Sacred wiki on console games

As the console versions of sacred are going to be released in two days I thought I should ask whether anyone is add to the information already on the wiki by talking about the console games, their GUIs and such

The extra info would be fantastic. But right now I don't see myself getting an xbox console. The biggest challenge with wiki info is credibility and verifiability.

Unfortunately, without having the console, me or Schot wouldn't be able to verify posted information and this could be a problem. We're open to suggestions, and if anyone has some ideas on whether if, if possible at all, this can be added, we've open ears.

:)

gogo

Having the different GUI's would be a big plus to the wiki for sure. I'll be buying the PS3 version for my nephews which will give me a chance to get a feel for how similar the console is to the pc. :)

I have a PS3, but unfortunately I live in Europe so I wont get the game till June 5th, therefore if some content was already uploaded then that would be great for me

I guess we're hoping someone shows up who enjoys writing and has a console. Once that happens, we can probably look at getting some console info onto the wiki.

gogo

Hiya,

I'm new here, and rather new to sacred 2. Got it on 360 tho. I can help out with the pictures. Never written a guide before tho, if anyone would help me out by telling me what kind of basics to cover I'll put up some pictures and simple information :)

Thanks for the help!

This game is huge, and we're all working on different projects. Work is never done and always something to document

Please send me a pm about what you'd be interested in helping with.

cheers!

gogo

Thanks for the help!

This game is huge, and we're all working on different projects. Work is never done and always something to document

Please send me a pm about what you'd be interested in helping with.

cheers!

gogo

I can definitely help with the wiki. I dont have a capture card so I would have to use a digi-cam which is fairly new (Mom won it in a sweepstakes)

Ive done some editing of another wiki, specifically FFXICLOPEDIA so I have a tiny bit of knowledge about wiki stuff.

This is awesome Unaki!

If you're interested in working on the database, please send me a pm and I can update your permissions. I guess what would very much be helpful right now is a page like this:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacre..._User_Interface

From the interface?

Or any other information perhaps that can help us document how the GUI is working?

Or... lol, if you like Quests, that's another part of the wiki that's huge and has peeps working on it now. Quests should remain the same tween the platforms, and if yer able to pic it even better.

Those are just suggestions, if you've got other places that interest you wiki's open to contributions.

Welcome to the forum and wiki!

gogo

This is awesome Unaki!

If you're interested in working on the database, please send me a pm and I can update your permissions. I guess what would very much be helpful right now is a page like this:

From the interface?

Or any other information perhaps that can help us document how the GUI is working?

Or... lol, if you like Quests, that's another part of the wiki that's huge and has peeps working on it now. Quests should remain the same tween the platforms, and if yer able to pic it even better.

Those are just suggestions, if you've got other places that interest you wiki's open to contributions.

Heres a question though. On some set item pages, there is a table with the difficulties and a % number thats the same on all of them. What are those?

:4rofl:

gogo

I can do that. I guess I could make a new character on Bronze and do every sidequest in the game xD This game already sucked up 2 weeks of my life, whats an extra month? xD Edited by Unaki
This is awesome Unaki!

From the interface?

Heres a question though. On some set item pages, there is a table with the difficulties and a % number thats the same on all of them. What are those?

gogo

I can do that. I guess I could make a new character on Bronze and do every sidequest in the game xD This game already sucked up 2 weeks of my life, whats an extra month? xD

Make sure you document which quest are part of a chain quest, as going back and looking at finished quest that are in a chain later on becomes a pain

This is awesome Unaki!

From the interface?

gogo

I can do that. I guess I could make a new character on Bronze and do every sidequest in the game xD This game already sucked up 2 weeks of my life, whats an extra month? xD

Make sure you document which quest are part of a chain quest, as going back and looking at finished quest that are in a chain later on becomes a pain

This would take me at least 3 weeks of solid play to do alone and I have a tournament on Saturday plus Red Faction comes out next week. >.<

Your not alone in working on quest, there's several other people chipping away at them as well. Good, quality wiki's arent built in a day.

Oh I know. FFXIclopedia took 6 years to make it what it is. Really hard work.

I was looking at inquisitor skills, and noticed this for the description of Soul Reaver:

"The essences of fallen corpses will rise and surround the Inquisitor. Whenever a fresh soul is raised, the duration of their stay is reset. Each additional soul grants a bonus."

I was going to change it to the description that's listed on the 360 version, which reads:

"Raises the souls of fallen corpses. These will surround the Inquisitor for a while before they disappear again. Each fresh soul provides an additional boost to the Inquisitor's attack and defense, as well as resetting the souls' lifespan."

However, I didn't know if you guys were trying to stick to the exact PC descriptions and such. What do you think about this (and other possible console differences)? Perhaps I should post if I find a potential difference between the wiki information and console version, and we can talk out how to deal with each case? I'm pretty sure there are some actual gameplay and numbers differences here and there that we'll need to deal with, too.

I was looking at inquisitor skills, and noticed this for the description of Soul Reaver:

"The essences of fallen corpses will rise and surround the Inquisitor. Whenever a fresh soul is raised, the duration of their stay is reset. Each additional soul grants a bonus."

I was going to change it to the description that's listed on the 360 version, which reads:

"Raises the souls of fallen corpses. These will surround the Inquisitor for a while before they disappear again. Each fresh soul provides an additional boost to the Inquisitor's attack and defense, as well as resetting the souls' lifespan."

However, I didn't know if you guys were trying to stick to the exact PC descriptions and such. What do you think about this (and other possible console differences)? Perhaps I should post if I find a potential difference between the wiki information and console version, and we can talk out how to deal with each case? I'm pretty sure there are some actual gameplay and numbers differences here and there that we'll need to deal with, too.

That's (the new description you want to use) is actually a better and more useful description re: CA. If this helps players get a better grasp of the play mechanics via description, I would personally say that this edit helps disperse information better and thereby help player's with their builds.

The Ca descriptions were only taken from the game because that was all there was at the time. But I would think that a better one would win out. The wiki's not necessarily a website for Sacred 2 homage per se. But a database that's trying to look good while helping players.

I say go for it, and later on we can get more peeps in on this.

gogo

That's (the new description you want to use) is actually a better and more useful description re: CA. If this helps players get a better grasp of the play mechanics via description, I would personally say that this edit helps disperse information better and thereby help player's with their builds.

The Ca descriptions were only taken from the game because that was all there was at the time. But I would think that a better one would win out. The wiki's not necessarily a website for Sacred 2 homage per se. But a database that's trying to look good while helping players.

I say go for it, and later on we can get more peeps in on this.

gogo

I say simplify everything.

Include the full description and then a simple one sentence statement detailing the skills uses

Edited by Unaki

I like it Echelar. Details the actions of what is happening when the CA is in operation. This is helpful and descriptive with a touch of tease for new players.

Loox good

soul.jpg

gogo

Can anyone with the PC version check to see if riding a Horse mount removes all your buffs? Because it does on the 360 version.

Also, do Unique Mounts on the PC actually increase regen times by ~50%?

On the console, the unique mounts show up in the shop as +33% to all, -30% to aspect, but once you buy it, the + to all shows as ~50%.

Once we get this nailed down, it should go on the wiki somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm finding a lot of combat arts function differently in the PS3 version than posted on the Wiki, posted a couple, noticed a few more, found that this might be the better thread to post this on, has anyone else using console versions of sacred 2 noticed this?

Another example would be... Reflective Emanation progresses at half the speed (20.1 +1.0/CA opposed to 20.0+2.0/CA) Not that it progressing slower is a reason not to take the skill...