Polytheist & map uncovered annoyances.

Ok, I've apparently finished mapping in Sacred 2 with my TG, I can't see any non-underground areas that I've not uncovered (legitimately, no jumping for my TG), yet I've only got ~75%, I've gone through all of the regions & as far as I can tell, I've got all of the above-ground area uncovered, I've also gone through all underground/caves/etc that I've found as I found them (except a few that were quest-based & therefore locked). Since my photoshopping skills suck, I'll upload a pair of images with the north/south of my map.

Another annoyance is that there's 1 (as far as I can tell, see above) temple that I haven't uncovered yet, so I've not got the Polytheist achievement. It's to the south-east of the one inbetween Teardrop Hamlet & Thylisium (so it's to the west of the Bawadi portal in the mountains), how the #### do I get there? I've scrapped round all of the edge of the mountains bu I can't see anywhere to go up into the mountains, not even a hidden route. Though on second thoughts, I've also missed the one in the Jungle & I can only count ~16 on the French map (here), which is 4 short.

Off the top of my head, the temple that is south of Teardrop and west of Badawi is accessed thru the desert...the path isn't very obvious but it is near Badawi. I can draw up a map if you need. There's also a temple under the Dryad Island. There's a huge cave south of the main city. The one with 3 locked doors. The quest giver is on a bridge just north of the cave and you will need to do quest in order to unlock door and gain access to temple. There's also a temple just outside of that cave too along a hidden path.

As far as increasing Map%. Best thing to do is equip as much Visibility mod as you can and then go back over edges and all underground areas. Unlike S1, the more visibility you have, the better chance you will un-fog an adjoining sector. You can see the sector lines if you modify a line in the options file.

There are several areas only accessible by doing quests. The Dryad cave I mentioned above, the pirate cave in SW High Elf region and the Ghost area in Northeastern Human region are among the largest ones.

There's also a cave up the seraphim section (called Hidden Valley I think) located in far western High Elf region though I believe you can only do if in Campaign mode. At some point I'll have a list of all the specific quests that unlock areas but it's still several weeks away. Re-doing my map explorer and will document them as I progress.

The ex-Xmas island isn't showing as dark brown explored on your map Llama.

Is that right?

Also are you using Schots camera settings to do this?

I would guess that it would help if you do? :4rofl:

Here's a a part of the map I made Llama with the path drawn out. In game it appears as though you can't walk that way. Just close your eyes and take a step forward. ^^

You got it stubbs. only reason I was able to find this path was because I was zoomed waaaay out in order to find/follow the path overhead.

polytheist1.jpg

Thanks Schot, that's perfect.

Stubbie, yes, I'm using a modified camera (though I've not modified it to show the sectors).

I'm not sure whether I've done the Ancestor's Chamber (I think) quest/city under the Dryad island with this TG or my last one, so that's one to check as well.

I've done the ghost city, but probably not the pirate cave. You can get to the seraphim/Hidden Valley in Free Mode (which is where I got to it), but IIRC there's a locked cave there which I've not done.

Looks like I got the Polytheist achievement. I think I'd missed the Dryad, Jungle & Desert temples. Still lacking 4% WD though (& yes, I've done the Ancient's Chambers quest/city).

Edit: Also, there's a locked door in a cave in the HE area near the Forgotten Gardens area you go through a valley to get to the quest chain that let's you into the otherwise locked "cave"/monastery (you get a pair of quests to go find a scout, then report back to the bloke outside the cave).