Hangover Cures

Unless you are one of those lucky lucky people who never get one whats your cure?

For me it has to be gallons and gallons of coffee strong and sweet and food! any food just something to stop that horrible hollow feeling you get! /sick ...ofc I never get them as I am far to angelic /rofl

So whats your cure? ( and don't say don't drink lol)

well I really don't need a cure- but I heard that advil works!!

also I never got sick except that time when I was in Cuba. I drank gallons and gallons of rhum- and then I got sick as in...coo cooo the whole day and then the next day!

Guest gogoblender
A huge fry-up and a gallon of tea :drunkards:

a fry up?

lol, you don't mean bacon and eggs to you ?

zomg I think I'd hurl even more after a hangover!

Fer me it's always been tons a tylenol and so much water till bursting point before bed.

I"m always afraid of the hangover and the tylenol does a meritable job of warding off the often-had chromium bolt of pain that fires off as soon as I wake up after a good night gettin to know Captain Morgan.

:)

gogo

Yep Gogo

Bacon, eggs, sausages, beans, mushrooms, tomatos, oinions, fried bread, hashbrowns, bubble and squek. And a HUGE mug of hot breakfast tea.

The need for grease after a drinking session is well ingrained into me and my mates.... :)

Drinking water is key, dehydration from drinking alchohol leads to many of the symtoms of a hangover.

Has anyone thought of just drinking more to get rid of a hangover ? /beers

Crunchie

It true if you drink lotsof water before bed you dont have a hangover, but generally if im drunk enough to have a bad hangover im too drunk to remember to drink water and I just need to pass out. So the cure is HUGE greasy breakfast in a breadroll lots of water and then a beer then back to bed.

then your all good later on

Chugging water before going to sleep is probably the best cure / prevention. Lots of liquids and a big breakfast if you can stomach it generally brings you around pretty well. I try to get really hydrated before drinking, so if I know beforehand I'll drink lots of water all day and eat a big meal before drinking

Guest gogoblender

ahhh, good idea

drinkin tons of water before and lotsa great before hand

heh, dunno how if I can stomach a "fryup" (heh, like that word) after a huge night of carousing...

But advanced prep sounds good.

nothin too good fer the mudmen and beers

:P

gogo

Yep has to be a massive fry up for me - the whole shabang! /drool

And loads of water and then more water!

And if you feel up to it as Lex said a beer really helps - but sometimes you just cant face it /sick

And taking Evening Primrose tabs before drinking helps heaps :)

Guest gogoblender

evening primrose tabs?

Aur I've never heard of that

is that some kind of...pressed-flower-smellssogoodihavetoeatitkindathingy?

Does it really help?

:D

gogo

Guest gogoblender

yuk

that's really gross hk

but, er....

thanks fer sharin

I still wanna know about the evening primrose tablets!

gogo

Yup, Evening Primrose Tablets!! Ari told me about them a few years ago....And they worked for me...I just forget to buy them /rolleyes

"Evening primrose oil is a dietary supplement derived from the seeds of the evening primrose plant, Oenothera biennis. Its Latin name is derived from the Greek word for wine, reflecting the folk belief that the plant could relieve the symptoms of a hangover. Other names for the plant are tree primrose and sundrop. Native Americans used the leaves and bark of evening primrose as a sedative and astringent; it was given for stomach and liver complaints as well as disorders of the female reproductive system. More recently, the discovery of antioxidant and other properties of the seed oil has focused attention on its usefulness in treating a range of diseases and disorders, including as an anti-inflammatory, and for premenstrual syndrome (PMS), rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, osteoporosis, ulcerative colitis, menopausal problems, and heart disease".

I dont get them too often, unless I drink alot of liquor. I usually just drink beer and a little liquor.

But on those occasions I have been sick as a dog testing things to make me feel better.... and what was the best thing you ask? BEER! I was sick ALLLLLL DAY till I popped open a beer for Surf and took a swallow and then another and I'll tell u my tummy instantly felt relieved somewhat. Foods High in Carbs and LOW in grease are also great with the BEER. I usually need a plain beer, not a lager or anything dark or light even just a miller high life or whatever NORMAL beer is in the fridge. I was surley amazed that it worked...

THE HAIR OF THE DOG! /beer

hehe Gint...you are not getting old...naps are the stuff of life!...I love having a nap...infact I am right grumpy devil if I don't get a nap...

hehe I'm not getting old see I am regressing...

remember as a really young kid your parents would make you have a nap in the day!

/rofl

You just have to /heart nap time