Question about combat arts

ok, just got the game and trying to figure it out... When do you get to pick a new combat art.. im level 11, and can use death warrior combat arts, but want to use astral lord combat arts.. did I screw my build up? or just gotta wait for a certain level to use the combat arts

Heya!

Just a few simple answers on your questions eh!

Combat arts are not gained by levelling, but by reading corresponding runes. Every CA has it's own rune. Read one, and you gain that specific CA. Be careful not to read/eat to many.... regen time suffers because of that....

EDIT: skills choices do depend on level.

But that's for some other time I think :)

Play, tinker, try and enjoy!

Feel free to ask other question!

Oh yah, a warm welcome to tha forum

Greetz

Edited by Barristan

Not sure which way you mean so I'll answer both ways :)

1) In order to really use any Astral Combat Arts you need to select the skills Astral Focus and Astral Lore. The Lore will typically increase damage and Focus will reduce regen and allow higher CA lvls without penalties.

2) If you're looking for runes from the Astral Aspect you can always exchange runes for the ones you want at the Rune Merchant

3) You gain new skills at lvls 2, 3, 5, 8, 12, 18, 25, 35, 50 and 65.

4) If this didn't answer your question take a look at our Wiki lot of good info there. If you're still unsure just let me know...will be more than happy to help out

• 4 weeks later...

Are the runes to unlock new CA found in certain places? If so where could I find a list to these locations? Are the runes found randomly when killing enemies?

Runes are random drops from enemies and from quests...any enemy can drop any rune so there's not one place you have to go to find a particular one