 10% + 0.2% per level each. But do the enemies have 0 for all stats at CA level 200? Does 0 Vitality mean 0 HP = dead? :lol:

Don't know, it would be something to try out in Open with SC characters & see what your stats get reduced to.

Charged Grid:

entry1 = {"et_life_heal_hp", 20, 30, 0, 9 },

entry5 = {"et_life_heal_hp", 10, 15, 1, 9 },

entry7 = {"et_life_heal_hp", 10, 15, 3, 9 },

I think this is flat hp healed, as there exists et_life_heal_rel (used for Jolting Touch).

Yes, Charged Grid heals +x HP per pulse.

I just tried life leech with my Inquisitor, with Ruthless Mutilation:

entry7 = {"et_life_leech", 20, 10, 3, 9 },

This would mean 2hp + 1hp per CA level leeched. Here are my results (no other items/skills with life-leech):

1: 6

2: ? (no items with +1 CA)

3: 11

4: 13

5: 15

6: 18

7: 20

8: 23

9: 25

10: 28

11: 30

12: 32

13: 34

14: 36

15: 39

16: 41

But that is approx. 3hp + 2.5hp per CA level (at the higher levels this formula is a little bit off)

So either the values in the spells.txt are not always correct, which would be bad, or the life leech is modified by some stuff...

I tried activating/deactivating Purifying Chastisement and Soul Reaver, but there were no differences...

But enough mechanics testing this year, I am going to have some fun now :D

Grumble grumble

The Cobal Strike is corrected wrong. Strangely enough the chance does not increase, the 1 in the second value indicates the number of jumps. The +0.1% per CA level entry is redundant.

I am pretty sure Lore skills modify more then the obvious -> this includes HP regens and leeches. Perhaps that is why your formula goes off at high levels, lore skill kicks in?

Sadly I god 6 exams coming my way starting from the 12th. I will be inactive, but keeping an eye on the recent changes in the wiki. I promise ;)

Yeah, for many of these entries there was guessing involved... But I now made a list with all the different tokens for the combat arts in spells.txt and tried to figure out what each entry means.

I'll upload it as a new wiki page, but I am still not sure which name to choose for it :)

You are all free to add or correct stuff, but please don't guess yourself. Best way for the most of the testing would be creating new characters and keep feeding them with runes and writing the values down from level 1 to 20 or something like that.

I wrote my testing results after the token names for the stuff I found out. For tokens I couldn't find correct data I wrote the combat arts name behind, but in german, so you can search for them in the spells.txt (and less work for me :P).

I'll edit this post, when I uploaded the data to the wiki with a link to it.

Edit:

Page has been added as Tokens

Edited by pugi

Kaballah just noticed the following about Battle Stance Seraphim buff:

Retaliation - Small chance to reflect close combat damage. (20% + 2% per CA level chance)

That can't be right, it must be like 0,1-0,2% per CA level, which is confirmed in-game. Could anyone check it out?

edit: Just checked it in-game, it went up by 0,1%.

Edited by Antitrust

I know about the reflection and block problems... doesn't make any sense to me :)

I tested it a few days ago with my Shadow Warrior with Reflective Emanation.

It has {"et_chance_reflect_xxx", 200, 20, 0, 41 },

So I thought 20% + 2% per CA level. I wrote down level 1-6 values:

1: 20.1%

2: 21.2%

3: 22.6%

4: 23.7%

5: 24.8%

6: 26.0%

These values were independed of other items...

Neither the (x+y*calvl)/10 or the 1-1/(1+(x+y*calvl)/1000) formula fits.

I also had problems with the Grim Resilience buff.

Life added:

entry0 = {"et_life_buff", 250, 250, 0, 9 },

entry2 = {"et_life_buff", 125, 125, 1, 9 },

Willpower added:

entry1 = {"et_addattr_willpower", 100, 50, 0, 41 },

So it should be 37.5 + 37.5 per CA level and 10 + 5 Willpower per CA level. But I got these values for levels 1-5:

1: 126 life, 25 wp

2: 190 life, 33 wp

3: 253 life, 42 wp

4: 316 life, 50 wp

5: 380 life, 59 wp

Life is not percentage based here too, as I tried adding +hp and +vitality items. And the willpower addition is especially confusing, as et_addattr_intelligence (Acute Mind) works with the (x+y*calvl)/10 formula... Maybe it has something to do with the first modification of Grim Resilience.

This is excellent information!

I'm currently building a Character Designer (aka: making online builds) and rather than raiding the Wiki for information I can just write a quick parser to do it for me.

Would also help a lot when there's a major update too. We can even get 100% accurate CA information on the Wiki.

*tingles*

This will be a late saturday night... :D

This is excellent information!

I'm currently building a Character Designer (aka: making online builds) and rather than raiding the Wiki for information I can just write a quick parser to do it for me.

Would also help a lot when there's a major update too. We can even get 100% accurate CA information on the Wiki.

*tingles*

This will be a late saturday night... :D

I know the Sacred community's been waiting for this and I'm glad you found this excellent topic useful, Akamir. Load up on Redbulls I say!

:twitch:

gogo

Wow the amount of solid information here is simply stunning. Again, great work everyone!

I've written a parser last night and found out that there are 93 player spells. Those last 3 are due to the fact that some spells transform into a permanent buff such as the Doppelganger. I also managed to translate the german spell text into proper english spells as used in the en_UK client. My next job is to add formulas to all this and hopefully have some successful testing. :twitch:

Fun fact: While testing cooldowns against my leveled Shadow Warrior in-game, a Kobold ran up to me out of nowhere and dropped a nice set item.. :D

Edited by Akamir

ahhh, I sense the giggle of delight in your post... awesome. If you're able to get a calculator going, we can help out by hosting it on SacredWiki as well if you ned it hosted.

