About This File
This is a tool coded by myself to compare two different mods and extract all differences between each supported .txt file. Which is nearly all of them.
Use together with S2CE_Insert.exe so you can pull one mod out and insert it somewhere else. Especially useful for mods based on other mods if the first mod gets an update.
The tool will only extract actual changes and not the whole .txt file, that's what makes it so powerful!
The tools latest version will only work on windows OS, latest non-OS-dependend version is 2.0.0!
It works like that: One mod is the basic and one is the modded. It will only compare and extract things that the modded one contains. After each file comparison, if it found any changes, it will create an "EXTRACTED_...".txt file and only list the changes in that extracted file. If there exists something in the basic file that the modded one deleted in that file, it won't list it. If there exists something that's same in basic and modded, it won't list it. If there exists something in modded that's different to basic, it will list it. It works define-based, so if e.g. there's one entry changed in a spell in spells.txt, it will list the whole spell define in EXTRACTED_spells.txt.
- unzip/unrar this tool and your two mods you want to compare.
- put first mod folder into same folder as S2C_Extract.exe and lua54.dll
- [If the first mod are the CM-Patch scripts, replace them like I've described further down]
- rename the first mod folder to "basic" (without quotation marks)
- put the second mod folder into same folder as above
- rename second mod folder to "modded" (without quotation marks)
- douple-click S2C_Extract.exe
If you want to compare a mod to the CM-Patch-scripts, then you must replace
with the three three files in the "CM 1.60 files debugged" folder first, as there are some problems and inconsistencies with the CM-patch.
Line-by-line based comparison .txt files:
Partially supported define based comparison .txt files:
- The "mapPosition"s at the end of the file are not supported due to two different safe patterns. Everything else works.
- Unlike in earlier versions, Creature-Blueprint-Relations work again
- Task Creatures work
- Task Items work
- Quests work
- nothing else works
Fully supported define-based comparison .txt files:
The tool is completely coded in lua and fully open source. The Script is included in the upload since version 1.1.0.
- Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo, I used his srlua to compile the script into a standalone .exe.
You can discuss this tool here:
Edited by Lindor
What's New in Version 2.0.0 See changelog
- Added line based comparison for all previously not supported files. It will compare the files line-by-line without trying to find matching lines, so just adding one line to the top of one of the files will result in the whole file becoming extracted
- Sped up execution of name/ID recognition by skipping unnecessary steps
- Changed Eliza.txt to line based comparison
- Changed keycodes.txt to line based comparison
Fixed some bugs for some files which didn't work correctly or might've even led to crashes previously, now they fully work:
- Discontinued the support of Creature-Blueprint-Relations in creatures.txt because of mod-dependend safe patterns
- Added version number to .exe file
- With version 2.0.0:
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!Register a new account
Already have an account? Sign in here.Sign In Now