Fixing up my Character Build

Volan

Ello, I'm new but just recently I realized my Seraphim character build could possibly be completely screwed up. I reviewed the stats and found I have one huge choice in front of me - I have four slots for new Skills at level 19, but I need five.

Here's my skill build so far - Level 19 Seraphim

Sword Weapons - 10

Armor Lore - 9

Concentration - 12

Concentration was my first mistake! I got it so I could improve the regeneration times of my Rev. Tech and Celestial Magic and wasted a bunch of points in it but found out once I got Celestial Magic Focus, it was completely useless.

Rev. Tech Lore - 3

Celestial Magic Lore - 8

Celestial Magic Focus - 3

-Empty Slot

-Empty Slot

-Empty Slot

-Empty Slot

As you can see, my build is alright. I am just really hating my decision for Concentration. Yesterday, I realized that unless I'm going to get Shield Lore, I shouldn't use a shield/sword combo and that I should go right to Dual Wield. Problem

The skills I'm looking to put into the Empty Slots are as follows -

1 - Dual Wield - First chance I get I would add this

2 - Rev. Tech Focus - I need to get my Flaring Nova's regeneration time waaaaay down, especially if I have a buff on. My Battle Stance is only at level 6 and it pushing Flaring Nova up to a 41 second Regen. I also just discovered a liking to Devine Protection.

Now these three are the controversial ones. What I'm asking is what TWO should I chose?

- Warding Energy Lore

- Tactics Lore

- Constitution

The class I'm going for is a high hitting spell type, but also a tank in melee. If I looked at this before, I would have said this build would have worked if I didn't pick up Concentration. >.<

So, what skill is more important? I'm killing my brain trying to figure out which to chose.

- Warding Enegry Lore would boost my Devine Protection

- Tactics Lore would increase overall Melee Damage

- Constitution would boost all my HP

If I took Constitution and not Earding Energy, my Warding tanking ability is smashed. If I take Warding Energy without constitution, my HP suffers if my shielding fails. And Tactics Lore would be perfect for damage in Melee. Please help me make the decision . . .

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Update/Bump

I just hit level 25 and I have not wasted a single skill point since level 19. I have 19 skill Points left, and I'm probably going to go with the dual wield. (Found two of the exact swords with 4 sockets open, one for level 20 and another for level 28 - 100K at vendor) The last three levels I did by doing The Undead Legion Quest Line - Saving the Boss for tomorrow . . . today.

I got thinking again, thinking I should forget about Rev. Tech Focus and stick to Constitution, Tactics Lore, and Warding Energy Lore. I would need those in a boss fight more than Rev. Tech, right?

Please, respond to what I should do, it would be greatly appreciated.

I just hit level 25 and I have not wasted a single skill point since level 19. I have 19 skill Points left, and I'm probably going to go with the dual wield. (Found two of the exact swords with 4 sockets open, one for level 20 and another for level 28 - 100K at vendor) The last three levels I did by doing The Undead Legion Quest Line - Saving the Boss for tomorrow . . . today.

I got thinking again, thinking I should forget about Rev. Tech Focus and stick to Constitution, Tactics Lore, and Warding Energy Lore. I would need those in a boss fight more than Rev. Tech, right?

Hi,

what kinda seraphim are you trying to be?

Next --> Sword Weopons and Dual Wield dont stack. The attack bonus for sword weopons and the one for dual wield replace each other (if you equip two swords the dual wield wil count. Only benefit you would get from also having sword is that it opens the modifiers but then putting points in it above one is useless if you are dual wielding.

good skills to take are (depends on what you wanne be)

Tactic lore (more damge and critical hits)

exalted warrior Lore (for battle stance increase in level and less regeneration time)

Enhanced Perception or Bargaining for better armor

your only level 25. Make a good build on what you want and start over maybe?

I think you want to have something of everything but you'll yturn out mediocre in the end.

good luck

Concentration was my first mistake! I got it so I could improve the regeneration times of my Rev. Tech and Celestial Magic and wasted a bunch of points in it but found out once I got Celestial Magic Focus, it was completely useless.

a rebuild might not be a bad idea, if you are at level 25 AND you notice that one of your chosen skills is becoming useless.....

after reading Antitrusts build suggestion I also dropped a level 26 seraphim.... the new build rocks :sigh:

focusing on only one thing and excel at that is most likely the optimal strategy.

edit: forgot to mention, that I also dropped my old seraphim because of concentration :)

Edited by Nighthawk

Thanks guy, I'm sorta piffed not that I know the Swords and Dual Wield don't stack, but it kinda does make sense.

And I'm starting to look at this as a challenge ^.^

Screwed up in the beginning but then fixing it up and having to deal with the mistakes later on, seems pretty good! Plus, I might be Level 25, but I am close to having over 100 quests already done. In other words, the side quests side tracked me whenever I wanted to do the main quest >.<

But I think I'll deal with this but . . . one more question

If I have swords, wouldn't adding Shield Lore me smarter than changing it out to Dual Wield? The Shield would prove to have more Defense in the end . . . .