Definitely a great new resource for Sacred Players world wide!

Next step will be to figure out how stamina is worked in. 25 Stamina at level 1 = 93.1% regen rate... I don't get it... to be tested when I have a good amount of data.

This might be a bit late, but that 93.1% is because there actually is something equipped. New Seraphim characters start with poor quality wings that add 7.3% regeneration time, wich pushes average combat regeneration time down to 93.1%. I'm very sure about this since I noticed the same numbers while testing. Unequipping the wings brings the average combat regeneration time to 100% as seen in the Stamina tooltip.

CA regeneration = (Cost Base + Cost Level * Level) / Average Combat Regeneration Time

I've tested this with different skills at different levels with different characters and has proven to be 100% correct. Your math is good :D

Edited by Akamir

Actually it's wrong.

Average Regen Time should be Aspect Regen Time. (If you use the direct Stamina value it won't work at higher levels with focuses etc).

As to the gear, oops. But that number doesn't quite work out as far as reduction (it's interesting that she starts at 100% with a +7.3 penalty leading to 93.1)

OOOOH.

Thank you Akamir.

(And now gogo is going to go berzerk and lose another pair of pants)

(Stamina / (Armor Penalty)) / Stamina = Stamina tooltip.

I can test further values in a minute but:

(25 / (1.073)) / 25 = 93.1966449...

Ascaron tends to floor their values when listing them, so 93.19 would come out as 93.1.

Now if someone could help test this the real way would be to omit any focus and concentration skills (and -regen gear) for the moment, simply get varying armor penalties and confirm the results.

Ah you are right about the aspect times. I'll be sure to use the aspect regeneration rather than the global one.

I noticed that the 7.3% penalty did not make much sense but you seem to have solved that problem already :lol:

I've put a preview of the combat arts on my personal wiki userpage, not sure if that is the right place, but I didnt want to place it all in this post. :)

These should be all the correct values for Combat Arts at level 1 with an aspect regeneration time of 100% (naked).

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/User:Akamir

This is all generated from my spells.txt

EDIT:

I've not yet begun factoring in tokens so they are not there, before I start that I want to parse all the "effects" before linking that together and having it affect everyting.

EDIT2:

Hmm, with 29 stamina at level 2 I have 105.4% regeneration. If I equip an item with 20.5% penalty my regeneration times drop to 87.5%.

That does not fit with the formula, gonna break my brain on this one for a bit.

EDIT3:

New Temple Guardian, 25 stamina, 100% regeneration time while being naked, equipping chestpiece with 1.7% penalty wich should push my regeneration down to 98.3% but instead goes down to 98.1%. Hmm.

Edited by Akamir

The math seems to work quite oddly in Sacred 2... I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

However EDIT2 does fit the formula (or rather my new and improved formula that fudges part of the work).

( (Stamina * Stamina Bonus) / (Equipment Penalty) ) / Stamina

Thus

( (29 * 1.054) / (1.205) ) / 29 = 87.468, which disagrees with my flooring assumption but it's close enough to work for me (especially since it appears that the game does use the decimals, just doesn't show them to you). I put a +2CA in a gold socket and got +3 (Also got +3 RI from +2RI with that same ring).

The TG however... I don't know. Must be some rounding issue somewhere.

Rendering my level 46 dryad naked for stamina testing purposes (thus a 100% Armor value) I get an average value of 654.8, useless since I have focus skills however the value of 409.2% from Cabalistic Voodoo is more useful since it is based solely on Stamina + Concentration (And not the varying aspect bonuses)

Concentration offers: -17.2% Regeneration and assuming I am correct in assuming that Stamina Regeneration * (1+Concentration) gives you the new overall regeneration value (Focus skills affecting specific aspects)

Thus my regeneration would then be: (Stamina) * (1.172) = 409.2

Therefore Stamina = 409.2 / 1.172 = 349.15

My Stamina is of 196... yet I have no clue how the values work out, so far.

On the other hand, a level 2 dryad with 28 Stamina has 104.4% regeneration value, after taking Concentration (level 1 = 4.6%):

104.4 * 1.046 = 109.2, in game stamina value results in 109.6

Level 2: 6.3%

104.4 * 1.063 = 110.98, real value of 111.6

It seems my formula for that is not quite accurate.

All things considered though, I suspect it's close enough to give a general idea for the moment and hopefully is on the right track.

I agree, the testing, how the math in Sacred actually works, is the hardest part in all of this. Maybe I'll find some time this week to do some testing.

In which programming language are you programming your parser/character builder? I intended to build a parser myself to get the tokens from the Combat Arts, but in the end I didn't even try and just copy-pasted the values and used 2 find-and-replace operations on it, which was much faster :lol:

Level 2: 6.3%

104.4 * 1.063 = 110.98, real value of 111.6

Out of curiosity, could your Survivial Bonus have given you a Stamina with a decimal (which Sacred 2 would use, but not display) which would have upped your stamina regen bonus? Also, whatabout the +~10% stamina per level, that should give a decimal as well.

Llama, I doubt it in this case, the bonus from SB is roughly SB/2, and at level 2 I had 0.7% SB.

The oddity was that it should be 27 since you start with 25... and I know at higher levels the values do work out to 10% rounded down, not 10% including decimal.

Quick question about the Magic Coup modifier Life Leech "Leeches life from the target and adds it to the caster's life. (5% + 5% per CA level lifeleech)"

Is it 5% of the initial 5%? Making it 5.25%? Seems a bit high either way though I wouldn't mind at, heh.