If I have swords, wouldn't adding Shield Lore me smarter than changing it out to Dual Wield? The Shield would prove to have more Defense in the end . . . .

Bump

Bump

You can avoid damage by either killing mobs faster, or by equipping tons of armor. Both can work :)

I'm not sure what are you trying to do with this build, so I can't suggest something specific.

You can avoid damage by either killing mobs faster, or by equipping tons of armor. Both can work :)

I'm not sure what are you trying to do with this build, so I can't suggest something specific.

Well, guess I'm going with the armor route! Just needed some reassurance. I can now finally start playing again and spend those 19 skill points I have saved up without regret. Thanks ^.^

And I guess I was going to go with a sorta warrior type, but to also maintain strong crowd-control spells and single target spells. Since I suck at overall magic only types(Tried High Elf, died a few times rather quickly >.<), I was thinking the seraphim would work great. Now that I think about it, Going with Shield Lore would give me some extra defense needed to cast such spells. No idea if this is a good idea for higher level's, but I think it's worth a shot. ^.^

Edited by Volan
  • 2 months later...
Ello, I'm new but just recently I realized my Seraphim character build could possibly be completely screwed up. I reviewed the stats and found I have one huge choice in front of me - I have four slots for new Skills at level 19, but I need five.

Here's my skill build so far - Level 19 Seraphim

Sword Weapons - 10

Armor Lore - 9

Concentration - 12

Rev. Tech Lore - 3

Celestial Magic Lore - 8

Celestial Magic Focus - 3

-Empty Slot

-Empty Slot

-Empty Slot

-Empty Slot

As you can see, my build is alright. I am just really hating my decision for Concentration. Yesterday, I realized that unless I'm going to get Shield Lore, I shouldn't use a shield/sword combo and that I should go right to Dual Wield. Problem

The skills I'm looking to put into the Empty Slots are as follows -

1 - Dual Wield - First chance I get I would add this

2 - Rev. Tech Focus - I need to get my Flaring Nova's regeneration time waaaaay down, especially if I have a buff on. My Battle Stance is only at level 6 and it pushing Flaring Nova up to a 41 second Regen. I also just discovered a liking to Devine Protection.

Now these three are the controversial ones. What I'm asking is what TWO should I chose?

- Warding Energy Lore

- Tactics Lore

- Constitution

The class I'm going for is a high hitting spell type, but also a tank in melee. If I looked at this before, I would have said this build would have worked if I didn't pick up Concentration. >.<

So, what skill is more important? I'm killing my brain trying to figure out which to chose.

- Warding Enegry Lore would boost my Devine Protection

- Tactics Lore would increase overall Melee Damage

- Constitution would boost all my HP

If I took Constitution and not Earding Energy, my Warding tanking ability is smashed. If I take Warding Energy without constitution, my HP suffers if my shielding fails. And Tactics Lore would be perfect for damage in Melee. Please help me make the decision . . .

As with previous posters, I can't see where you are trying to go with this build.

Sword weapons/dual wield (or shield lore) suggests some kind of melee damage build.

Revered tech skills suggest BFG/AW/flaring nova for your damage.

Celestial magic skills suggest radiant pillar/healing role (although personally I'm not a fan of the celestial skills/CAs in general)

I guess this fits with your stated aim of wanting a spellcasting melee tank. The problem is that this type of build just doesn't work. You end up being very mediocre in all areas with not much killing power. Successful builds generally focus on one (maybe two) area and get that area as good as it can possibly be. So dual wield seras have their skills tailored towards melee damage (and inevitably need damage avoidance skills). Ranged damage builds are generally focused around AW/BFG (and maybe flaring nova).

Also it sounds like you may be eating too many runes. 41 second flaring nova is pretty horrific! For most CAs you should probably stick to just using a single rune. Only for a few CAs is it useful to eat more runes (e.g. dashing alacrity, divine protection and BFG in the right build). So I would stick with level 1 battle stance until your CA regens are low enough (a couple of seconds) that you can eat runes and without excessive regen times.

Hi,

what kinda seraphim are you trying to be?

Next --> Sword Weopons and Dual Wield dont stack. The attack bonus for sword weopons and the one for dual wield replace each other (if you equip two swords the dual wield wil count. Only benefit you would get from also having sword is that it opens the modifiers but then putting points in it above one is useless if you are dual wielding.

good skills to take are (depends on what you wanne be)

Tactic lore (more damge and critical hits)

exalted warrior Lore (for battle stance increase in level and less regeneration time)

Enhanced Perception or Bargaining for better armor

I think you want to have something of everything but you'll yturn out mediocre in the end.

good luck

not saying your totally wrong but for my seraphim I put 1 point in sword wep for the modifier thingy you no?